Cheaper / Free Ways To Get Publicity For Your Startups

This thread aims to discuss ways of getting free / cheap publicity for your startup companies. Usually, startups find it really hard to get the media to write about them. You need something sensational or 'newsworthy' so that the traditional print media (newspapers, magazines) takes a note of your business. Popular blogs won't care about you because you've just launched and have nothing to demo.

On the other hand, you may have a working prototype which you can demo at conferences.

I welcome all the various ways to get free publicity for your startup.

Replies

• RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    An attractive sound slogan would be a good choice, which should be publicised .
    1)Influence those who have influence on others, ie mouth publicity.
    2)Hosting free website at #-Link-Snipped-#
  • barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    hi
    i believe that instead of wasting much on own websites.. it is better to advertise on various online free classifieds as these classified's search engine is optimised for googl page rankand these optimizations will help promote startup's product also. if we make our own sites, tehn we have to invest in SEO coding...
    Also 1 page sites in facebook will attract more viewers and clicks..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The patents system has its own merits and demerits. This debate is about the effect of the patents on the overall ecosystem of innovation. Do you think patents encourage or...
Lyrics: Lyrics of Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman To really love a woman, to understand her You gotta know her deep inside Hear every thought, see every dream...
Hey ppl, congratulations! Tonight(30th June, 2012) we are going to get an extra second! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leap_second So, what are you going to do with this extra second....😉
hi all . . . need to submit a project on mathlab. can any one help me 😀
Intellect can be used to reinforce, not be the main component of the copy. Otherwise we feel like we are reading a reference book. How often do we make a...