CEans can cook!

Alright,

The title of this thread is inspired from a popular show "Yan Can Cook" 😁 [Website: #-Link-Snipped-# ]

I request all our CEans to share their favorite recipes with the rest of us. I bet we'll have some of the best recipes from around the world.

If no one posts here for a long time, I'll teach you how to make ginger tea [popularly known in India as "Masala Chai" (Chai = Tea) ]

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I'd like to request a nice and easy Cheese Macaroni recipe please!

I'm not much of a cook, but I used to make this simple layered chocolate biscuit "cake". No need to bake. Just mix stuff and cool in fridge πŸ˜› I'll try to recall the recipe next time.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    *Reserves the space for Biggi's fruit-salad* πŸ˜›
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Macaroni and Cheese
    x amount of macaroni
    1.5x amount of cheese grated
    1 cup cream
    black pepper and salt to taste
    cook macaroni in boiling water drain excess water. mix all the ingredients and micro until light brown.
    you may also add an egg.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Haha, thanks! Ratio of cheese to macaroni, 1.5:1? That's a heck of a lot of cheese πŸ˜›
  • gohm
    gohm
    Now Biggie I know you can do more than masala chai!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I guess I should add word 'nutritious' somewhere in my first post.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    ash
    Haha, thanks! Ratio of cheese to macaroni, 1.5:1? That's a heck of a lot of cheese πŸ˜›
    Oh, sorry, it was 1 to 1.5x. Depends upon how cheesy you want it to be.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Gohm: Of course. Just wait for my fruit salad.

Waiting for all your recipes, CEans. What's stopping you?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    *Shahi Paneer and Seekh Kababs will come later today* We may also learn to make some tikkas.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ash, can we have something Malaysian Special from you?
  • aashima
    aashima
    Ahh something different on CE! πŸ˜›
    I haven't tried much except for maggi, home made soups and sponge and chocolate cakes! 😁
    So I'll better wait for the expert recipes. And yes, I am specially interested in fruit salad. 😁
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I can't cook anything special, let alone a Malaysian one πŸ˜› I'll dig around my mom's recipes I guess.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Well i can cook junk food like maggi,and to some extent prepare rice and dal,scrambled egg is my fav I can make that anytime,but someday I will love to cook authentic bengali cuisine I am really fond of it!!!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What is with Engineers and Maggi? Almost all engineers love noodles?
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Maggi is a marvel of food ENGINEERING its quick to make,nice to taste,is a filler and more importantly digest really fast.....I love Maggi!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I admit, I love it.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Well even indian junk foods are easy to prepare and they are nutritious too
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    In my humble opinion, junk food is not supposed to be nutritious and vice versa.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Maggi is part of an engineer's diet πŸ˜‰
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Shahi Paneer or Imperial Cottage Cheese

250 g Paneer/Cottage Cheese
    2 onions finely chopped
    Some ginger
    3-5 garlic cloves
    2-3 green chillies
    1-2 tsp. red chill powder
    3/4 to 1 tsp Turmeric powder
    1 tsp Garam masala (A mixture of various spices)
    1/2 cup milk
    salt to taste
    5-6 tbsp. cream
    1/3 to 1/2 cup powdered or grated dry fruit (Almonds, Cashew Nuts)
    10 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
    1/2 kg tomatoe puree

Mix the onion+ginger+garlic+green chilli paste.
    Heat oil in Wok. Saute the paste for some time. Add Tomato puree, milk, cream...everything except Cheese. Cook the Sauce/gravy/Curry for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the cheese into square or triangular pieces. Add the cheese to the sauce and cook for another 10 minutes or till the sauce thickens.
    P.S. You may change the ingredients according to your taste
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Seekh Kebabs

500 kg lamb/beef/pork/goat Keema or Mince
    3/4 tsp garam masala
    1 tsp garlic paste
    1 tsp raw papaya paste
    4-5 green chillies
    1.5 onions (make a paste)
    1-2 Egg
    Salt to taste
    2 tbsp Cooking Oil
    1 tsp red chilly powder
    Cardamom
    1 tsp Black Pepper
    2 tsp cream
    2 tsp cashew nut powder
    1 tsp ginger paste
    Some cumin seeds
    Turmeric
    4-5 tbsp of split peas or chick peas pawder (You can add a mixture of both)
    First cook the split peas and/or chick peas in boiling water till they are soft. Drain the water and cool them. Then grind them to make powder.

Mix all the ingredients and knead properly. Take a minute amount of mixture and saute in oil until cooked. Taste it and make changes if required. Refrigerate the mixture for 1-2 hrs. Pre-heat the oven with the skewers. Remove the skewers and press a ball of mince on to it. Repeat till all the skewers are full. Place in oven, and keep ratating the skewers till the mince is almost done. Remove the kebabs carefully. Shallow fry them with 2-3 tbsp oil or you can wrap them in a plastic covering for later.
  • Seanv
    Seanv
    😁 ... Well, here is something for fellow Maggi fans who want to add a little more taste to it...

Ingredients:

1. A Maggie noodles packet.
    2. A small/medium garlic pod
    3. Two small/medium chillies (One if its monstrously big or dark green in color).
    4. 7 curry leaves, you can take 8 too, I'm not picky πŸ˜›
    5. 3 table spoons of oil.
    6. Salt to taste

Split the chillies into two along its length and squish the garlic pod. Add the oil, chillies, garlic and curry leaves, wait till the garlic begins to turn brown, then add the water. add the taste maker (the silver maggie noodle taste maker which is in the noodles packet), add some salt (about 1/5 of a tea-spoon), then put in the noodles, and make them as you normally do.

I doubt adding garlic, chillies and curry leaves makes this nutritious πŸ˜› . Then again, nutrition and taste are inversely proportional :evil:

I'll add the Cheese Macoroni recipe later today...
  • CEMember
    CEMember
    hey buddy Seanv, What a simple way of making maggi I can make much maggi more tasty than told by you. Just get me some vegetables also. I love my made maggi. 😁
  • gohm
    gohm
    How about posting your recipe so we can compare & maybe crown a Maggi king? =)

CEMember
    hey buddy Seanv, What a simple way of making maggi I can make much maggi more tasty than told by you. Just get me some vegetables also. I love my made maggi. 😁
  • gohm
    gohm
    I am going to try this with tofu and minus the egg, sounds like it would be good, thanks Patty.

raj87verma88
    Seekh Kebabs

500 kg lamb/beef/pork/goat Keema or Mince
    3/4 tsp garam masala
    1 tsp garlic paste
    1 tsp raw papaya paste
    4-5 green chillies
    1.5 onions (make a paste)
    1-2 Egg
    Salt to taste
    2 tbsp Cooking Oil
    1 tsp red chilly powder
    Cardamom
    1 tsp Black Pepper
    2 tsp cream
    2 tsp cashew nut powder
    1 tsp ginger paste
    Some cumin seeds
    Turmeric
    4-5 tbsp of split peas or chick peas pawder (You can add a mixture of both)
    First cook the split peas and/or chick peas in boiling water till they are soft. Drain the water and cool them. Then grind them to make powder.

Mix all the ingredients and knead properly. Take a minute amount of mixture and saute in oil until cooked. Taste it and make changes if required. Refrigerate the mixture for 1-2 hrs. Pre-heat the oven with the skewers. Remove the skewers and press a ball of mince on to it. Repeat till all the skewers are full. Place in oven, and keep ratating the skewers till the mince is almost done. Remove the kebabs carefully. Shallow fry them with 2-3 tbsp oil or you can wrap them in a plastic covering for later.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    gohm
    I am going to try this with tofu and minus the egg, sounds like it would be good, thanks Patty.
    You are welcome. But, Kebabs are supposed to be full of meat. Are you sure about using Tofu. But mind you, you won't get that taste.
    There are 1500 varieties of kebabs and they are eaten from Greece till India. Because they are easy to carry and don't get spoiled easily, soldiers used to take Kebabs with them in war as rations.
  • gohm
    gohm
    yes I know, however being a vegetarian it is doubtful mine will be full of any meat. =) I've grilled tofu on kebabs with veiggies and that was good so I bet your recipe will be really good as well.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I am trying to re invent an old dish! but as chinese dumplings
    1.wheat flour
    2.gratedt coconut
    3.jaggery
    4.honey
    5.oil
    boil jaggery in water till it melts
    add grated coconut and eave till coconut gratings absord all the liqiud and become seperated

meanwhile make wheat dough and set aside
    make tinier balls of the dough and press, into a square or circle shapes

fill in the coconut mix on the centre of he cut wheat roti( pressed and flattened dough).
    deep fry in hot oil.

P.S:for calorie conscious people, you can fill in the coconut mix between to faltened wheat balls and roll them into stuff coconut parathas 😁

I dont know how this will come out, as I am still trying it out!
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    I don't like coconut in dishes. May be it is because of the cultural difference. We never use coconut or its products while cooking up here in the north.
    I think I would use minced pork or mutton instead of grated coconut.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    no worries

fill it with whatever you want!
    By the way my dumplings are done.. and my rommie a bengali loved them πŸ˜‰

will post pics
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    two more people liked them !😁

raj you can give a try to coconut!
  • J I J O
    J I J O
    raj87verma88
    I don't like coconut in dishes. May be it is because of the cultural difference. We never use coconut or its products while cooking up here in the north.
    I think I would use minced pork or mutton instead of grated coconut.
    Hmmmmm.. Well i came from a land where almost all dishes contains coconut.. Even the name of our state belongs to coconut trees😁
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Bumping this thread, Want to learn more good recipes from our CEans 😁
  • sowjitha
    sowjitha
    I like to cook Andhra recipes because i don't know to cook other recipes.But according to me andhra recipes are a bit spicy and tasty.What you say andhra people????
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Sada
    Bumping this thread, Want to learn more good recipes from our CEans 😁
    Recently I tried French Fries. I made it in microwave oven and the also on gas. I found that the French fries made on regular gas were more tasty.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yay finally made my first daalvada It took me 3 days of trial and error. The sauce is readymade.
    But now my kitchen looks horrible! πŸ‘€
    [​IMG]
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Issue
    Yay finally made my first daalvada It took me 3 days of trial and error. The sauce is readymade.
    But now my kitchen looks horrible! πŸ‘€
    Awesome issue....πŸ‘
    How's the taste ??
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    sowjitha
    I like to cook Andhra recipes because i don't know to cook other recipes.But according to me andhra recipes are a bit spicy and tasty.What you say andhra people????
    Yes. I like it too. can u cook Andhra Spicy chicken ?
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Issue, recipe please! 😁
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    I once tried to do chicken pulav by using sanjeev kapoor's recipe. It was a disaster! I allowed it to cook without pouring any water (cos the recipe never mentioned anywhere that we've to add water 😘 ) and you can imagine the consequence πŸ‘€ Even i couldn't eat it 😳
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Here is a desert which me and my sis did a year back (after the pulav disater πŸ˜‰ ).
    The first dessert we made!!! | The Cooltwins Blog Here...

Loved it! πŸ˜‰ 😁
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Here is a desert which me and my sis did a year back (after the pulav disater πŸ˜‰ ).

Loved it! πŸ˜‰ 😁
    CP, that's awesome! πŸ˜€
    I want a piece of that cake NOW! πŸ˜‰
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    CIVILPRINCESS
    I once tried to do chicken pulav by using sanjeev kapoor's recipe. It was a disaster! I allowed it to cook without pouring any water (cos the recipe never mentioned anywhere that we've to add water 😘) and you can imagine the consequence πŸ‘€ Even i couldn't eat it 😳
    ha ha without water? I can imagine how the disaster was 😁

CIVILPRINCESS
    Loved it! πŸ˜‰ 😁
    Super cool cake; looking awesome. But a bit time taking one. But Liked it.
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    CIVILPRINCESS

Loved it! πŸ˜‰ 😁
    Looks yummy😁 But needs some decoration I think for more pleasant look.πŸ˜›
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Dancer_Engineer
    CP, that's awesome! πŸ˜€
    I want a piece of that cake NOW! πŸ˜‰
    I'll make another one for you 😁

born_star16
    Looks yummy😁 But needs some decoration I think for more pleasant look.πŸ˜›
    yeah i know πŸ˜‰ it was my first desert. so putting it together itself was so tough 😲

Sada
    ha ha without water? I can imagine how the disaster was 😁
    Super cool cake; looking awesome. But a bit time taking one. But Liked it.
    Thanks sada πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
  • sowjitha
    sowjitha
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Yes. I like it too. can u cook Andhra Spicy chicken ?
    ya i can cook. But under my mom's guidance only i can make it more tasty and spicy
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    sowjitha
    ya i can cook. But under my mom's guidance only i can make it more tasty and spicy
    That`s good.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Finally I can make nice and fluffy Idli πŸ˜€ But unable to manage Sambar 😭

On an *industrial* note, I believe Idlis are the only food items that can be mass produced. β˜•
  • circularsquare
    circularsquare
    Issue
    Finally I can make nice and fluffy Idli πŸ˜€ But unable to manage Sambar 😭

On an *industrial* note, I believe Idlis are the only food items that can be mass produced. β˜•
    Getting a good idli in restaurants outside South India is very difficult. I like the idli of Madras Cafe in Mumbai.
    The sour taste of the idli should be just right to make the idli eating an enjoyable experience.

By the way an Idli is one of the healthiest snack one can have in restaurants.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear all, in power crisis situation of many countrys like india ...how can we use any of silicon or kind of leaf spring which can have back and forth action...
Can anybody suggest me the code for changing the form shape in vb 6.0
Satyam scam, India's biggest corporate scam so far, has making headlines everywhere! I want to know there whereabouts of the mastermind behind the scam, Ramalinga Raju. Satyam says he's not...
Okay, here's the news I knew would come out. Post the biggest corporate fraud in India, there are predictions that Satyam computers may lay off 10,000 of its employees. Satyam...
I am a small business entrepreneur dealing in garments. I want to expand my business and looking for some guidance and help. Thanks in advance.