Codes fo Civil Engineering

I'm looking for Civil IS codes free of cost. It'd be really nice if someone can upload them here so that all others get to download them from just one place. It would be helpful to all the civil engineers here.

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Re: a

Hey ashokkorba
    welcome to CE....😀
    introduce yourself in the CE introductions sub forum....

ashokkorba
    😛i want is codes for civil engineering.
    ask this query in the mechanical and civil sub forum...
    i think there is a thread specifing the IS CODES in there:smile:
  • Guttu
    Guttu
    Which code? I'll check if I have that.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    try this thread it provides the links for the civil is codes #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Guttu
    Guttu
    CIVILPRINCESS
    try this thread it provides the links for the civil is codes #-Link-Snipped-#
    That site seems to be dead.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    oh! is it....:?:

sorry about that i had never used the IS codes so never tried downloading it.just saw the thread so posted it here.
  • youngengineer
    youngengineer

u are a civil engineer and don't know the IS codes, shame man
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    youngengineer

Hey please don't use such type of words..
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    youngengineer

A person who has just started with civil need not be knowing the IS codes....so no harm in asking such questions here.:smile:
  • gohm
    gohm
    I agree, you can deal with IS/local codes all day long and still not know them all. It keeps me busy.
  • youngengineer
    youngengineer
    i am in my first year and we were made to know most of them
  • madugula
    madugula
    do you mean for any subject? for reinforced concrete(rcc) u can follow Is 456:2000. for steel structures u can follow Is 800:2007. through these codes you can have an idea about the rcc and steel structures. but in real, u have several code books for several topics. like for loads, for concrete... so be specific in your question.
  • PPL
    PPL
    IS codes are that easy to memorize but easy to forget... A man with a busy thinking always does.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sir / madam, My question is Find the output of the following void main() { char *s="\12345s\n"; printf("%d",sizeof(s)); } Advance Thanks, R.Rengaraj {Java Certification Quiz} {On this forum my 22nd...
Hello Everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Bill and I'm from the Northeast US. I'm currently studying civil engineering and I work with a firm that...
i found a video in utube on an episode of planet mechanics where these people use wind power to run a moped, the episode was really interesting. compressed air cylinder...
i'm an ECE 6th sem stdnt.....i want to know how is it possible to interface PC to LED/LCD in order to form a graphic display...
Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey announced his new company on Tuesday in appropriate fashion: with a tweet on the network he created in 2006. His new company, Square, allows merchants and...