Chirkeyskaya Hydropower Plant

So I come across another interesting G+ post.​
Chirkeyskaya, Russia's largest hydroelectric dam.
chirkeyskaya-hydropower-plant-russia-1-small
Chirkeyskaya hydroelectric plants are located in the Republic of Dagestan Sulak River. North Caucasus it is the largest hydroelectric power plant, Russia's highest arch dam. It is built into a narrow gorge Chirkeyskiy. The capacity of the station is 1000 MW; average annual output 2.47 billion kilowatt hours.

The #-Link-Snipped-#:
OAO RusHydro started operations of the 250 MW Unit 4 at the Chirkeyskaya hydropower project (HPP) after repairs, novostienergetiki.ru reported. Located in Dagestan, Russia, repairs for the project include installation of power transformer, reconstruction of the turbine cover holder, and rollout of the impeller and the rotor. The company took eight months to carry out the repairs.
RusHydro said, "The total cost of the repairs funded with the money coming from the overhaul program of the retrofitting, reconstruction and development for 2011 comprised 49.9 million rubles."

Replies

• Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    sda asd dfsfa
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Can someone throw light on this Hydrotechnical construction? 😀
    That would be great.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Interesting. Heard the name 'Hydrotechnical Construction' for the first time.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Even I had never heard the term before, came across it while reading about this HPP.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ever thought of coding Human brain? Not exactly by Scientists at University of Southampton are trying to understand how brain codes sound! Amazing, ain't it? They have developed a Brain...
This is one of fascinating place and a must visit when you travel to China.​ ​The Hanging Temple (not really hanging but looks like hanging when you look at far...
well m thinking of preparing an humanoid robot or a simple autonomous robot using zigbee and controlling the data through and feeding of robot through cloud computing, i want to...
What is the difference between ERD and Class Diasgram...??
Metso is a global supplier of sustainable technology and services for mining, construction, power generation, automation, recycling and the pulp and paper industries. Our 29,000 employees in more than 50...