Cleaning of Injection Moulding Machine

I just started work with a injection moulding machine and having problem in cleaning it.I first used red color polystyrene and then used transparent poly styrene, but due to previous red color, lot of raw material got wasted.So can anybody help me to find the cleaning of barrels and nozzles? How can I remove the already used raw material and start with a new raw material without wasting it?

waiting for the reply 😀

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Try to use recycled plastics for cleaning. Will work out cheaper. You can sell it back to the recyclers for further recycling.
    However, there is no quick fix. You have further problems if the product is for food contact or medical application. The out put may have to comply with RoHS and REACH specifications.
  • saptm
    saptm
    Thanks for your reply sir but is there any chemical available by which we can clean the barrels and nozzles and then use any other material for manufacturing without getting any kind of contamination of previous plastic.
  • Deepak Waghmare
    Deepak Waghmare
    Dear Saptm...
    You can use the PP material at less speed and moderate injection pressure for cleaning it will perform much better and will reduce the material required.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This instructable gives circuit for a pre amplifier that increases the versatality of available smart phone oscilloscope apps. The circuit is only the preamp. It is said to be compatible...
Hi ... am revathi, i completed my B.Tech (ECE) in St.Peter's Engineering College,hyderabad with an aggregate of 77.01%. Well coming to my hobbies... i play puzzle games,sudoku and all indoor...
Can somebody explain me the differnc ebetween intensive and extensive property?
Check this out people are expressing anger on Google+ and Twitter through #BoycottApple Google + articles tagged with #BoycottApple Twitter articles tagged with #BoycottApple I like this photo.. what you...
I have completed my engineering in computer scince in 2012