Cloud Computing Or Android - Which One To Choose For Engineering Project?

i need a suggestions, to choose a proper platform for doing my project work.
cloud computing or android?
and wanna know more about cloud computing!

Replies

• tanvisharma
    tanvisharma
    cloud computing is "delivery of service as a service rather than a product, where by shared resources,software, and information are provided to computers and other devices as a utility over a network (internet).
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    'Cloud Computing' or 'Android' are too big topics to be your final/third year project. You will first have to find out what you're planning to do. I'm not sure what you want to do related to cloud computing, but you might think of developing an app for Android or simply extend android's built-in functionality or security.
  • tanvisharma
    tanvisharma
    The_Big_K
    'Cloud Computing' or 'Android' are too big topics to be your final/third year project. You will first have to find out what you're planning to do. I'm not sure what you want to do related to cloud computing, but you might think of developing an app for Android or simply extend android's built-in functionality or security.
    yeah we have not yet decided about what to do..
    college management has given us few platforms to choose, so cloud computing is one among those, and android also...
    so what would be a better platform??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    tanvisharma
    yeah we have not yet decided about what to do..
    college management has given us few platforms to choose, so cloud computing is one among those, and android also...
    so what would be a better platform??
    You know that the college management has absolutely no clue what Cloud Computing and Android mean ๐Ÿ˜€ . Else they'd not give you such a generic idea to develop your projects. First of all, 'Cloud Computing' and 'Android' cannot be compared; because these are two entirely different entities. Cloud computing is more of a 'technology' and Android is a mobile operating system. While both are 'platforms' in their own right, we can't compare them.

First dig out information about Android and cloud computing and pick up one. There can't be choice between them. Share your findings with us so that we know you're actually putting in some time to learn and discover information.
  • tanvisharma
    tanvisharma
    The_Big_K
    You know that the college management has absolutely no clue what Cloud Computing and Android mean ๐Ÿ˜€ . Else they'd not give you such a generic idea to develop your projects. First of all, 'Cloud Computing' and 'Android' cannot be compared; because these are two entirely different entities. Cloud computing is more of a 'technology' and Android is a mobile operating system. While both are 'platforms' in their own right, we can't compare them.

First dig out information about Android and cloud computing and pick up one. There can't be choice between them. Share your findings with us so that we know you're actually putting in some time to learn and discover information.
    thank you!!๐Ÿ˜€
  • tanvisharma
    tanvisharma
    The_Big_K

is there any thread related to cloud computing, and android?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    tanvisharma
    is there any thread related to cloud computing, and android?
    Several of them. Just search using the search functionality.
  • tanvisharma
    tanvisharma
    The_Big_K
    Several of them. Just search using the search functionality.
    thank you!!
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    If you want to work in your project, Android.

If you want a fashionable project, "Cloud Computing" . Its architecture is so complex that you cant understand it!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rupam Das
    If you want a fashionable project, "Cloud Computing" . Its architecture is so complex that you cant understand it!
    That's true to some extent; but if their team gathers enough information - they can do something. I think their team needs to understand what cloud computing is.

College lecturers these days are totally clueless about the latest in technology. Cloud computing used to be a buzzword 3 years ago ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    In my opinion dear K, Understanding the APIs and how cloud works and the PAAS and SAAS is way too much for BE students. Architecture based projects are better left for "future work" ๐Ÿ˜€
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    For students who are less interested in technology stuff and want to devote more time to study, programing an app for android is a preferred choice. Anything decent level app can be considered as a project.

Cloud computing is not difficult, rather its new and it wouldnt be surprising if lecturers have no idea about them. (Years before they didnt have idea about Java, some of them still dont). However saying this, there are few lecturers who could be interested in cloud computing, in that case give cloud computing a shot.

If you choose android app, then I would suggest you to make anything which you want in your phone. Say bus routes in your city,locality, money manager and calculator, expense manager, where in you provide it with your monthly salary(pocket money) and it subtracts your expenses with cause and at end of the month it gives you an statement of your expenses if there are savings then it will print that amout and so on... these are pretty simple ones, try adding ideas and make it more sophisticated.
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Rupam Das
    In my opinion dear K, Understanding the APIs and how cloud works and the PAAS and SAAS is way too much for BE students. Architecture based projects are better left for "future work" ๐Ÿ˜€
    This is what happening in Almost all the Engineering colleges. Why don't we take an initiative to change this thing ?
    we can inspire the undergraduates to take up new projects and guide them to do innovative things. I am watching your threads since so many days. You are really awesome rupam.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    K!r@nS!ngu
    This is what happening in Almost all the Engineering colleges. Why don't we take an initiative to change this thing ?
    we can inspire the undergraduates to take up new projects and guide them to do innovative things. I am watching your threads since so many days. You are really awesome rupam.
    I'd put the blame on Industry. If the industry requires innovative engineers; then students will be forced to be innovative and do some extra thinking. I personally know how the industry recruits people (been there, done that).

Startups like us find it *very very* hard to find real talent.
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    The_Big_K
    I'd put the blame on Industry. If the industry requires innovative engineers; then students will be forced to be innovative and do some extra thinking. I personally know how the industry recruits people (been there, done that).

Startups like us find it *very very* hard to find real talent.
    Well Industries arent the only one to be blamed. To join any industry, minimum of 60% aggr(Mumbai University) is required. To achieve this target, students have to devote significant time to study ( previous years it was 55%). There isnt much time to explore out from busy schedule,which involves lot of time wasting works like assignment writing and journal completion.

Personally 'real talent' wouldnt exists without dedication.(Reference:) . Now its tough for majority of students to choose between technology and syllabus(There is huge difference as everybody knows). And a candidate is not allowed to sit for any placement aptitude/Post-Grad entrance exam if the aggregate is below 60%. So the main aim is to score minimum of 60%.So students feel that there is no hope for them in industry if they dont score 60%(This is common MISCONCEPTION)

In colleges, many lecturers are unaware of modern technology.Some of them dont even know the syllabus. ๐Ÿ˜”.Some of them are quiet frustrated with their pay or life or for many reasons, Some of them are plainly ignorant and uninterested.They would just take the lectures, write things on board and walk out of the class at end of the lecture.Some of them think they know everything, and arent willing to learn anything new(Over confident).

Now the remaining are the few who inspire us. They are termed as great teachers. They bond with students,learn new ideas,technologies,do some research work,willing to help students understand or in short they belong to category of 'crazy engineers'.
    But then there are very few techers which belongs to this category(I was lucky to be guided by one of them in final year.)

Few pointers that I can suggest to change the scenario:
    1)No 60% criterias.
    2)Organization of subjects.
    3)Mini projects every year right from FE.
    4)Compulsory Research for Teaching faculty.
    5)Specialization and optional subjects from second year onwards.(Related Mathematics part compulsory).
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Well said SC.

There should be assignments given to students on Technology every now and then. This way students will be more interested in doing the assignments and the teachers will have to update themselves to the latest technology. And then there should be a small weekly session between the teacher and students where they could only discuss about Technology.

And all the study assignments which include just plain writing material directly copied from some book or from someone else's write-up should be just banned. ๐Ÿ˜ก What a total waste of time!
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Fact

In none of the Interviews a dam is cared about what projects students are working into or have worked to. There is nothing call summer project, Nothing called Assignment Programs (I am talking about the majority!), Interviewers are only concerned with " Tell me where you want to see yourself after 5 years?"

Will somebody want to see himself as peon? Stupid education, stupid thinking and stupid utilization. "Final year project" is a hot seasonal business in india now where projects are sold for INR 2000. An average engineering student does not know proper C programming.

So I have stopped hitting my head. Last Quarter the BPO industry was displaced from top by Combodia and Philipins and the same thing is going to come to each sector. Where an Education is all about how much you can mug up and vomit in exams, nothing better is expected............................(can we please not argue here what would be better?)
  • cloudpath
    cloudpath
    i think its depend completely on your mode of Project because the both the platforms are very useful. cloud computing is big next thing in IT industry so i advice you to take cloud computing Platform.
  • shubhamsingasane
    shubhamsingasane
    i m interested in cloud computing. i know only what actually a cloud works . but how the projects under cloud works is not cleared yet, as not know any other live practical example rather than gmail..
    so please clear me that too and wanna have certain ideas for project in cloud computing for final year BE project.. please please suggest

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CGC TechFest 2K12 is organized by Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Mohali. Lots of technical and non technical events are being organized at the campus during 2012 Tech Fest. Participate in...
Concept of Introduction to Atmosphere in Environmental Air Pollution was explained by Prof. Mukesh Sharma, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Kanpur. Feel free to ask your questions and please contribute...
Concept of Air Pollution Systems in Environmental Air Pollution was explained by Prof. Mukesh Sharma, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Kanpur. Feel free to ask your questions and please contribute...
Concept of Air Pollution Standards in Environmental Air Pollution was explained by Prof. Mukesh Sharma, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Kanpur. Feel free to ask your questions and please contribute...
Concept of Types and Forms of Air Pollutants in Environmental Air Pollution was explained by Prof. Mukesh Sharma, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Kanpur. Feel free to ask your questions...