Official Announcement: #-Link-Snipped-#

Discuss it in this thread. [โ€‹IMG]

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Official Announcement: #-Link-Snipped-#

Discuss it in this thread. [โ€‹IMG]
    Definately New CE is faster, however noticed a few UI distortation problems, Hoping that once it will up fully it won't be there.

Ex:- Whenever we "Reply with Quote" lots of space is available above the quote. Am I the only one who is facing this problem, or others too experienced this?

PS: I am using IE 7
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've tested this with IE8 and it works very good in it. The site also run fantastic in Google Chrome, Opera and Firefox. Durga pointed out that the UI looks bad in IE6 (Which this theme does not support). I've tried opening the site through IE8 in compatibility mode and haven't faced any problems yet.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    CE is running fast.

Biggie, I couldn't see the chat box.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    I noticed one more thing, the width of CE-forum is less than the CE-portal.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Looks fantastic. Running super fast in chrome. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    forum looks good in Chrome.
    [โ€‹IMG]

The post initiator name is not visible.is it something to do with the number of characters in the user ID?

by the way that's when we click on 'what's new'
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The loading time is less says that CE is faster now!

Next I am using IE6 and CE looks a bit bad the colors and UI problems!
    UI problems mainly include the alignment issues on the top the what's new section portion.
    I can see only 2 options like Digg and Delicious, I remember seeing around 4 in old version.
    No Chat box?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Next , the downward arrow beside every user name?
    why is it there if there is no functionality included for that button?

I am using IE6 and can only use it!

But the speed increased pretty much ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    When we click on "what's new",
    I Cant able to see some of the user names of Recent posts.

What happened to CE-conference?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    One more thing, there is a big gap empty space if we go and view someone's profile!
    If we click on about me then the gap is being filled by that information.
    Cant we make about me to be displayed in the blank place by default such that it looks good.
    By the way I am using IE6 , just placed a request for Mozilla latest , will update this thread once I have a look at CE in Mozilla.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    English-Scared
    One more thing, there is a big gap empty space if we go and view someone's profile!
    Cant we make about me to be displayed in the blank place by default such that it looks good.
    By the way I am using IE6 , just placed a request for Mozilla latest , will update this thread once I have a look at CE in Mozilla.
    I cant found any gap using chrome and mozilla. It may be due to using IE 6 I think.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Change is always good.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    One minor issue, the color of quick reply is not readable.

View this image.
    [โ€‹IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    forum looks good in Chrome.
    [โ€‹IMG]

The post initiator name is not visible.is it something to do with the number of characters in the user ID?

by the way that's when we click on 'what's new'
    -> I'm unable to see the image. Could you please post the link to the full image?

English-Scared
    The loading time is less says that CE is faster now!

Next I am using IE6 and CE looks a bit bad the colors and UI problems!
    UI problems mainly include the alignment issues on the top the what's new section portion.
    I can see only 2 options like Digg and Delicious, I remember seeing around 4 in old version.
    No Chat box?
    The them is not designed to work with IE6 - the crappiest browser ever. IE6's lack of support to standards has been well known. If possible, please upgrade to IE8 (latest version).

CE Conference is coming soon ๐Ÿ˜€ . I'm currently monitoring the server performance. The chatbox adds some extra load to the server ๐Ÿ˜€.
    English-Scared
    Next , the downward arrow beside every user name?
    why is it there if there is no functionality included for that button?

I am using IE6 and can only use it!

But the speed increased pretty much ๐Ÿ˜€
    Are you talking about the 'pencil' icon in user profile? Its meant to be for the mods.

sahithi pallavi
    When we click on "what's new",
    I Cant able to see some of the user names of Recent posts.

What happened to CE-conference?
    Could you please post a screenshot, Pallavi?
    CE Conference is coming soon. ๐Ÿ˜€

English-Scared
    IE6 issue. We aren't supporting that browser anymore. Use Mozilla or Chrome or IE8.

gaurav.bhorkar
    One minor issue, the color of quick reply is not readable.

View this image.
    [โ€‹IMG]
    Yep. Its under cosmetic fixes. Expect an update in next couple of hours.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    nice theme.
    it's cool.๐Ÿ˜
    and biggie what about the now cool feature you have decided to keep suspense.when will come.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    gaurav.bhorkar
    CE is running fast.

Biggie, I couldn't see the chat box.
    yes what happened to the CE conference:?:
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CE Conference will return as soon as we're satisfied with server load check. The conference pings the server regularly which increases the load. Watch out for announcement. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    click on 'what's new' , only posts by user mohit007kumar00 donnot get populated.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    click on 'what's new' , only posts by user mohit007kumar00 donnot get populated.
    I searched for all the posts made by user mohit007kumar00 and they are displayed fine. You're on IE which version?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    nopes! CHROME ๐Ÿ˜€ IE6 was at work.
    Do you see the users post in what's new?? not in forum as such, I can see in forum too.I see only 13 entries in 'what's new' and none of them are from that user
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    ->

Could you please post a screenshot, Pallavi?
    CE Conference is coming soon. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Here is the screenshot Biggie,

[โ€‹IMG]

And waiting for other cool features. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Pallavi: I'll verify that. Looks like there's some issue with the width.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    @Biggie : yes Biggie, seems like a width problem.

And See this too.

[โ€‹IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Pallavi: Could you please check now?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    @Pallavi: Could you please check now?
    Seems ok now, but I have only 2 new posts now. Both looks correctly.

And I will check it once when there are more no of new posts and let you know.
  • lal
    lal
    WoW! Great new looks. Its really loading faster.
    Expecting further upgrades and ofcourse CE-conference.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜€ Work is in progress as we are getting lot of great feedback from our members. We might be losing out on few visitors who use IE6 (IE! ๐Ÿ˜› ) but that's alright. CE Conference will return soon in a new form with some good functionality. Plus of course - the promised new feature that lot of our members will love.

๐Ÿ˜€ Stay tuned!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    CE Conference will return soon in a new form with some good functionality. Plus of course - the promised new feature that lot of our members will love.

๐Ÿ˜€ Stay tuned!

Exciting ! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    this new version is super cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž

this is really good ๐Ÿ‘

and it is really fast and pleasent ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Its good to hear that the new CE is faster for everyone. We've drastically cut down the images that were used to construct our earlier theme. This one relies more on CSS and just couple of lightweight gradients.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Fantastic! I really like the new layout design!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Waiting for more upgrades as mentioned in the voice blog.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I like the new layout, the forum is whole screen of it , with no side spaces for ads. But where are ads currently fitted into? ๐Ÿ˜•
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    I like the new layout, the forum is whole screen of it , with no side spaces for ads. But where are ads currently fitted into? ๐Ÿ˜•
    The sidebars have been removed because they disturbed the whole layout for small screen sizes. The new system displays advertisements at following locations:

1. Below the NavBar (Visible to everyone)
    2. In the first post, on the right side (Visible only to the visitors, not to logged in members)
    3. After every first post, throughout the forums.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    awesome look...I like the change made in CE site.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Love the new site!! My congratulations to the dev team and Biggie.

Also to those who contributed to the making the site better. Re-visiting the site after some time, but this totally rocks!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thank you for the wishes ๐Ÿ˜€ . Our regular members will see new features being rolled out over the next few days ๐Ÿ˜‰ .
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    nice look and speed increased ,will took time a little to get into that ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Hooo! Exciting..! ๐Ÿ˜€ Way to go CE..!
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    Now this place looks much cooler, this is what we call a standard forum, previous one was too outdated. In many forums, I have seen a thanks button before edit button, so that you can express your gratitude towards the poster without posting anything . I really like the concept. Hope you think about it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vik001ind
    Now this place looks much cooler, this is what we call a standard forum, previous one was too outdated. In many forums, I have seen a thanks button before edit button, so that you can express your gratitude towards the poster without posting anything . I really like the concept. Hope you think about it.
    That feature has been listed. Expect it on CE in near future.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Hey I have found some issue, when ever we click on a specific thread which is visible directly in a section we are taken to the last unread post of that thread, but thats not happening now!
    I am just directed to the last post of the thread!
    Say for eg. If some one replies to the long thread , it is displayed on the forum main page , if I click on it it should navigate me to my last unread post but not to the latest!
    Just let me know if you dont understand something.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There are two options, actually.

If you click on the link displayed on the forum home, you will be taken to the first unread post in that thread. However, if you click on the [โ€‹IMG] link displayed at the end of the link, you will be taken to the last post in that thread. Please confirm the behavior.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Here is what I found, If I click on Link displayed on the forum home I am being navigated to the last post of the thread!
    I have not clicked on the image displayed in Biggie's post!

Biggie, Once check the behavior! Earlier it used to work fine.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    English-Scared
    Hey I have found some issue, when ever we click on a specific thread which is visible directly in a section we are taken to the last unread post of that thread, but thats not happening now!
    I am just directed to the last post of the thread!
    Say for eg. If some one replies to the long thread , it is displayed on the forum main page , if I click on it it should navigate me to my last unread post but not to the latest!
    Just let me know if you dont understand something.

That button is meant for that purpose only that why its located to the right of user you have posted the last message. It works same in other forums too. When you hover at the link of the post, it says that go to the last unread post but its not actually like that.... there's some fault.
    I haven't seen any link which will direct you last unread post in other forums
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Biggie,

We have a section called what's going on section in the main page , in that section we have a sub section called CrazyEngineers Forum Statistics

with 3 bars side to it, they are not according to the number. Assuming 1:1: 1 scale , threads the red color one should be less than the members one?

[โ€‹IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @ES: That's just an image and not an actual representation of the statistics.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    English-Scared
    Here is what I found, If I click on Link displayed on the forum home I am being navigated to the last post of the thread!
    I have not clicked on the image displayed in Biggie's post!

Biggie, Once check the behavior! Earlier it used to work fine.
    Sure, I'm checking this. I'll have to wait until few new posts are made to the threads (I've already visited all of them, already). If there's a bug, it will be fixed.

vik001ind
    That button is meant for that purpose only that why its located to the right of user you have posted the last message. It works same in other forums too. When you hover at the link of the post, it says that go to the last unread post but its not actually like that.... there's some fault.
    I haven't seen any link which will direct you last unread post in other forums
    I'll check the behavior and then comment.

Thanks for reporting this! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The_Big_K
    @ES: That's just an image and not an actual representation of the statistics.
    Oh! ok. I observed it and found it and thought that its just an image , but asked to confirm ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: I confirmed the 'visit last unread message'. Primary investigation shows that its because of our eye-friendly URLs. The severity isn't high, I've marked this for fixing.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Next question , I am using Mozilla and when I mouse over post quick reply button it gives a help text as (Alt+S) but when I type it the menu bar's history is opening.
    I think this is a mozilla setting but not sure.
    If anyone knows how to post using Alt+s , I mean the settings in Mozilla please let me know.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Thanks for the link biggie.

To work with mozilla latest without any change in files use Alt+Shift+S
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    when i logged in today i got the notification ,you have a unread visitor message,when i clicked on that.it opens a pop up and get blocked here as i am in office and have to open it by manually clicking.Is this feature of popup is updated in new one ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    cooldudeiet
    when i logged in today i got the notification ,you have a unread visitor message,when i clicked on that.it opens a pop up and get blocked here as i am in office and have to open it by manually clicking.Is this feature of popup is updated in new one ?
    Notifications get blocked because of your browser settings. It works the same way as earlier. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    One more issue compared to the older one!
    When ever I open any thread as a guest then I was earlier navigated to the first post but now I am getting navigated to the last post!!
    let me know if something is not clear.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    when i click on the new posts it shows only the updated posts ,but what about the old ones,we have to search manually as before in old they were also showing in that search page?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    cooldudeiet
    when i click on the new posts it shows only the updated posts ,but what about the old ones,we have to search manually as before in old they were also showing in that search page?
    That's exactly how its supposed to work. The 'What's new' button will show all the threads that have been created/updated since your last visit.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Open your visitor message. Click on view conversation --> It will open coversation page between two user.
    Here post some message --> Page is ended up with Java script error and message is not posted.

Please check if this happens wiith you all too...

Note: I am using IE 7.0 in office. Will check and update on Chrome/ mozilla / IE 8 and Opera from home.

-CB
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    No delimeter (, or ; ) present in between current users / birthdays.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crazyboy
    Open your visitor message. Click on view conversation --> It will open coversation page between two user.
    Here post some message --> Page is ended up with Java script error and message is not posted.

Please check if this happens wiith you all too...

Note: I am using IE 7.0 in office. Will check and update on Chrome/ mozilla / IE 8 and Opera from home.

-CB
    Works fine for me.

crazyboy
    No delimeter (, or ; ) present in between current users / birthdays.
    Not required.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    English-Scared
    One more issue compared to the older one!
    When ever I open any thread as a guest then I was earlier navigated to the first post but now I am getting navigated to the last post!!
    let me know if something is not clear.

Is this checked?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This will be fixed in next upgrade (minor one), due in few days.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Do not login, Go to Today's post. check if there are more than two three pages with today's post.
    Click on drop down "Page 1 of 3" enter page number 2, click on Go.

You will lend up on Advancd search page. This works fine if we go deep down in threads; however not working for new Post / today's post page.

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @CB: Works fine for me. Which browser are you using? IE7?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Though I'm a little late to reply. New Look CE is amazing.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    mayurpathak
    ..too late:evil:, you are on seventh page
  • safwan
    safwan
    Awesome Back biggie !! New CE rocks !!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    mayurpathak
    Yeah , Mayur is very very late!

Be active here man!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Recently I have used CE on Apple I phone 3-G on CE , It worked fine but few of the links I am not able to click yesterday night as a guest.
    I will retest the same and will post the details.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    One more observation may be this may be the working system of the forum:

"The number of posts under the avtar in any thread, will be updating only after I go back and come!
    I mean if I am posting this this is my 4352nd post and it will update this number in this post only, the rest of the posts will be displaying 4351 only.
    I will send the screenshot to Biggie.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    English-Scared
    One more observation may be this may be the working system of the forum:

"The number of posts under the avtar in any thread, will be updating only after I go back and come!
    I mean if I am posting this this is my 4352nd post and it will update this number in this post only, the rest of the posts will be displaying 4351 only.
    I will send the screenshot to Biggie.
    That's right and its not an error. Unless the page is refreshed, the count is not fetched from the database. This happens because posting happens through ajax and the whole page does not get refreshed.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Since Yesteray I am logged in into CE and my session is not timed out?

Note: I haven't closed my broswer (IE 7).

Was just wondering that it has nothing to do with CE -upgrade, if not then why it didn't show the timeout?? Biggi - Any clue??

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crazyboy
    Since Yesteray I am logged in into CE and my session is not timed out?

Note: I haven't closed my broswer (IE 7).

Was just wondering that it has nothing to do with CE -upgrade, if not then why it didn't show the timeout?? Biggi - Any clue??

-CB
    Did you select the 'Remember Me' option in the sign in box when you logged in last time?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Yes, I had.

However as per me, even if I had cliked on remember me at least it should show me the login window (with user name and password filled). It is not showinge me the login window itself.

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crazyboy
    Yes, I had.

However as per me, even if I had cliked on remember me at least it should show me the login window (with user name and password filled). It is not showinge me the login window itself.

-CB
    I see. The remember me option is meant to avoid re-login to forums when you access your account from the same browser/computer. The option actually circumvents the default user timeout setting and keeps the user logged in until the user logs out.

The site itself cannot keep your username and password in its cache. That feature is provided by the web browser (FF, IE and Chrome). You can enable 'Remember Me' option in your web browser to have your username and password filled in when you revisit the site. For now, please logout and login without checking the 'Remember Me' option. If your browser asks whether you want to store username/password for the site, say 'yes'.
  • g_rakesh2
    g_rakesh2
    hey biggie you have taken lots of efforts for CE till now..

but previous look was great than this one.... ๐Ÿ˜”

actually m visiting after a long span.... ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    g_rakesh2

Hello Rakesh, good to see you back. It must have been a big surprise to you to see the new look of CE. As I mentioned elsewhere, we had to change the look to make CE faster and add more functionality. The new look also matches with our front page.

The current theme has lesser number of images and cleaner look. I hope you will get used to the new design fast.
  • itchap
    itchap
    g_rakesh2

I am agreed on this that previous look was far better than this one.๐Ÿ˜”
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    At New post Page, earlier I used to see a tick mark if I have answered in that thread. Now thats not appearing.

Is it intentational or its a issue with IE 7 ?

Also, now am not able to find any way where I can see all the new post since my last login. Only option I am getting is 'New Post'. ๐Ÿ˜”

-CB
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Oops !!! I didn't realize "What's New" button. Sorry !!! so only valid query is query 1.

-CB
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Hey Got answer of both of my questions.

Left most icon, just before the thread title is shwoing how many posts you have posted on any particular thread. Also, "What's New" button is showing you list of the new posts since your last login.

Thanks,
    -CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

m sorry to say the new look of form is very bad.. lack of readablity.....any method to get the previous look back??
Guys i want to convert a python script to c++. I have searched on net for convertor but not getting it.Can anyone help me?
Hello everyone.I needed to know the various career options for which an electrical engineer can opt for.Various fields where an electrical engineer can work.
Use the information at your own risk. Change IE Title Bar Text [Start] [Run] [Regedit] Goto Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main. Modify/Create the Value Name [Window Title] according to the Value...
Can an exhaust suction fan be used to suck the exhaust remaining in the clearance volume of an IC Engine?