CEoM Participants - A Note About Writing News

To all CEoM participants -

Many of you have been writing news articles in various technical / non-technical discussion forums. If you're writing a news items, we request you to keep your articles at least 200 words or more. We've observed that the news items that our VoiCE authors write in depth have their shorter-duplicate version already created. We've been removing shorter posts - which results into loss of efforts.

The best thing to do is avoid writing news items and if you want to report something, ensure that you write it with all the details. Instead, simply tip off the authors through post on their walls.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thank you so much for pointing this out. Sometimes we have to skip news items for VoiCE to avoid duplication of content. I hope CEoM participants will take notice of this.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    @#-Link-Snipped-# I would suggest you delete the thread which is already created and post something in Voice 😀

You know about 25 people from my bay (in office) goes through Voice everyday!! and they come to me or IM me and share their excitement about the news shared there!!

Its time that these followers will soon become Ceans.

I am working on that.😯
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    😀 Ditto in my office. They wonder how we appear in Google News.
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Delete which thread?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Delete the old thread.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The best thing to do is avoid writing news items and if you want to report something, ensure that you write it with all the details. Instead, simply tip off the authors through post on their walls.
    So, if CEans write the articles with decent English & with same effort as VoiCEans do, will it be appeared in VoiCE section ?
    I guess, NO! So what's the worth ? #N0_Offense.

Like I said before too, If any well written article by a CEan can get tagged under 'VoiCE' then CEans too will post threads with better, grammatical correct & legit content.
    In the end, it's upto You & Ankita to decide which one gets tagged with 'VoiCE' or not. So, why not give normal CEans chance too ?
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    agree and thumbs up toAbhishek rawal.So we want best threads from community to get evolved to voice articles.
    Can it happen in reality?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think I've said this multiple times. VoiCE is a 'special' section that is governed by Google News. Everything we publish there must follow certain guidelines and the authors are pre-identified. That said, if an article is really well written, we *may* consider it pushing out to VoiCE; but generally, the answer is no.

Most of the news items written by non VoiCE authors are casual ones and would not qualify to be VoiCE articles. At the same time, we want to avoid duplicate articles and more importance is given to VoiCE.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

While 2.7 billion of us have all the information we need on our fingertips, we tend to forget about the remaining 5 billion who have yet to gain access to...
Spice Mobiles, just like the other Indian smartphone manufacturers, is jumping into the cheap priced phone launch bandwagon and bringing to the market two new smartphones called - Spice Smart...
LG Display has always been bringing innovation and never seen before awesomeness to our screens. Now, it has come up with the world's first Quad HD AH-IPS LCD panel for...
Tapan Mittal, an electrical engineer from Delhi isn't happy with the way wireless chargers are designed to function. They require you to place your phone flat on the wireless charging...

pay

why do people always back on higher pays at initial stages??