CollateBox - What is it really? [Video]

I came to know about CollateBox after a reader of VoiCE posted a link to their video in a comment on my article - #-Link-Snipped-#

Their website mentions that it is an online service that lets you gather data from multiple sources to work on it, get ready online forms to collect-update data and collaborate with your team members or just stay informed on every activity that occurs in any row or column

You can get yourself a free beta account of CollateBox (#-Link-Snipped-#).
The video doesn't make things any clear, except that it is better than Excel and Google (I'll have to just trust you on that for now).

.. and yeah, what exactly does converting data into smart data mean?

Check the video -

What are your opinions?

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Didn't get the clear meaning of it. Even the video is not in clear. Data works harder for us? How?
    Is it like collecting the similar information from multiple sources and arranging in a single place?
  • Janice Gray
    Janice Gray
    I have looked into this. It seems like this data load from excel and Google docs is storing it like Dropbox and a whole bunch of +++ scoring over Google docs and other collaboration tools. Magically transforming the data into multiple usable formats is the key essence of the video. Definitely worth the wait.
  • Sunny Ghosh
    Sunny Ghosh
    Nearly there. Love the ++ analogy πŸ˜€

Most of the comments are relevant from what we have here, but its only 24% of the value prop.

We are a Dropbox like tool that cuts through the pain of data collection while offering the ease of excel + real collaboration ability that Google docs never delivered. + Social way of working with data while being in complete control + ability to act without additional efforts ... + .....+ and so on...
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Sunny Ghosh
    Nearly there. Love the ++ analogy πŸ˜€

Most of the comments are relevant from what we have here, but its only 24% of the value prop.

We are a Dropbox like tool that cuts through the pain of data collection while offering the ease of excel + real collaboration ability that Google docs never delivered. + Social way of working with data while being in complete control + ability to act without additional efforts ... + .....+ and so on...
    Hi MR. #-Link-Snipped-#,
    πŸ‘ for the way you are promoting your project.
    Can you describe the actual motto of your project .... it is in a bit confusing way. Is it a tool that can replace the traditional windows-based applications like excel or we can store the documents in your tool and can update, modify or use them inside your application.

P.S. : By the way, Welcome to the CE world.😁 to have you with us.
  • Sunny Ghosh
    Sunny Ghosh
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Hi MR. #-Link-Snipped-#,
    πŸ‘ for the way you are promoting your project.
    Can you describe the actual motto of your project .... it is in a bit confusing way. Is it a tool that can replace the traditional windows-based applications like excel or we can store the documents in your tool and can update, modify or use them inside your application.

P.S. : By the way, Welcome to the CE world.😁 to have you with us.
    Hello Kiran,

I wish we had more people like you in CE πŸ˜€

By now, I have screened the forum and it is certainly a great place to be. CollateBox is your everyday web app - one that lets you load data from any source (excel, google docs, RSS feeds, etc etc) and work on it magically. Think about what you want to do with your data and we will transform to that effect.

It loads and allows you to export anytime as you wish. Video album to anniversary and contact to sales list - we magically want to transform the data and make it easy to work on it.

Thanks for asking and helping us to spread - #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Sunny: Thank you for your good words. I'm quite sure you'll find amazing people here on CE πŸ˜€

I'm yet to explore CollateBox and have applied for the private beta. Hope to get a chance to get into it asap. The first question that comes to my mind is why would any business want to upload their data to collatebox? Who'll own the data businesses share with you?

Quesiton #2: What'd be your pitch to a VC or in short, what problem does Collatebox solve?
  • Sunny Ghosh
    Sunny Ghosh
    The_Big_K
    @Sunny: Thank you for your good words. I'm quite sure you'll find amazing people here on CE πŸ˜€

I'm yet to explore CollateBox and have applied for the private beta. Hope to get a chance to get into it asap. The first question that comes to my mind is why would any business want to upload their data to collatebox? Who'll own the data businesses share with you?

Quesiton #2: What'd be your pitch to a VC or in short, what problem does Collatebox solve?
    Hello Friend,

I am with you.

Millions are business managers around the world today deal with the most simple challenge of organizing simple data lists. Think about your Prospect List, Delivery List, Cash-flow statement and customer list. We want to act, share and work on them with better control and are are left with no choice. Full access, multiple copies or just no access to start with.

CollateBox is built around this simple concept. Let users collaborate on data that is relevant to them and their team members - "I don't want to see the project sheet again, only want to see the updated view of progress from the project sheet to start with"

Think about your project, task or event list and you will see what I mean. Uploading data to Collatebox only makes sense when you want to manage your transient data and make your data work for you - otherwise no. I would never upload my personal monthly expense sheet if I don't need to share and work on it regularly. Ownership will obviously rest with the owner, unless violated illegally.

@Vcpitch - Users want to work off data and not structures. What would you offer today πŸ˜€
  • Sunny Ghosh
    Sunny Ghosh
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Here's a recent perspective to how we intend to make online spreadsheet data more meaningful using CollateBox: #-Link-Snipped-#

What do you think...?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sunny Ghosh
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Here's a recent perspective to how we intend to make online spreadsheet data more meaningful using CollateBox: #-Link-Snipped-#

What do you think...?
    I agree with most of the points you've mentioned in the blog post. Google Docs is pain and I haven't found a way to use it for our business.

I like the features you're talking about and would definitely want to try them out once collatebox is available πŸ˜€ Keep us posted!
  • Sunny Ghosh
    Sunny Ghosh
    Put your Spreadsheet...on steroids with CollateBox
    See it LIVE @
  • Indrajeet Roy
    Indrajeet Roy
    Ok, maybe it's just me, but would you not want your data to remain out of unauthorized hands? Or am I not getting the point?
  • Sunny Ghosh
    Sunny Ghosh
    Hi Indrajeet,

Collaborating on lists or tables of data is next to impossible in a secured manner today. Think about working with your spreadsheets with 4 other colleagues? If you want to share, update a few columns or tables of data you are left with no choice other than emailing entire spreadsheets. And your data security goes out of your control.

Which is why we build Collatebox!

You make specific views of your data available for specific team members.
    You decide who views what.
    You track every measurable activity and retain control at all given time.
    Additionally, changes made by anyone to any of your data views will automatically get Collated.

Besides, we are very serious about security too πŸ˜€
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Best, Sunny
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Really a nice feature simple and to the point on data security #-Link-Snipped-#

Only question in my mind is that the who can view the data I upload ?
    Do people who are authorised by me alone can do or any member of collate box access it ?
  • Sunny Ghosh
    Sunny Ghosh
    jeffrey samuel
    Really a nice feature simple and to the point on data security #-Link-Snipped-#

Only question in my mind is that the who can view the data I upload ?
    Do people who are authorised by me alone can do or any member of collate box access it ?
    Yes, specific users whom you authorize only. In other words, you decide what and with whom your share. Once you share a view with a user, he/she gets an email with their FREE account details of CollateBox and a link to the shared view. Shared user can login to their CB account and work on your shared view or add his/her own Box of data to share with others too.

As secure as it gets...
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    That really is cool I am suggesting it to my bud
  • Indrajeet Roy
    Indrajeet Roy
    That is seriously cool, I finally get the point πŸ‘Now for questions:
    1. Is this going to remain free? It's too useful to not remain free!!
    2. I have tried signing up for a free invite, but clicking on Request Invitation does not seem to do anything! Some help, Please?
    3. Any chance you are looking for a recent BCA Grad to work for you? ( I am serious, I will be completing my BCA by Feb 2013 )
  • Albert Bedford
    Albert Bedford
    I enjoyed watching the video . It is very informative. I am looking forward to trying out Collatebox . Can someone tell me about the privacy aspect though?
  • Ernest Leigh
    Ernest Leigh
    You need not worry about the privacy as only you would have data access control, no one else can download it , and you can even specifically set who exactly sees what
  • Athar Ankalgi
    Athar Ankalgi
    While I was reading through the entire thread, I thought I could share about the security of the data & privacy.

Read more #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello people, The agenda for the Tiecon's Nagpur Event is now here. Check it out - Agenda For DAY ONE - Agenda for DAY TWO -
How to add catalyst effects on kinetic behavior of a chemical reaction in various chemical reactor models in Aspen plus software? How to create a catalytic reactor model for simulation...
You must have already read in the news about Gujarat becoming the first state in the country to generate solar power through panels mounted on a water body. The state...
Did Verisign Steal Axis Bank’s Logo? In 2010, Verisign sold its authentication business unit to Symantec (the makers of the Norton Anti-Virus suite) for $1.28 billion. Verisign manages two of...
Hi guys, did anyone try the Belkin C10 Music receiver gadget? It offers connectivity over Bluetooth to stream music to any speaker system of your choice. πŸ˜€