College of Engineering, Pune (COEP) Students to Contribute to Wikipedia

COEP's 800 students will contribute to Wikipedia as part of the first semester of their B. Tech. degree course, #-Link-Snipped-#.

The program includes students from the computer, electrical, electronics and telecom, mechanical, and production engineering fields, as well as from infotech and mathematics.

They will work under the guidance of professors at the college as they make their contributions to pages on Wikipedia related to their respective fields of study.

In a briefing to the press on Wednesday, the institute’s director Anil Sahasrabudhe revealed that the students would be marked
for the end-of-semester internal examinations on the articles they contribute to the user-generated encyclopedia. Both faculties and students will receive training from Wikipedia staff before the commencement of the program.

Via The Next Web

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hiiii i m mechanical engineer student..i joined to ce so that i coud get more knowledge in mech field
Written Test : Written test will be mostly of coding, puzzles and questions from Data Structures. Interview will be fully from coding and algorithms. Lots of rounds of interview will...
Hello sir, I m a Chem. Engg student (final year) and i m finding difficulty to decide what kind of project to be carried out would be best. As i...
Placement questions: 1. If a boat is moving in upstream with velocity of 14km/hr and goes downstream with a velocity of 40km/hr. then what is the speed of the stream?...
Aptitude questions asked in L&T: Q1. Cost of an item is x. It's value increases by p% and decreases by p% Now the new value is 1 rupee, what is...