China Blocks Gmail

The Google Vs. China war is heating up. Google recently accused Chinese officials for banning access to company's popular email service 'Gmail', making it difficult for Chinese Internet users to use Gmail.

Google confirmed that they've performed several checks to find out any faults with their own system. The experts & analysts believe that Chinese government must be intentionally blocking Gmail to maintain control over the service and also sensor the data.

Chinese officials have not responded to any press calls made to them regarding the issue. It's also being said that the government began putting restrictions on Google's services after the search giant removed their office from China. Google has accused China of multiple attacks on their networks by Chinese hackers.

Do you think the stance taken by Chinese officials is justified?

Replies

• sau
    sau
    I think this is insane. If the China officials have banned just because Google moved out its office, then this may be called as a childish act. Man people must be having their important data in their email accounts. They must be totally handicap now.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    It cant be justified. You cant block any mail service just because they remove office from your country. What about Chinese people who work with Gmail accounts?? Govt should think about the citizens before showing this type of foolishness.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I support the Chinese side. China is a communist country. Chinese Government has every right to decide what is good for its people. China does not want external forces to dominate the Chinese civilized society, the result being the 'Chinese Firewall'. I believe China is only trying to secure its people from external ideology. Google can very easily provide an access to external world. I support Chinese stance. I think that the move is justified.
  • Varsha0802
    Varsha0802
    But don't you think it's dictatorship? I think China fears a revolution like that happening in Libya, that's why its trying to curb social network.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I agree with varsha.....you can stop them contacting to external world, but what about their thinking, no one can control it and it will finally end up in a revolution.
  • sau
    sau
    I do not agree with ishu. Just because you are empowered with some rights does not mean that you will start using them anyway. But i do not agree with varsha too. The growth and development in China is remarkable in last few years and so i do not think people there would really be thinking of doing such rebellion activities (provided Chinese govt does not continue with such foolishness furthermore).
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I agree with you all. But I think we are forgetting one thing. I also think that China has dictatorship but People have themselves chosen it. So they love their Government. Why will people go against their own decision?
    However We cannot tell what goes in hearts of fellow Chinese because we are sitting far away. A possibility of Uprising cannot be ruled out (See what happened to poor Liu Xiaobo). But this uprising is only of a few people and not majority.

I think majority of Chinese support their Government's decision. And we have no way but accept it too!
    I mean I not criticizing anyone but I am just trying to give a direction to this discussion.

What say?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Infosys founders top the list of richest techies in India. Starting with N.R. Narayan Murthy with a net worth $2 billion the other founders and their net worth is -...
'A' begins business with a capital of Rs. 800. After 4 months he takes in 'B' with a certain capital. 8 months after this, it is found that the total...
Two clocks begin to strike 8 together. one of them finises in 14 seconds and the other in 10.5 seconds. What is the interval between their fifth strokes? 1) 1...
Hey CEans, I want to learn coding for websites. I often wonder how coding for orkut, facebook was done,which languages are used ? All these things really surprise me.So please...
These days bsnl is undergoing some changes in their system so that's why many of the users who are currently using internet services of BSNL are receiving huge bills for...