Coca Cola Price Cut. 200ml For Rs. 8.00

I'm quite sure that coca cola sales are declining in India. My friend who's well informed on the matter says that coca cola sales are actually declining all over the world and the whole of soft drinks market has been affected. Coca Cola India has decided to cut the prices of their sugar water by Rs. 1 or 2 in selected markets across India and offer the soft drink for Rs. 8.00 to Indian consumers. The rival (is it really a rival?) Pepsi Co. is expected to follow and soft drink fanatics can look forward to a price war.

Do you think this move by the coke company will make the drink sell more in India?

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I don't consume coca-cola or pepsi anyway, so it's price is irrelevant to me.

But, given the situation, I think it's no wonder that soft drink sales is declining world over. People sooner or later come to know about the ill effects of those drinks. It's because of such decline that these soft drink companies diversified into bottled water and other beverage businesses, I think. So, it's to be expected.
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    Is it on Coke only or all brands of Coca Cola like Thumbs Up?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    If you have ever thought of what is the cost price for soft drink companies, it is INR 3/-. INR 8 still leaves a lot of margin for these organizations.

And yes, do not waste your valuable money behind such drinks. If you buy a soft drink you are actually buying ill-health. There are so many drinks available. Milk and derivative drinks, Soya milk, Fruit juices, Sherbets, and ah the lovely water!

One would rather spend more on these things than on soft drinks.

But yeah, from learning point of view, it would be interesting to know what strategies Coca-cola and other brands employ to sustain themselves in market. In my opinion it will be hardly limited to a price cut.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    good to their sales are down....
    Might people know that its nothing but only vaste of money. better to drink packed fruit juice or street juice.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've realized that every expert on the subject of finance and money actually does not know what they pretend to know. So I ask them a simple question that leads...
My Dell laptop,almost 1 and half years old is now showing as consider battery replacement at the battery icon. Let me know the prices of dell laptop batteries. Although the...
I have got few good Kindle ebooks. How to read/open Kindle ebooks on windows ? Is there any conversion software? They are in .mobi format.
An article said that the current trends to be continued over the next few years are these: Enhanced Interface for easy-to-learn and easy-to-use; Improved Functionality defined as improving existing features...
I stumbled upon an interesting concept called 'Solar Simulators' aka the electric lamp that'd simulate the sunlight. I got some more information here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_Simulator , but now looking for some...