CEoM September 2013 - Scoring Scheme Update

CEans,

Please note that the scoring for CEoM is bit different. Following are the main changes -

Minimum number of words a new thread should have to score 100 points: 100 [Earlier it was 50]
Minimum number of words a new reply should have to score 20 points: 50 [Earlier it was 20]
Each new like will fetch : 20 points [Earlier it was 5]
User vote points: 50 [Earlier it was 25]

Rest of the scoring scheme will remain same. That is -

Resource points: 50

Replies

• mail154
    mail154
    Good Update BigK . Especially User Vote Points
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    100 words?
    I dont think a technical discussion needs to be so big of 100 words.
    Its ok.We will try this month.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    A tech discussion can't be posted in such detail Unless the person has some sound idea about the topic

I Really like this new feature
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Well that is called making it tough and sporty. By the way, Are you interested about quality moderation on the posts? Negative points or something for spam threads? Negative points for approved negative report against threads?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We want the participants to do a thorough research or study before starting discussions. You can of course start new discussions without reaching the threshold.

Remember that there are more prizes this time.
  • Velshankar MJ
    Velshankar MJ
    I am unable to like any ones post. no symbol is visible also cant create a signature for mine no option available
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I am unable to see this month's ceom app.Please make sure we get it
  • mail154
    mail154
    Yes I Also Can't Get To See It..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Go to Apps -> Click On the Thumbnail besides description. It's been there since the launch of Apps.
  • ponajitha
    ponajitha
    i am new to CE.....i don't know how to use this account...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ponajitha
    i am new to CE.....i don't know how to use this account...
    Spend some time here and you will become familiar with this site quickly.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Many folks don't understand the difference between Agree, Like / informative.
    Those are different still, I feel that all three of them should win points to the participants. As all three means that he has contributed something to CE.

-CB
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Velshankar M
    I am unable to like any ones post. no symbol is visible also cant create a signature for mine no option available
    You will need a minimum of 15 posts to do all that mate
  • Velshankar MJ
    Velshankar MJ
    Conqueror
    You will need a minimum of 15 posts to do all that mate
    hmmmmm thank u
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Like this new scoring points. Looking forward to see some quality threads now in this month competition.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The new scoring scheme doesn't seem to be working as expected. Should we go back to the older scheme? What do you say, folks?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    CEOM event is fizzling out 👀
    No Quality threads. And Sadly, I forgot to apply for CEOM September 😭
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's not fizzling out yet. There's one simple question - is creating new discussions difficult? I mean is it difficult to come up with topics for discussions?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There's one simple question - is creating new discussions difficult? I mean is it difficult to come up with topics for discussions?
    Not really.
    But, Technical thread of a specific discipline will remain virgin as other discipline Engineers won't be able to answer.
    Also,Good general debate is rare.

I think this problem will persist forever.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's a different problem. I see a general decline in the interest in this months' participation, especially since we upgraded the thresholds.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's a different problem. I see a general decline in the interest in this months' participation, especially since we upgraded the thresholds.
    Never the thresholds increase the competition but exams and assessments keep most CEans out We are students and we have to be more aware of that
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    All the participants note: The scoring scheme has been revised -

Minimum words for new threads: 50
    Minimum words for new posts: 20

If you are facing issues with score updates. Please post here. Some of the CEans have informed that the scores aren't getting updated. Please make sure that you are matching the threadhold limits before the system updates the count.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Volvo is making a new step in diesel engine technology with their E family engine. These engines will be offered with different levels of turbo charging and may be used...
Transmission system-A brief intro and a doubt in it? Today I would like to give a small introduction on Transmission system .Ok first we can start with what are the...
Hey.. My college is conducting training session for two hours each week in which we can learn any of the three things mentioned above. Now, I want to know, which...
Postdoctoral fellows Jeong-Yun Sun and Christoph Keplinger of Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) have developed a gel-based transparent stretchable speaker that can produce sounds from the entire...
One of my friend has the problem of choosing a career between Testing in a outsourced product development company vs Development in services company.Please provide your valuable opinions in making...