CE Weened Debate #1 - Experience & Feedback

The CE Weekend Debate has just concluded. It's time to post your experience and feedback. There are lots of learnings for us, which I will share soon. I'm however keen to hear your thoughts.

Replies

• ani725
    ani725
    thanku so much sir for the platform u have provided to us..this will increase our knowledge and ofcrs the gd skills that is most imprtnt today..
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    Maybe you should sequence the members' posts, so no one may interrupt before their time.
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    Otherwise, the debate was rather nice and took my mind off things.
  • ani725
    ani725
    πŸ‘πŸ‘ Had fun debating today..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There are ton of things we've learned for the next conference. We're now going through all the posts and will announce a winner tomorrow.
  • graphite
    graphite
    Awesome experience. Thanks a ton to provide a platform for us. Eager;y waiting for the next weekend debate. πŸ˜πŸ‘
  • N.Gowtham Raj
    N.Gowtham Raj
    It was a healthy knowledge sharing. I think the GD served its purpose...
  • SurEC93
    SurEC93
    😁 the last hour took us to a crazy new world! was a wonderful experience to discuss something like this after such a long time..
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    First when debate was started, and everyone was told to offer their points in just one minute time, I thought that how could it be possible, we all had so much to say, so much to discuss and so much to learn about, but as it started, and as Kaustubh Sir, mentioned more rounds it was getting more and more interesting, thanks for providing this, I can't believe I enjoyed an Online debate too,

Best wishes to all the participants, πŸ˜‰ and congrats to the winner πŸŽ‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, there were a few surprises for us. The next debate will surely be more organised.
  • amitkumarverma
    amitkumarverma
    Some sort of problem was there that people were raving and not listening to others.
    I think it is because of written debate.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    By the way - sharing 'What I didn't like' won't disqualify you from winning 😁. The better the feedback you offer, the better it will be for all our future debates.

How many think that the participation should be limited to <10 members, or maybe <5 ?
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Though I was unable to participate this time,because I reported after 'the' time(Regret face😳),I enjoyed reading every bit of it.Well done participants,All the best for the result! I hope I will be on time next Sunday.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    As we progressed, the crazyness of CrazyEngineers was personified πŸ˜‰
  • nii
    nii
    its really awesome..... learn a lot. πŸ‘
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    Maybe that would be a good idea. Limit it to, say, 5 members, and let about three or four debates rage separately. Then select the winners of these debates and put them up against one another next week.

BTW, see if the winner can get some extra trophy points too πŸ˜›
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    By the way - sharing 'What I didn't like' won't disqualify you from winning 😁. The better the feedback you offer, the better it will be for all our future debates.

How many think that the participation should be limited to <10 members, or maybe <5 ?
    It was all good, but just one thing, that some people interrupt in between round 1 when it was just one min go, to offer the points one by one, felt this as a distraction when I was typing.
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    I think <5,it will be a less hotchpotch then!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's a nice suggestion but there won't be any influence on the trophy points. πŸ˜€
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    How about the rest, #-Link-Snipped-#?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Gurjap
    How about the rest, #-Link-Snipped-#?
    Didn't get you.
  • SurEC93
    SurEC93
    The debate was good, as far the fact that it was for the first time is concerned. We all will learn new ways as we proceedπŸ‘
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    The rest of my suggestions.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Limiting the members would not be good Either, as everyone should have right to participate and offer their points. πŸ˜€
  • SurEC93
    SurEC93
    May be we can start with a big number, and then cut down after every round.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    SurEC93
    May be we can start with a big number, and then cut down after every round.
    Yes, that's a good idea according to me, but I doubt, as this would require more time, and debate could not be carried in just 1 go of 1 hour.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Whats In Name
    Though I was unable to participate this time,because I reported after 'the' time(Regret face😳),I enjoyed reading every bit of it.Well done participants,All the best for the result! I hope I will be on time next Sunday.
    We had to do that. But this wasn't the last CE Debate. We're now aiming to making this a regular feature of CE. But need to find out a way to make this more structured, streamlined and organised.

Next time! (Soon)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Gurjap
    Maybe that would be a good idea. Limit it to, say, 5 members, and let about three or four debates rage separately. Then select the winners of these debates and put them up against one another next week.

BTW, see if the winner can get some extra trophy points too πŸ˜›
    Let's see. There are a ton of changes we'll have to introduce in our weekend debates to make them happen smoothly and without turning the debate into fish market.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Biggie,Can you schedule next debate in early morning or late night.
    If debates will be held between 9AM to 6PM,I will never be able to participate in CE debate in my entire life,honestly.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Had an amazing time reading the debate statements. Was on the move so didnt comment much.
    I just love the enthusiasm we've built up here. Can't wait to see the winner's name.
  • sulochana anand
    sulochana anand
    in debate two groups should be created ....rest was good.i also enjoyed.but sorry I could not continue due to my mistake
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    It was a good debate I read.

Kaustubh Katdare
    Does it mean many small debates and with a technical debates for each discipline?
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    I have a suggestion, next time, could we have a debate with web cam, like skype chat.?? or something like that, it would be actually more beneficial if implemented properly.. πŸ˜€
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    I couldn't be on time 😭.
    But the debate is enabled to viewπŸ˜€ . Great start and a good discussionπŸ‘.
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    Sanyam Khurana
    I have a suggestion, next time, could we have a debate with web cam, like skype chat.?? or something like that, it would be actually more beneficial if implemented properly.. πŸ˜€
    But that might lead to chaos. In that case the number of participants should be less.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    anuraadha
    But that might lead to chaos. In that case the number of participants should be less.
    Well actually, then everyone would be given a chance one by one, so it would be overall more beneficial in my opinion. πŸ˜€
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    Kaustubh Katdare

I think there should be more participants upto 20 to get a perfect online debate with the best thoughts inside it , though i believe ex-tempo topic would be much better.

PS: I took the last topic as ex-tempo and attempted it 😁
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    sulochana anand
    in debate two groups should be created ....rest was good.i also enjoyed.but sorry I could not continue due to my mistake
    I think members should be left free to choose the side , but try to take a side which you know that you can convince even your worst critic.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Kaustubh Katdare: ---------LETS BEGIN--------------- Kaustubh Katdare: sulochana anand - Go first. sulochana anand: good eve frnds Kaustubh Katdare: You only have 1 minute. sulochana anand: becacuse who can afford wats...
I'm currently working on a PHP project to create a web based code editor. It includes many PHP files. I'm now planning to convert them into python code to make...
Hello everybody, I am a student and this is my first post... If you connect the signal leads to the two identical signals, having some phase difference then - you'll...
CE Weekend Debate #1 was our first attempt to conduct an online debate among CEans and the topic was "Should Education Be Free For Everyone?". The topic itself was open...
(from K.Baloo via email) Four surgeons are discussing who were the best patients to operate on.. The first surgeon says, 'I like to see Accountants on my operating table because...