Changes needed in education style in India

Hello CEans,

Myself and most of Engineers have a thought about the changes in the education system in India. Am I right CEans?

Post your views or ideas here, that can be implemented in education system.

Perhaps, One of the CEans may change the education system at one time in future. These ideas will be helpful at that time 😉

Thanks & Regards

MS_CS

Replies

• Differential
    Differential
    Attracting Quality Teachers -
    1) by giving them more salary
    2) Selection of teachers via competitive entrance test.

Giving more weightage to arts, sports, health education, traditional skills, value education, languages. (We have lot of focus given to science and technology.)

Students should be encouraged to practice what they like to do and what they are good in. They should be taught to think and not to mugg up. Their new ideas should be honoured and respected and students should be given freedom to implement them.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    You are very correct Differential.These changes are needed.

IIT,and Standford etc., the best universities. What type of education system they have that the other universities lagging..?
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Other CEans post your suggestions...
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    One suggestion: methods should be implemented to find out the talented students and should be encouraged.
  • Differential
    Differential
    ms_cs
    One suggestion: methods should be implemented to find out the talented students and should be encouraged.
    I disagree.

Everyone has some kind of talent in some or the other area. One should encourage all students to go ahead in areas they like. One should provide freedom to students to choose their area of interest and provide necessary facilities to work on it.

Identifying "so called talented" people and giving special treatment to them will discourage others. This is what currently happening all over.

What do you say?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    We should have a change in our system.
    Students study for marks not subject , parents also want thier kids to get good marks and then good job etc etc ... but they are not learning the subject they simply mug up everything.

If a student gets 90 marks in some subject , its good but parents insists for 99 or 100 not concentrating on the subject ,thus students from childhood end up mugging up everything .
    They dont learn the origin of formulae they byheart it .
    So the expectations should change, the grading system should contain a practical course and practical exam and students should be allowed to put thier learning in practice and marks should be awarded such that they get good knowledge and they understand what actually subject is !!!
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Differential
    I disagree.

Everyone has some kind of talent in some or the other area. One should encourage all students to go ahead in areas they like. One should provide freedom to students to choose their area of interest and provide necessary facilities to work on it.

Identifying "so called talented" people and giving special treatment to them will discourage others. This is what currently happening all over.

What do you say?
    Completely agree with each and every word of yours.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Excellent article ms_cs , It is high time change is needed in the education system in India.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    English-Scared
    Excellent article ms_cs , It is high time change is needed in the education system in India.
    Thank you ES !

the grading system should contain a practical course and practical exam and students should be allowed to put thier learning in practice and marks should be awarded such that they get good knowledge and they understand what actually subject is !!!
    Yes. Whether the current practical examination conducted by universities is really knowledgeable ? It is not good .

I heard that japan peoples are good at embedded systems,robotics..etc.,. They are working , while studying . I think , this makes them having more practical knowledge. We should have such a practical systems.

I disagree.

What do you say?
    Yes.But, some peoples not even care about anything in their school and college days. That's why I told that, Talented peoples should be identified.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Hey guys check this link..
    It shows how our people use Internet , we need to educate people on Effective usage of internet as well.

Check this link and let us know your comments on this ..

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    English-Scared
    Hey guys check this link..
    It shows how our people use Internet , we need to educate people on Effective usage of internet as well.

Check this link and let us know your comments on this ..

#-Link-Snipped-#
    DON̢۪T COPY: The Internet can be a very useful tool for students doing academic work, but with plagiarism becoming a trend, there are serious concerns.....

Nice article ES.Awareness is needed here Indeed, among the Indian students.
    As ES said, they should be educated about Effective usage of internet.
  • Differential
    Differential
    shalini_goel14
    Completely agree with each and every word of yours.
    I appreciate that. 😀

Yes.But, some peoples not even care about anything in their school and college days. That's why I told that, Talented peoples should be identified.
    As I said, this happens because current education system doesn't offer what students want. It's a failure of edu. system and not students. First of all we have to revisit the definition of education system. It surely isn't something which teaches only science or technology.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    @Diff: I dont agree with you completely.
    Yes the education system is not good thats correct.
    So how many student engineers in colleges are asking for projects?
    Well coming to my college project it was a real fun..
    I have searched 3 projects ideas worked on it designed circuit etc etc for 3 projects and atlast when i went to my Guide usually we have in college to have a look she said i am not understanding anything as i dont know this subject a lot ( i have done using Microcontrollers and stepper motor)
    she said to put her project as ours.

See i am not blaming her ignorance, but if she had supported me i would have completed that project , you also have to observe that i didnt take a risk of doing it without a guide, here we are lagging.
    Firstly in other countries mentors will support the innovation and even if they dont, students work alone on those as they have a very good exposure.

So the exposure we need to create to people here is a very small thing but a tuff one ofcourse thats thinking on their own..
  • Differential
    Differential
    So how many student engineers in colleges are asking for projects?
    Probably, they were never born to become engineers. They might had something else in them.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • safwan
    safwan
    If we cahnge education system at beginig level then sourly its gona be change at higher level so talking about CBSE. (central Board of Secondary Education) etc. if we see indian education is old system where exactly some one in upper post has written that parents require marks not praticle ,students just mugup and indeed indian education is spoon feeding . 😀
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ms_cs
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Good read . I guess these Scientists and Researchers should appoint those college students free of cost who seek good institutions for trainings. Situation may improve. 😀
  • ashutoshglamour
    ashutoshglamour
    cent percent fact,i fully agree on it.
    I m not saying india's worst teching style but it can be say poor.
    Here to judge the student's talent has only one parameter i.e pecentage in board exam.Sometimes it failed.our education should be allround developer.It should be based on creative rather than mugging.Practical or visualize edu should be promoted.
    CREATIVE IDEAS MAKES YOU GENIUS RELATIVE
  • tech_vaibhav_ee
    tech_vaibhav_ee
    one more thing required is flexibility in our education system...at the tym we join college,most of us are not aware about various branches..for eg. in engineering it is a trend to go for c.s first,then electronics and then mech. or electrical...it is when we actually stay in the college for 1-2 years ,we realize what our actual interest are..but by that tym , its too late...
    so what i suggest is that instead of making someone select a particular branch .. they should be made to choose subjects...this way a student can shape up his career in a better way and may go in the field of his actual interest...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Well guys here is a thread need ideas situations etc etc where positive thinking helps. This thread is started for the following resons i faced , Many of my friends...
Brain Blaster : Puzzle 1 ->>>>> This is the famous water jug puzzle of the movie Die Hard 2, but CEans are not for solving such old & easy puzzles....
I am interested in embedded system.I am just a beginner .Can u suggest me a book or from where to begin from
We all have seen the movie, and we also know about the anagram of word. So here I am starting a interesting puzzle based on word anagram. You will be...
Hi ,, i need some help in my home work .. any help will be appreciated.. Assume that a queue of objects is implemented by an array of size N...