CHP feasibility study

Hey guys, was wondering if you could give me some advice on the following :
I want to install a chp machine to power a known intraday load profile. How do I pick which is the best sized generator to power my electric load since I will have the economic benefit of exporting to the grid. So how do I balance installed capacity with pricing ?
Apart from my electric : thermal ratio how do I bring the thermal bit into the equation?

Thanks

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, Nice to see the fellow engineers hanging out here. Looking forward to interact with quite a few amongst you!!!!!
In a dilemma about exactly how tubes are stuffed in a multi baffle plate heat exchanger. The half plate baffles are already stitch welded on inside of exchanger pipe. With...
I posted this in Chemical Engineering section but might be more appropriate here. In a dilemma about exactly how tubes are stuffed in a multi baffle plate heat exchanger. The...
The results of sectional-3D FEA on a Thrust Runner of the Thrust Bearing in a Pump shows that the Runner "bows" under the thrust load. The axial displacement of the...
Hello everybody, I'm new here, have visited on several occasions and lurked in an effort to learn - but this is my first time posting. I'm an engineering student working...