Chromebook Pixel : Launched.

Last week was one hella crazy 7 days,
- #-Link-Snipped-#
- #-Link-Snipped-#
- #-Link-Snipped-#
- #-Link-Snipped-#
- #-Link-Snipped-#

Google revealed the upcoming Chromebook Pixel in their #-Link-Snipped-# which is a high-end chromebook using Cloud based Chrome OS.

Specifications :
- Intel Core i5 1.80 GHz (Dual Core) processor.
- 12.85" Screen.
- 2570x1700 Pixels Screen.
- 32GB or 64 GB Storage.
- Touch enabled Display (But ChromeOS isn't touch optimized)

The hottest part of this device is the display : 12.85" screen with 2570x1700 pixels which means 239 PPI !
but, something that surprises me is that the screen ain't widescreen, 2570/1700=1.511 (which means 3:2 - good for web-browsing though)

One dope feature is that, Chromebook is hack-able & you can run Linux distributions & Windows 7 without a slight problem.

Most Linux users prefer Macbook Pro which has 227 PPI screen, seems like one more alternative for 'em.
however, Macbook Pro has widescreen, I guess - so Chromebook fails in this sector.
Overall, a good product by Google. 👍

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, Google's clearly targeting the Macbook Pro lineup with their Pixel machines. But the OS ships with Chrome, which is still not a full fledged operating system and at the best can be used for accessing services that are available online (correct me if I'm wrong).

If my guess is right, the Pixel will cost not less than Rs. 60k in India (I think it'd be priced around Rs. 75k) and I wonder how many people would really be interested in spending that amount in getting a laptop with better display?

If you wish to install Windows on it - you'll have to spend more bucks. I'm not sure why'd Google want to make a pricey machine? Maybe they're eyeing a premium market. I don't see anything drool-worthy in Pixel though.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys, my friend is basically a mechanical engineer. Now he is into a textile industry, please recommend a source(weblink, books, videos etc) , so that he can get through...
Hello Everyone! I would like to have some help and support from you guys in calculating a few parameters regarding centrifugal fan in aspiration system. Your help will be highly...
Flipkar is offering some of selected albums from all geners to download MP3 for fee.😁 Get here a legal copy of yours. This is amazing offer and some of the...
How to apply input:230V,1phase AC to a transformer in proteus simulation?
someone can give me some ideas for my thermodynamics project? i tried to do an air conditioner and a stirling motor, but the teacher refused these two projects. now i...