Coaching for GRE.

Are coaching classes necessary to get a good score in GRE? If a person is sincerely doing self-study, then will it be possible for him to get scores as good? I heard people say that in GRE you learn by trial and error method. By joining the coaching, you rule out the error. So, what is your opinion? 😒

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The answer is clear: If you can't study on your own, you need a coaching class. Coaching classes don't ensure good marks in exam; your performance in exam does.

If you are unsure, I'd advise you to start your preparation well in advance and then take the mock tests. If your score doesn't improve over a period of one - two months; you can think of joining a coaching center. However, make sure the coaching center has a good track record of producing students with good scores. Otherwise, it sin't very difficult for an Engineering student to crack GRE.
  • Nima Ambhurkar
    Nima Ambhurkar
    One more query. What would be the appropriate time to give the exam? Should I wait till graduation or go for the exam before that?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Take the exam before you graduate. The best time to take the exam would be the period when you don't have any college/university exams lined up and have at least 1 month of stree/load free time before the exam date. Also, make sure that you apply well in advance to get the center and date of your choice.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Few suggestions from my side:
    I heard that in GRE exam there will be many questions on Data sufficiency , so the answer for those kind of questions would be Data not sufficient. Learning this is a bit difficult in self study because we mostly try to solve the problem rather thinking out of box! So the training institutes train on these things which helps!
    Next , they teach many short cuts which are tough to remember and WASTE to remember too!
    Practice will help rather than remembering all the short cuts!!

Next regarding the date , as Biggie said plan in well and take your time for preparation since score is valid for 5 years , give a best attempt.

I even heard that applying early to colleges have more chances to get Aid's and seat!!
  • limestone7000
    limestone7000
    i have learnt one thing in my 'coaching classes' life!
    they only show us the direction, but we have to take efforts of moving towards our goal!
    😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Have a look at following video captured with the Vision Research's Phantom Flex, which captures 1080p images at up to 2,800fps -- with 1000 ISO sensitivity -- and can shoot...
Adept claims to have produced the world's fastest industrial robot, Quattro 😀 The following video demos shows Quattro's ability to pick and place with a WII remote powered platform. The...
hi every1 iam doin M.tech in digital elex.have to choose my topic for project in the field of VHDL.plzz suggest me few topics.my id is
can anyone send seminar topic related to design with details of it
guys who can give me a good java project topic.... i'm having just 5 month to do it........thanks guys:smile: