CE VoiCE Quiz : Are You A Regular VoiCE Reader?

CEans,

Are you a regular VoiCE reader? Yes / No.

Ok let's check out how many CEans regularly read the VoiCE posts and keep themselves updated with the latest news in Engineering and Technology.

In this thread, we'll ask questions related to the news covered in the VoiCE posts and CEans will answer them. Ask questions based on the recent VoiCE posts, at the most 7 days old VoiCE posts.

Let's set the ball rolling. ๐Ÿ‘
Here's the first question:

Specialized recently launched their latest electric bike which claims to be the world's fastest electric bike. The bike is called _____.

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    #-Link-Snipped-#. Biggie wrote about it sometime back.

Recently my project guide called upon me when I was demonstrating my project to my Juniors (fun sort of thing). He asked me what is the maximum speed of your bicycle. I said 8Km/ Hr.

As if he was a project manager he said "I want it elevated to 30 Km/hr" else expect less marks! ๐Ÿ˜จ

I mean I am just a graduate student not a scientist.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Issue
    #-Link-Snipped-#. Biggie wrote about it sometime back.
    No, that's not the answer. That article was published last year.

Let's post questions based only on recent articles.

Coming to your project guide, no comments. ๐Ÿ˜
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Here's one that's difficult to crack: Which VoiCE post has attracted the most number of Facebook Likes?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    Here's one that's difficult to crack: Which VoiCE post has attracted the most number of Facebook Likes?
    #-Link-Snipped-# ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    #-Link-Snipped-# ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    That's right. Over 3k FB likes.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    ok, before we go on talking about latest voice post, let us revise history.

1. What was the purpose of VoiCE before it became our official blog to write Tech-News?
    2. Who was the first author apart from Biggie and AKD to write on VoiCE?

I don't know the answer.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Issue
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    That's right.

Yes, it would be great to know the history of VoiCE. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Shreyas Sule
    Shreyas Sule
    Issue
    ok, before we go on talking about latest voice post, let us revise history.

1. What was the purpose of VoiCE before it became our official blog to write Tech-News?
    2. Who was the first author apart from Biggie and AKD to write on VoiCE?

I don't know the answer.
    Me too.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Alright! ๐Ÿ˜

When CE started, it was available on /forum (now it's on /community ) and the main domain actually had a redirect stript. That looked bad; so we went live with a CMS that allowed us to post Interviews of engineers. I contacted few engineers who I thought were doing great work; and asked for interviews. They agreed and that's how we had 'Small Talks'. We maintained our small talk frequency of one small talk per month.

But that made our front page look almost idle. So me and our mod #-Link-Snipped-# thought of posting more interesting information on the front page. Ash suggested a new section something like 'CrazyEngineers Voice' and that led to "CrazyEngineers VoiCE".

VoiCE wasn't a technology blog and we planned to write about interesting things we encountered while running CE; running a startup and challenges etc. We did write a few posts and also got few guest writers to contribute articles. But still; the frequency wasn't high ( we set bigger benchmarks for ourselves ).

So me & #-Link-Snipped-# started writing technology related articles (not 'news articles') but apart from regular work it became too difficult to keep VoiCE alive. That's when we decided to grow the team.

I went to my college and asked my professors to recommend top talent from college. He recommended #-Link-Snipped-# ๐Ÿ‘ and Shreyas did an excellent job of assembling an awesome team.

We moved our focus from pure technology articles to technology & engineering 'news' articles and kept adding more members to the team. VoiCE even got recognized by 'Google News' team (Google employees handpick the blogs for the News section). We know that several influential people read VoiCE almost on daily basis; which is an achievement for us.

That's all I've to talk about. If you have any specific questions; I'll be happy to answer them ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Before debuting as a professional blog, VoiCE started off with KYCEan. The first post ever to be published on VoiCE is #-Link-Snipped-#.

While it also provided an insight as to what CE is all about in some posts. #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Some of the earliest (famous) CEans featured on VoiCE are , Sahithi Pallavi aka #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#, ms_cs, silverscorpion, Mayur Pathak (Awesome guy ๐Ÿ˜€), durga, English-Scared, crazyboy, Shalini Goel, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, sauravgoswami, suyash, MaRo

The first author apart from AKD and Biggie was Mayur Pathak. Kidakaka aka Ajinkya Prasad, Mayur Pathak, AKD, Biggie, Ajit Kurup, KGV (partly) were the earliest VoiCE team.

Then came #-Link-Snipped-# and team and while the present you all know the authors. ๐Ÿ˜€

P.S: Here is the official announcement of starting of the VoiCE Blog-

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    Shreyas did an excellent job of assembling an awesome team.
    I still think He and Kunal were the BESTEST authors we ever had ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Wow! It's great to know about the history of VoiCE. ๐Ÿ˜€
    I have so much to catch up on the history of CrazyEngineers. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#: VoiCE didn't start off as KYCEan. What you're looking at is post re-categorized into 'VoiCE'. We used to have a separate section; but never had a 'name' for it.

Both Shreyas and Kunal have promised that they'll return. I hope they don't stuck up in the regular tech-mill ๐Ÿ˜‰.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Oh really? Didn't knew about re-categorization.

The_Big_K
    Both Shreyas and Kunal have promised that they'll return. I hope they don't stuck up in the regular tech-mill ๐Ÿ˜‰.
    To the VoiCE_Duo: Waiting for that day ๐Ÿ˜€

#-Link-Snipped-#: Now let us move towards the future.

Start asking awesome questions for equally awesome posts ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Issue
    Start asking awesome questions for equally awesome posts ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Ok. ๐Ÿ˜€

Here you go:
    Last week, the longest cable bridge in Middle East was inaugurated in Iran. Name the bridge.
  • Shreyas Sule
    Shreyas Sule
    The_Big_K
    I went to my college and asked my professors to recommend top talent from college. He recommended #-Link-Snipped-# ๐Ÿ‘ and Shreyas did an excellent job of assembling an awesome team.
    #-Link-Snipped-#: It was your motivation which kept us all going.

The_Big_K
    We know that several influential people read VoiCE almost on daily basis; which is an achievement for us.
    This is good. Seriously good. The current VoiCE team is doing an excellent job.
    Issue
    I still think He and Kunal were the BESTEST authors we ever had ๐Ÿ˜€
    Well Sir, you have an unusual sense of humour! #-Link-Snipped-#: Do you remember when I wondered how many avatars you had?

The_Big_K
    #-Link-Snipped-#:

This month is going to be full of surprises for me. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Shreyas Sule
    #-Link-Snipped-#: Do you remember when I wondered how many avatars you had?
    I do. But today my answer is "I do not have many Avatars. I just do have a lot of time."
    If CE can rope in your time, VoiCE can get itself benefited. When are you and Kunal joining again?
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Here you go:
    Last week, the longest cable bridge in Middle East was inaugurated in Iran. Name the bridge.
    Ok, no one answered this.
    The answer is: The bridge is called the #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Here is the next question:

A team of researchers from the University of Toronto led by professor Hoi-Kwong Lo had devised a new quantum encryption method called:

1) Privacy Amplification
    2) QKD Protocols
    3) Measurement Device Independent QKD
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Dancer_Engineer
    Here is the next question:

A team of researchers from the University of Toronto led by professor Hoi-Kwong Lo had devised a new quantum encryption method called:
    1) Privacy Amplification
    2) QKD Protocols
    3) Measurement Device Independent QKD
    Yeah I've read this post. That quantum encryption method is called Measurement Device Independent QKD ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Sada
    Yeah I've read this post. That quantum encryption method is called Measurement Device Independent QKD ๐Ÿ˜€
    That's right, #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We miss you. @#-Link-Snipped-# This was among one of the cool initiatives you had taken up!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Few of the recommended books include - 1. Distributed Databases Principles & Systems - Stefano Ceri & Giuseppe Pelagatti 2. Object-Oriented Database Systems: Approaches and Architectures - C. S. R....
Here is the list of Automotive training opportunities provided by SAE international. https://www.sae.org/training/automotive/
Here is the training opportunities provided by SAE international for Aerospace engineers https://www.sae.org/training/aerospace/.
Here are the training opportunities provided by SAE international for Commercial vehicles. https://www.sae.org/training/commercial-vehicle/
Recently heard about this technology even fb is using it for it messages. And what is google's big table.