Cognizant Selection Procedure

Cognizant comes in colleges with a good eligibility criteria and for mass recruiting for all engineering disciplines, with a decent salary package. So, nobody wants to miss on it.

Here is its selection procedure in college campus placements.

Round 1- Aptitude.
It consists of analytical and verbal reasoning.
Analytical section mostly consists of question of Coding-Decoding, Syllogisms, Find the odd one out, Find the next missing figure, etc.
Verbal section consists of questions of Paragraph Jumbling, Reading Comprehension, Correct and Incorrect Sentences etc.

The aptitude round is quite easy, not much preparation required.

Round 2- Technical Interview
The interview starts with details about the project. You need to explain the project. It is their favorite question. The interviewers also take care that you are asked questions on everything in your syllabus, and they give you marks out of 10 for each section. The questions are basic on C, C++, Java, DBMS, Networking and Testing. They also asked one puzzle to each one.

Round 3- HR Interview
The questions in HR Interview are general. They ask about Family Background, Hobbies, Why Engineering? Why Cognizant?
Also, be prepared with the information about the company. They ask- Who is the CEO? Its revenue? and What are the services it offers?

Finally, the results are announced.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

"NCEAPQ 12" is a National Conference on Energy Audit & Power Quality organized by Dr. M.G.R Educational & Research Institute, Chennai, Tamil Nadu on 5th & 6th October 2012. As...
Topic:The effect of electronic media during recent times. please help me on the topic which i have mentioned above,to participate in the essay writing competition.
what is the difference between them can any one help me out in this
Participate in both technical and non-technical events and win prizes up to 2.5 lakhs. First 100 participants who register + like our facebook page(https://www.facebook.com/eLuminate12) gets assured gifts. Check our website...
hi i am final year student(IT)...i am thinking of project in image processing... 1) related to biomedicals: like to detect some symptoms based on pattern recognition on x rays photos...