CEan mayurpathak to step down as the Editor in Chief

Yes, thats me! ... And this is my post number 1000.

I'd like to tell the CEans that I have decided to step down from the coveted Editor in Chief position of CE forum. I have enjoyed all these 3+ years at the top. However all good things come to en end.

I'm happy to stay as a regular member and make way for fresh ideas.

Cheers!

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    oh! we will miss you mayur ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    English-Scared
    oh! we will miss you mayur ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”
    ๐Ÿ˜› I'm not going any where. I'm just stepping down from the post.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well i will be definately missing is witty questions thrown by him,hope mayur will contribute his rich experience and groom the next editor-in-chief
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    May I know the reason behind this decision of yours??
    And I'd also like to mention that it'll be tough to replace you.
    Cheers..
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Thanks for all the great contributions, Mayur! The Editor in chief is a tough job, and you've handled it really well ๐Ÿ˜€ I'm glad you'll still with us and be able to contribute in other ways.

I think its nigh time we start filling the editorial team with new recruits. Besides Mayur, Patty has also left the editorial team. (Looks like the Mod job is the most popular one *grin* )
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    So no more KYCEans here ๐Ÿ˜”

silverscorpion
    May I know the reason behind this decision of yours??
    And I'd also like to mention that it'll be tough to replace you.
    Cheers..
    Reason- I am not sure but can make a guess ๐Ÿ˜‰..Is it me?

I remember once I said
    "Sir, you yourself are rarely seen online here and thus let us forget about "discussions initiation" by you here. I am saying this just to remind you 'Responsibility is responsibilty" right? Give up if you cannot do it or else don't take it -this line applies to we all"

For full conversation check the following thread.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

@Mayur Sir,If it is me, I am extremely very sorry for it. I will never say like that again but no one here(except YOU) deserves the Editor's post. Please do take it back.

Thanks
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    @shalini : Mayur has been one of the force behind CE he wont be disturb or take decisions by mere comments,am sure it must be something unavoidable which has made him do this.
    And the comment was really very rude,first time reading such strong comments.please refrain from next time!!!!
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    sauravgoswami
    @shalini : Mayur has been one of the force behind CE he wont be disturb or take decisions by mere comments,am sure it must be something unavoidable which has made him do this.
    And the comment was really very rude,first time reading such strong comments.please refrain from next time!!!!
    Yes I know it is very rude, but at times I cannot stop myself in speaking. I am sorry to all CEans here if it hurted to anyone ๐Ÿ˜” . I will do take care of it in future.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    So the final defense of the editorial has been breached.
    CE-Editorial Team is no more. Long live the CE-Editorial.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    * Looks like few people here give more importance to few dumb and useless CEans here rather than deserving ones *

I have observed from a long time that this could be a reason for getting a bad quality of CEans here day by day and so good people are running away from responsibilities. Not sure ๐Ÿ˜•
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    @Shalini: Only a few percentage of CEans are good. As the number of members increases, the number of "useless" CEans will also increase. But yes, the good ones should be given some importance. That is why the CEan of the Month has started.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    shalini_goel14
    * Looks like few people here give more importance to few dumb and useless CEans here rather than deserving ones *

I have observed from a long time that this could be a reason for getting a bad quality of CEans here day by day and so good people are running away from responsibilities. Not sure ๐Ÿ˜•

hey why dont you fire a mail to biggie and tell him your views on CERTAIN CEans who are irresponsible and let biggie decide for himself,of-course critics are welcomed even here!!!
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    sauravgoswami
    hey why dont you fire a mail to biggie
    Ha ha ha ..Good suggestion Sir.
    I tell you one thing if I will fire a mail to him, he will fire me first.:sshhh:
    This is the fact. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyways lets change the topic. Mayur Sir Please take back your post. We are happy with the kind of work you do really ๐Ÿ˜

Thanks
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    raj87verma88
    Hey add this twist to the story we were once developing.

And guys, please dont disturb the harmony over my departure. Please dont pass deterring statements here. The only reason for me stepping down is that I haven't been able to give time to CE. Believe me, no one... absolutely no one, not even Biggie can coerce me to step down. I wanted fresh deserving candidates to take over my initiatives. We tried expanding the team but couldn't.

There is no animosity behind my decision. Just plain conscious decision.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    raj87verma88
    *21 gun salute*
  • gohm
    gohm
    Ahh, you wrecked it for all the conspiracy theorists, laugh! Glad you will still be a member of the CE family. Thanks for all you have done!!!

mayurpathak
    Hey add this twist to the story we were once developing.

And guys, please dont disturb the harmony over my departure. Please dont pass deterring statements here. The only reason for me stepping down is that I haven't been able to give time to CE. Believe me, no one... absolutely no one, not even Biggie can coerce me to step down. I wanted fresh deserving candidates to take over my initiatives. We tried expanding the team but couldn't.

There is no animosity behind my decision. Just plain conscious decision.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    anyways thats fine mayur you will be here.
    guess you are busy with new organization ๐Ÿ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Not HAPPY!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    English-Scared
    anyways thats fine mayur you will be here.
    guess you are busy with new organization ๐Ÿ˜€
    Absolutely right.

I just want to tell you some thing. The first thing I do after coming to office or connecting from my home is to open the CE mail and check all the incoming subscribed posts and emails. I reply all emails, including the project/seminar topics and I read through all the new subscribed posts. I have done this every single day through out the 3 years and 3 months without even once missing out on it. (Except when I have been on leave). Though I agree that my inability to contribute every time has been a problem ๐Ÿ˜› The point is, if every one spends that much time on CE (at least that much), we will go a long way!

Anyway, thanks guys, thanks for all the wishes. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    raj87verma88

HATS OFF to the services of THE GREAT MAYUR as Editor in-Chief...

No post from Biggi on this thread... 'K' whats in your mind on this..?

-CrazyBoy is back
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm late in responding to this post. Frankly speaking, I don't know what to write. Mayur joined CE when it was new and no one really believed that CE will survive for more than a year. For me, Mayur has been a friend and a guide ever since we know each other. He's been instrumental in making CE what it is today.

With Mayur's new venture, it was difficult for him to dedicate time for editorial activities. He wrote to me saying he wants to step down from the post of editor in chief and I had to support his decision. We all respect his decision and are thankful to him for his contribution. But we aren't letting him go because CE will be incomplete without him.

Though he has stepped down as editor in chief, he continues to be a part of CE core team as a moderator.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    The_Big_K
    He wrote to me saying he wants to step down from the post of editor in chief and I had to support his decision.

Though he has stepped down as editor in chief, he continues to be a part of CE core team as a moderator.
    I am still not clear about one thing if he cannot devote time then what is the point in stepping down from his 3 years old given/volunteered (not sure-choose one) such a nice honor (Editor -in -Chief) ๐Ÿ˜• ?

@Mayur Sir, Many good people cannot give time here but that doesn't mean you give your honours also. On the behalf of many CEans I would like to say this much only - You should take the honour "Editor-in-Chief" rather than as a core team member. We don't care you can devote time or not but the title "Editor -in - Chief" under your name here is a kind of motivation(even much more than that) for lot of CEans.๐Ÿ˜”

Rest is your decision. It was my last urge on behalf of everyone here. "Best of luck" for your new venture. ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @ Shalini: Editor in Chief is a position and not an 'honor'. It comes with extra responsibilities which demand time.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    The_Big_K
    @ Shalini: Editor in Chief is a position and not an 'honor'. It comes with extra responsibilities which demand time.
    Position and honour is the same thing here.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No, it is not. There is a difference between position and honor. Mod, Admin, Editor, Ambassadors are 'roles' than 'honors'. Of course these roles are only offered to CEans who are exceptional contributors.

To understand it in a better way, CEO is not an honor in a company, it's a role.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    May I interject. No it is never the same thing. Position and Honour are two different things. First you have to work hard to achieve a position, then maintain or rather surpass your level without using crooked means, to gain honour. But honour can be achieved without a position also. If you fight(not an actuall fight) without using any foul means but loose, people will still honour you, but that is a different case.
    You don't need a title to respect someone, it should come from within.
    Anyway, it is Mayur's decision and I think we should accept it and not try to change it. He must have given a lot of thought before making a final decision.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Editor in Chief is the boss of all CE Editorial members.. well, whats left of them anyway ๐Ÿ˜›
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    The_Big_K
    CEO is not an honor in a company, it's a role.
    Yes I know it vey well, thats why i mentioned a word "here" in my last post.There is lot of difference between CE and a company I guess. ๐Ÿ˜€

shalini_goel14
    Position and honour is the same thing here.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Perhaps.. we can put "Ex Editor in Chief"? That would be what Shalini means, in a sense.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ash
    Perhaps.. we can put "Ex Editor in Chief"? That would be what Shalini means, in a sense.
    Yeah I guess you are right, that will look much better ๐Ÿ˜› but lets still wait and hope for Mayur Sir's decision change. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    *This is my last post on this thread*

Guys, thank you very much for the appreciation and good wishes. I never knew I was one of the 'liked' members of CE. To be fair, being 'Editor in Chief' indeed was an honour for me and not just a post. CE is close to me nearly as much as it is close to Big K. Let me tell you, stepping down from the editorial post was more of a personal decision for me. I have been working for past 4+ years and have been associated with CE long enough to know it inside out. In all these years, I have seen people come and go. I always preferred to work in the background and let the members take control. I will never forget those long calls with Biggie discussing and arguing on almost all the initiatives ๐Ÿ˜€ I can especially remember the meetings we had on the Bandra Band Stand, Near the Lake in Nagpur and the Pune/Mumbai meets.

I have seen people come and go. Believe me, it was sad to see the best of the members blank CE one fine day and vanish in the abyss. With members like you guys, CE is at its best right now. But some where I feel the togetherness is vanishing. We no longer work like a team. There are brilliant initiatives running on CE in the form of Labs, or KYCEan or Small Talk and we dont have people take responsibility, including me.

So I guess it was wise for me to step aside and make way for a new Chief. I think this was coming and my new venture just turned out to be a reason for my departure. Just want to make one humble request. Let CE be a team and not a collection of high headed individuals. We have a long way to go... with or without an Editor-In-Chief
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    @Mayur : Can you be mentor to the next editor-in-chief ????
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Let me answer on Mayur's behalf: Yes.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Ok. I got my answer...and no more queries regarding this...
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    With all due respect to everyone. Mayur has said that this would be his last post in this thread. Prolonging discussion will lead to nothing.
    Therefore I am closing this thread.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you have any questions about Quest Course, please post them in this thread. Read the announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...programming-yashwant-kanetkar-asang-dani.html
CEans, CE is extremely proud and happy to present you with the best way to learn computer programming: Quest Video Courses on Programming! Each course covers in depth video lectures...
if you wanted the solution to any of the above mentioned thing then u have come to the rght place and also i help other problems also ๐Ÿ˜€
Hi all, Can anyone tell me who is she? P.S: Please tell me before 3.30.
wht is the entropy of a pen?