Clock problem 7 to 10

i think all have gone through this before...

Suppose a clock takes 7 second to strick 7. How long will the same clock take to strike 10?

Replies

• banu
    banu
    pls give a clue
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Banu - this one is simple. You don't need a clue! Try!
  • yudi
    yudi
    ya banu
    you just need to tickle your grey matterπŸ˜€
  • gauravtiwari89
    gauravtiwari89
    Id say 10807 seconds
    Am i right ??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gauravtiwari89
    Id say 10807 seconds
    Am i right ??
    Right or wrong comes second. How about posting your steps/approach?
  • gauravtiwari89
    gauravtiwari89
    Ok. Here goes..
    I assume the time is 6:59:53 (h:m:s)
    so 7 seconds to strike 7.
    Thus to Strike 10 it should take 3 hours and seven seconds
    coming to (60*60)*3 +7 =10807 😁
  • yudi
    yudi
    gauravtiwari89
    Ok. Here goes..
    I assume the time is 6:59:53 /*stricking 7'o clock at this time*/ (h:m:s)
    so 7 seconds to strike 7.
    Thus to Strike 10 it should take 3 hours and seven seconds
    coming to (60*60)*3 +7 =10807 😁

nice one but not done.
  • sonasathish
    sonasathish
    yudi
    i think all have gone through this before...

Suppose a clock takes 7 second to strick 7. How long will the same clock take to strike 10?
    U din mention that after 7 sec it gonna be 7 hrs or 35th min! SO i assumed that after 7 sec its gonna reach the number 7! For reaching 10 it needs another 15 sec which means totally it needs 15+7=22 sec to reach the 10!!!!!!!
  • rahul.mudaliar
    rahul.mudaliar
    I think what gaurav said is right i.e 10807sec.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    yudi,the problem is open to various interpretations. Is the real problem that? πŸ˜€
  • technospartan
    technospartan
    10.5 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yep, I'm with the 10 sec camp. My view is it is saying that it takes 7 seconds for the clock to chime 7 o'clock= 1 second a chime for each hour of the time. Therefore it will take 10 seconds for it to chime 10 o'clock based on the 1 second per hour chime speed.
  • yudi
    yudi
    gohm
    Yep, I'm with the 10 sec camp. My view is it is saying that it takes 7 seconds for the clock to chime 7 o'clock= 1 second a chime for each hour of the time. Therefore it will take 10 seconds for it to chime 10 o'clock based on the 1 second per hour chime speed.

hey gohm

your answer is the closest so far.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I believe all the working professionals should have a club of their own ! So, all working professionals - join in! Its for you! Say AYE!
Here's a nice song dedicated to all of you - 😁 [youtube]owK5tHjL0aE[/youtube] Enjoy ! 😁😁
could anyone suggest me some topics for paper presentation and help me by posting sum matter regarding dat...........???
Hello. My autistic son's overhead mobile DVD monitor dropped from the unit (locking nut vibrated out of the locking shaft) tearing apart the ribbon wire connector. Panasonic techs say they...
i just think if you are worried,vexed etc then just turn on the music and dance.that is the only thing that relaxes mind😁