(Collection) Best Free Media Players Available.

I am dedicating this thread for all media players that are available in internet for free whether it is closed source or opensource. I would like to call all CEans out here & share the Media Player/s which they're using for listening/streaming songs.

Let's together make this thread, a big fat collection of all free Media Players available for all desktop platforms (OS X, Linux & Windows). It would be even better if you could write few lines alongwith screenshot for it.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Okay, I am rolling the dice.
    Media Player Name : Cantata

Description :
    Cantata is media player developed in QT available for Linux (Integrates well in KDE) & Windows. Light weight, opensource & very attractive. It can fetch missing album covers, Stream songs, Download the lyrics & save it for eternity. There are plenty more features, check this out : #-Link-Snipped-#

Screenshots :

snapshot13
    snapshot8 snapshot7 snapshot9 snapshot10 snapshot11 snapshot12

Download Link : #-Link-Snipped-#​
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vox Media Player - a minimalistic player that supports several formats and keeps things neat and clean. I used it for a few weeks and then switched back to VLC. I don't have a specific reason for the switch; but I guess it was some file format that refused to play on it, but VLC played it like a pro.

VOX Media player, however wins when it comes to looks. #-Link-Snipped-#

Available for OSX only, I guess.

Here are few images -

icon512 Library_view Playback_view logo_black
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Noise

Extremely light weight, no bloody bloat features. Simple & Neat.

Screenshot from 2014-10-16 09:00:56

Screenshot from 2014-10-16 09:01:16 Screenshot from 2014-10-16 09:01:50
    Download Link : Noise in Launchpad
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ^ That Noise interface looks a lot like iTunes on Mac.

I am hearing some good reviews about the BS Player.
    Features: Automatic online subtitles search, download and cache to hard drive, can play AVCHD video (used in Canon or Sony camcorders), skinnable UI and customizable playback speed among others.

Anyone here using it?

Download link: The media player, movie player, YouTube player, video player, AVCHD player, WebM player, free player - BS.Player.com
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Can a software make much of a difference to the quality of music output? I've almost came to a conclusion that a great speaker set /headphone set is all you need for fantastic sound output. The software, at its best can offer a good equaliser; but that's all about it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A new project up on Kickstarter called the "OutRunner" has made the world's first legged running robot come to life. The OutRunner bot is remote-controlled and can run at 20...
If you are active on Twitter, sometime or the other you would have wished to remove all the irritating and endless tweets from your timeline without having to un-follow someone....
Did you know that you can quickly turn your headphone into a microphone? And there's no rocket science or audio engineering involved. All you need to do is plug-in your...
Github's text editor 'Atom' is now open for public, free & fully hackable (opensource). For MAC users downloads are available in official website https://atom.io/ , for other OS users, you...