CEans,What is your New Year's Resolution ?

Less than 36 hours left for New year dawn & I know some of you might've planned to do something,it maybe scoring good marks,achieving your goal,or working on your personal traits.It can be anything!

So CEans step up & share your New Year's Resolution here (if you don't mind).

I'll pickup the mic first -
My NYR is like :
- I will try to be humble & very helpful towards all fellow CEans.I know I am arrogant & I tend to go hard on every post,so umm... "Attitude adjustment" ๐Ÿ˜€
- Will learn Python & C in core alongwith my all EC subjects & develop a small python based game for linux.

Nothing else ๐Ÿ˜€

Your turn !

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    To be regular with morning Pranayaam & Gym in the afternoon. ๐Ÿ˜จ
  • pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    To be regular in studies along with Crazy engineers
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    I am going to create something new, innovative and useful. Not sure what it will be though ๐Ÿ˜’
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    - I am planning to concentrate solely on stuff related to betterment of knowledge in core stuffs and build a new design in security systems

- By year end launch Semi Conductor Solutions Inc. this is my dream
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    NYRs never stand the test of time. I never make any.
    In any case New year begins on different dates at different states in India and the East.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    bioramani
    NYRs never stand the test of time. I never make any.
    In any case New year begins on different dates at different states in India and the East.
    I beg to differ, sir. I decided to turn Vegetarian on January 1, 2004 and haven't touched non-veg food since then. There was only one exception that I accidentally ate chicken sandwich (just one bite). But with that exception, I'm a 100% veggie since then.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    I beg to differ, sir. I decided to turn Vegetarian on January 1, 2004 and haven't touched non-veg food since then. There was only one exception that I accidentally ate chicken sandwich (just one bite). But with that exception, I'm a 100% veggie since then.
    You would have done the very same thing if you took that decision on any other day of the year. So do I make various resolutions. Only that I do not link it to the First of Jan.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    bioramani
    You would have done the very same thing if you took that decision on any other day of the year. So do I make various resolutions. Only that I do not link it to the First of Jan.
    I agree. It was just another day for me ๐Ÿ˜€
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    bioramani
    True that, but being the first day of the year, it has some significance, may be just psychological.

Its like a start, so you can as well forget all the bad things happened in past and start again with the start of year.

I would compare it with the phenomenon of day-night. You try something all day & are not able to achieve it, at night, you're tired but still you'll think why things went and comes up with new strategy that you can start with the next morning, with the start of new day...๐Ÿ˜€

If you believe, you'll even find God inside a rock, else, even if god comes in front of you, you'll treat them as a rock...๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    [Prototype]
    If you believe, you'll even find God inside a rock, else, even if god comes in front of you, you'll treat them as a rock...๐Ÿ˜€
    True. Though if God is Infinite, you cannot be outside It.
    However, if I did want a significant day to take some resolutions, I would choose some day more personal like a birthday. At 73 even that has lost significance for me.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    bioramani
    True. Though if God is Infinite, you cannot be outside It.
    However, if I did want a significant day to take some resolutions, I would choose some day more personal like a birthday. At 73 even that has lost significance for me.
    Yeah thats true, but like 1st day of 1st month of new year is certainly something nice for "starting" something since everything is new that day.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    [Prototype]
    Yeah thats true, but like 1st day of 1st month of new year is certainly something nice for "starting" something since everything is new that day.
    The earth is in a continuous orbit. It is an artificial construct that the Gregorian calendar has January 1 as a beginning. Even here the conflict between earth's day and the length of the year leads to a leap year every four years. There is nothing sacrosanct about Jan !.
    However, it does not matter if it helps, so what? Let us use it.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    bioramani
    The earth is in a continuous orbit. It is an artificial construct that the Gregorian calendar has January 1 as a beginning. Even here the conflict between earth's day and the length of the year leads to a leap year every four years. There is nothing sacrosanct about Jan !.
    However, it does not matter if it helps, so what? Let us use it.
    LOL, of course. I mean, thinking like a common man and not engineer for sometime, its like a new begining...๐Ÿ˜€
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    I want to visit Las Vegas!๐ŸŽ‰ .
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    umm.. i dont hvae any. I already have many things -to-do and I would rather concentrate of winding them up than resolving on newer stuff
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    To be a Licensed Civil Engineer this 2013!!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Resolutions fail to work for me. So, this year onwards I plan to call them my personal 365-Day-Projects. ๐Ÿ˜›
    Since Jan 1st is just-another-day, I hope ^ above term change isn't really significant, but becomes one for me.

Have a lot of them in my mind. Just sharing a simple one - Becoming more organized. - By that I mean keeping a checklist of everything. That would include everything from folding bedsheets and keeping the keys in their proper place. While keeping a short-term to-do lists for 3 days or a week and duly marking them done. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    AbraKaDabra
    Have a lot of them in my mind. Just sharing a simple one - Becoming more organized. - By that I mean keeping a checklist of everything. That would include everything from folding bedsheets and keeping the keys in their proper place. While keeping a short-term to-do lists for 3 days or a week and duly marking them done. ๐Ÿ‘
    Read the book 'Getting Things Done' by David Allen. ISBN 978-0-7499-2264-1
    It has lot of tips on what you are trying to do.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    bioramani
    Read the book 'Getting Things Done' by David Allen. ISBN 978-0-7499-2264-1
    It has lot of tips on what you are trying to do.
    Will go take a look at Crosswords soon. ๐Ÿ‘ Thanks.

PS: So, that's how sharing your plans helps. You get ideas in return for ideas.
  • lal
    lal
    Have a lot of plans. However all those will work only if I can make one thing right. So the only thing I'll concentrate is to 'quench my Lazyness' ๐Ÿ˜
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    [โ€‹IMG]
    We'll probably wind up like this!๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    AbraKaDabra
    Will go take a look at Crosswords soon. ๐Ÿ‘ Thanks. PS: So, that's how sharing your plans helps. You get ideas in return for ideas.
    Looks like you are already well into getting things done.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I am sure this year is turning out in the way I wanted it have no worry for the future is going to be my motto
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Going to join gym and take judo lessons.

that is all for me
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    Troll_So_Hard
    Will learn Python & C in core alongwith my all EC subjects & develop a small python based game for linux.!
    Interesting !!
    Even I've made retro video games in C/C++. Take a look at The Rattle Snake Game (Version 1) | Ash Bee Zone.
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    zaveri
    Going to join gym and take judo lessons.

that is all for me
    Ditto !! Not Judo. But of course, Gym during the summers ๐Ÿ˜€.
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    Since this is my final semester of my college, We have a class outing irrespective to all that groupism and politics, I've seen and sometimes suffered, during those previous 3 years. Hopefully, my classmate gow up and my wish come true. ๐Ÿ˜›

Besides, I would also like to make something really constructive project, not for obtaining better grades in the final ๐Ÿ˜›, just for making myself a proud IT guy who has really done something innovative. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    whiz.kid.aniket
    [โ€‹IMG]
    We'll probably wind up like this!๐Ÿ˜‰
    ๐Ÿ˜› The Human Nature ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Karishma Manwani
    Karishma Manwani
    I just happened to come across this thread. It's good to read the resolutions ๐Ÿ˜€
    I just felt like inquiring, how many of you have actually accomplished the above said?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Karishma Manwani
    I just happened to come across this thread. It's good to read the resolutions ๐Ÿ˜€
    I just felt like inquiring, how many of you have actually accomplished the above said?
    Well it has taken me a year and a half longer to start my own firm.

All initial works and plans are done and dusted. Mostly i will be kick starting my firm along with my father this September
  • avii
    avii
    2880x1800

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've been told that most of the project teams create websites to showcase their projects. I wish to know what all information is posted on such website? I want to...
hai ce friends. I want to do my project on telecommunications pls give me a good topic or good projects.
sir i will be geting cdac noida so can any one suggest me to go with noida and any reviews of acts noida specilly for DESD pls guide me it...
HOW A BOMB CALORIMETER WORKS.? LITERATURE REGARDING BOMB CALORIMETER DESIGN?
Hi there are many threads in this site which shares computer tricks like short cuts etc. Same as can we share Tricks of hacking or Cracking to give another dimension...