CEO salaries, how much is too much?

Recession has hit the economy vey badly, however one thing is still inching towards peak. i.e. Pay packages of Top Management.

No matter companies are in profit of loss, Pay packages of top managements are going high and high only. I read a survey which tells that salaries of CEOs must be decided by shareholders. DO you think the same??

Even in the US exorbitant salaries of CEOs are being questioned, with President Barack Obama asking top management of companies to cut down on their salaries.

Whats your take on this?? Do you think that these high salaries of CEO's, top managements are justifiable??

-CB

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The salaries of the higher management in companies mostly depends on the business they make.

Its good if they reduce the percentage and increase the companies economic position.

Higher salaries are ok for them as they bring business where many people work, but there should be some limit and as per the current recession hit the salary should be reduced.

I heard recently saying the recession is gone but will come again in couple of years , so a planned approach should be made by all companies to sustain again..
  • bennie2k
    bennie2k
    Definitely agree with you @crazyboy, CEO and other high executives are paid too much. On the one hand, it's good if they continue to push the company forward and grow their employees. However, they lack value if they're just sitting around collecting a paycheck, much more than any engineer salary I've seen online. They should reduce their pay to less than an engineer and give them raises and bonuses in stock options -- which will make them put the company first. Just a thought...

Salary: Engineer (January, 2023) | Glassdoor
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    bennie2k
    Definitely agree with you @crazyboy, CEO and other high executives are paid too much. On the one hand, it's good if they continue to push the company forward and grow their employees. However, they lack value if they're just sitting around collecting a paycheck, much more than any engineer salary I've seen online. They should reduce their pay to less than an engineer and give them raises and bonuses in stock options -- which will make them put the company first. Just a thought...

Nice thoughts Ben, Welcome to CE.
  • bennie2k
    bennie2k
    Much appreciated, thanks for the welcome, @crazyboy.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mobiles sporting the latest release of the Windows Mobile operating system are now available for sale worldwide. Microsoft is also formally launching its application store, known as Windows Marketplace for...
Microsoft Corp said on Monday that passwords belonging to some users of its Hotmail email service were exposed on an Internet site, but had since been taken down. The company...
I have started a thread "CrazyBoy's VBScripting luctures" for the basic concept of VBScripting. While practicing the VBScripting or anytime if you face problem in executing the VBScripting code, please...
If we talk about scripting languages, we can not forget to speak about VBScripting. VBScripting is Microsoft's Visual Basic Scripting Edition, the newest member of the Visual Basic family of...
OK. Frankly I slept during 'Saawariya' ,and so was the next movie and this time around the name itself says that guy out there is a lazy butt. He looks...