Chanakya's Golden Quotes

Chanakya was a great strategist, statesman and and a wise professor at Dhakshashil.
A small necklace of a few pearls of wisdom from the great man:
[​IMG]

"A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and Honest people are screwed first."
"Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous."
"The biggest guru-mantra is: Never share your secrets with anybody! It will destroy you."
"There is some self-interest behind every friendship. There is no friendship without self-interest. This is a bitter truth."
"Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions - Why am I doing it, what might be the results and Will I be successful? Only after you think deeply and find satisfactory answers to these questions, go ahead."
"As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it."
"Once you start a working on something, don't be afraid of failure and don't abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest."
"The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all direction."
"A man is great by deeds, not by birth."
"Treat your kid like a darling for the first five years. For the next five years, scold them. By the time they turn sixteen, treat them like a friend. Your grown up children are your best friends."
"Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a blind person."
"Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats beauty and youth."

Replies

• manishks
    manishks
    Awesome sir πŸ˜€
    My favourite is
    ''even if snake is not poisonous it should pretend to be venomous''
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    manishks
    Awesome sir πŸ˜€
    My favourite is
    ''even if snake is not poisonous it should pretend to be venomous''
    So is it mine. Very correct, especially in today's context.
  • manishks
    manishks
    bioramani
    So is it mine. Very correct, especially in today's context.
    There are times when one will feel less knowledgeble and thus ''weak''. But one should not pretend to be weak!! Be confident because you might be knowing something which other person might not be knowing even if he/she is more knowledgeble! πŸ˜€(this is what i could make out after reading those lines πŸ˜€ )
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    manishks
    There are times when one will feel less knowledgeble and thus ''weak''. But one should not pretend to be weak!! Be confident because you might be knowing something which other person might not be knowing even if he/she is more knowledgeble! πŸ˜€(this is i could make out after reading those lines πŸ˜€ )
    A great teacher is one who can teach us long after he is physically gone.
  • manishks
    manishks
    bioramani
    A great teacher is one who can teach us long after he is physically gone.
    Very true πŸ˜€
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    "Once you start a working on something, don't be afraid of failure and don't abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest."
    πŸ‘
    His words are timeless.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    #-Link-Snipped-# sir, Spell error. He was a professor at Takshashila (Taxila).

Indeed he took the world at storm during his day!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Issue
    #-Link-Snipped-# sir, Spell error. He was a professor at Takshashila (Taxila). Indeed he took the world at storm during his day!
    Right you are, Issue. But then, I am no Kautilya either.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    bioramani
    Right you are, Issue. But then, I am no Kautilya either.
    You don't need to be chanakya. You are our Prof. Ramani πŸ‘
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    "Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a blind person."
    So true. πŸ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    [​IMG]
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    My favorite one is "Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats beauty and youth."
    In present time people treats smart person in a better way than ugly one but only education is the only weapon by which we can change our fate.
  • bharathi shekar
    bharathi shekar
    manishks
    There are times when one will feel less knowledgeble and thus ''weak''. But one should not pretend to be weak!! Be confident because you might be knowing something which other person might not be knowing even if he/she is more knowledgeble! πŸ˜€(this is what i could make out after reading those lines πŸ˜€ )
    truly inspirating....πŸ˜€
  • bharathi shekar
    bharathi shekar
    bioramani
    Chanakya was a great strategist, statesman and and a wise professor at Dhakshashil.
    A small necklace of a few pearls of wisdom from the great man:
    [​IMG]

"A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and Honest people are screwed first."
    "Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous."
    "The biggest guru-mantra is: Never share your secrets with anybody! It will destroy you."
    "There is some self-interest behind every friendship. There is no friendship without self-interest. This is a bitter truth."
    "Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions - Why am I doing it, what might be the results and Will I be successful? Only after you think deeply and find satisfactory answers to these questions, go ahead."
    "The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all direction."
    "A man is great by deeds, not by birth."
    "Treat your kid like a darling for the first five years. For the next five years, scold them. By the time they turn sixteen, treat them like a friend. Your grown up children are your best friends."
    "Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats beauty and youth."
    very nice advices for life sir...thanks for posting such a doc..πŸ˜€
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    'The biggest guru-mantra is: Never share your secrets with anybody! It will destroy you.'
    this is the mantra, my brother always insist me to do. but i don't follow itπŸ˜”

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm Miky, I'm working for 5 years as a structure eng. in Israel
Very Inspiring...​ ​​ A picture began circulating in November. It should be "The Picture of the Year," or perhaps, "Picture of the Decade." It won't be. In fact, unless you...
Hi my name is Alex Cordova. I am a freshman in college studying electrical engineering technology at Purdue Calumet. I am an amatuer mma fighter. In my free time i...
Hi , I am doing my 3rd year , B.E , Electronics and Communication . I am applying for TI Analog Design Contest 2012 . I searched everywhere to find...
I’ve seen some engineers rely on their tech supporters too much to ask some very simple questions, such as does the 2012 version will be uninstalled if I install the...