Certifications Like SCJP - For 3rd Year Engineering Student?

i'm in my third year of engineering!

what all certifications should i have?
i have the SCJP with me!
what else?

Replies

• neoanderson
    neoanderson
    anyone???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    neoanderson
    anyone???
    Don't expect a reply within a minute, friend ๐Ÿ˜€ .

You already have SCJP and I believe that's more than enough for you to fetch a job. Instead of certifications, why don't you start investing your time preparing for aptitude tests and making sure that you are confident of cracking interviews? That would require you to have a very strong base in Engineering subjects.

Because if you aren't very thorough with your engineering subjects - no amount of certifications will help.
  • neoanderson
    neoanderson
    mate!
    I am confident i can crack the interviews!

i need certifications.!
    and i want to know which ones will come to be of use.!

if you can educate me on this, i'll be obliged! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    If you want to do more certification then go for Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE 6 Web Component Developer
    It will add to your knowledge and vertical expertise in java field.

neoanderson
    I am confident i can crack the interviews!
    Quick question: Which is platform independent Java Development Kit, Java Runtime Environment, Java Virtual Machine?
    If you know the answer, I am sure you have strong basics of java๐Ÿ‘.
  • neoanderson
    neoanderson
    anyone??
  • Indrajeet Roy
    Indrajeet Roy
    #-Link-Snipped-#: I believe the answer is the Java Virtual Machine! I have had some training in JAVA Programming in my BCA course๐Ÿ˜ . My love, though is VB.Net. Very easy to make applications in it using Visual Studio 2010!! Can't use the 2012 version though, not compatible with my WinXP system. ๐Ÿ˜” I'm saving up to buy a laptop though, one of those that have a huge amount of HDD space, RAM, and cache memory!!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Indrajeet Roy
    #-Link-Snipped-#: I believe the answer is the Java Virtual Machine! I have had some training in JAVA Programming in my BCA course๐Ÿ˜ .
    How do you invoke jvm on windows....
    Isn't it C:/java .. which is basically run java.exe from bin directory.
    So JVM can't be platform independent, right๐Ÿ˜€
  • manishks
    manishks
    ianoop
    How do you invoke jvm on windows....
    Isn't it C:/java .. which is basically run java.exe from bin directory.
    So JVM can't be platform independent, right๐Ÿ˜€
    After a java program is compiled a byte code is produced. Now to run this byte code we need jvm. We dont need to carry source code of a java program when we change a platform. Only thing we need is that byte code and a jvm to run it. Hence i think it is platform independent! We can run byte code on any os using jvm without being concerned with source program!
    Correct me if i am wrong! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    manishks
    After a java program is compiled a byte code is produced. Now to run this byte code we need jvm. We dont need to carry source code of a java program when we change a platform. Only thing we need is that byte code and a jvm to run it. Hence i think it is platform independent! We can run byte code on any os using jvm without being concerned with source program!
    Correct me if i am wrong! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Yes, the byte code (.class) file we can compile at any system and run at any system. but JVM is environment in which .class files run and that implemented by different way on different platforms. On windows its java.exe while on linux its java.sh.
    Understand by this way.... you can create text file ABC.txt on windows using notepad.exe but does this notepad.exe will work on Linux OS, No. There is different text editor implementation on different platform.
  • manishks
    manishks
    oh! I googled. Its only bytecode which is platform independent but jvm depends on os!!
    So jvm is platform dependent. Jre provides jit(just in time) compiler. Is it platform independent? I dont know much about it! Whats the answer to your question? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Indrajeet Roy
    Indrajeet Roy
    No, the JIT is a part of the JVM, and as it has already been proved that JVM is platform dependent, it implies that JIT is also platform dependent. It is the result of the JIT ( the bytecode ) that is platform independent
  • manishks
    manishks
    ok..but one correction friend ๐Ÿ˜€ result of jit is not bytecode but the specific machine code. Jit is needed during runtime when it converts a particular segment of bytecode in machine code which can be understood by processor! Its basically dynamic compilation by jit.!
    Correct me if i am wrong ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Indrajeet Roy
    Indrajeet Roy
    No I think you're right, though I never thought of it that way. Man I wish you were our teacher for JAVA in college!! I actually understood that!!
  • Anand EPL
    Anand EPL
    neoanderson
    i'm in my third year of engineering!

what all certifications should i have?
    i have the SCJP with me!
    what else?
    anderson,

You finished SCJP , so you have the chances to take the following exams,

Web Component Developer
    Web Service Developer
    Business Component Developer and
    Mobile Application Developer

You want to choose your path, which one is match to your carrier.

After decide dont waste your time with dumps,
    Dumps choosing is not a good way for java professionals, it may increase your percentage other than this there no use to your carrier with this dumps.
    Here i tell you a Software book for any of the java certification, try it with real mock exam experience and get good stuff in concepts.

Good Luck..,
  • Anand EPL
    Anand EPL
    Anand EPL
    anderson,

Here i tell you a Software book for any of the java certification, try it with real mock exam experience and get good stuff in concepts.

Good Luck..,
    Sorry for the inconvenience, i just forget to refer the software book name.

EPractize Labs Java Certification Training Lab is the software book, that includes complete study material for all Oracle's Java Certification Exams.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft has made it official that the next Windows, The Windows 8 will be released to the masses on October 26, 2012. Microsoft is betting big on the next version...
Walkman - the brand got synonymous with the personal music players. Sony's launched F800 - the Android powered walkman with a cool 3.5" display. Yeah, it's a touch screen and...
When I graduated (in 2003), IT was an established sector where engineers would rush to get jobs! Why? Because IT offered everything that people would just dream about and it...
i need seminar reports about piano key spill way for dams... help me plzz
It's not only the vision but a mission of not only Dr. APJ Kalam but of all the Indians who love their country and are ready to work for its...