CFBC Boilers at super critical pressure

With advent of CFBC Boilers , a new page is opened in power generation.What is maximum rating of a CFBC boiler & Turbo-alternator presently operative in the world?😉

Replies

• ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    what is CFBC boiler?? will you please explain it??😐
  • akpower
    akpower
    CFBC boiler are Circulating Fluidized Bed Combustion Boilers.The difference is fuel i.e. coal is burned in fluidized state. Earlier boilers had a static or rotating grate over which coal in lump size (50mm to 250mm ) was burned. Subequently, in pulverised boilers, coal was crushed to powder ( -70 mesh) & burned in suspended form. However in recent technique, coarser particles of coal (6 to 8 mm size) are burned in a bed of hot sand(2mm size) & lime (to reduce sulphur products)in fluidized state.The total mixture of bed material & ash is fluid in nature i.e. it flows like a fluid & ash is discharged outside furnace. I think I have cleared the idea.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone, i am a final year electrical engineering student and new to CE-forums regards
Paradigm2k11 is a technical symposium conducted by the Association of Computer Engineers, SSN College of Engineering. This year Paradigm is entering into its eight edition and so far the journey...
Hey dude out der ... i need some help from you...if u offer me some gud tips... m doing a project on video steganography... plzz... wil be a great thnkful...
what are the latest seminor topics in computer science
Hi everyone. Need your suggestion on the conference fest name. I'm unable to make a cool and unique name. Could you please help in making one? It's a techinal conference...