CE T-Shirt Store - Survey

CEans,

After talking to couple of custom t-shirt vendors it's become clear that :

1. If we print t-shirts with the same message/image in bulk - we can keep the t-shirt price low [Around INR. 300 / USD = 6.5 , excluding shipping charges ].

2. If we print custom t-shirts, with the choice of message on the front side of the t-shirt, the price of the t-shirt goes to about INR. 450 / USD = 10, excluding shipping charges].

While option 1 is 'cool', option 2 is definitely 'cooler' ๐Ÿ˜€ . Option 2 gives you the ability to have your own custom message [we have about 40 custom, kick-ass messages] on the front side of the t-shirt.

Which option do you think we should opt for?

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    CEans,

1. If we print t-shirts with the same message/image in bulk - we can keep the t-shirt price low [Around INR. 300 / USD = 6.5 , excluding shipping charges ].
    What is the price of this T-shirt including the shipping charges?
    Both are good. Go for both of them.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    This is for CEans to purchase right?
    may be minimum number of TEEs over which the discount is valid can be considered. If its quite less number, then may be sets of various quotes can be made and sold else, if numbers to huge, customized ones should be alright
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Within India, shipping charges are INR. 50/- .

International orders will be processed by another vendor located in USA. Not sure about their shipping charges though. Will post as soon as I get some concrete information.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Good. Go for some option-1 shirts and go for some option-2 shirts with couple of good quotes.
    So that people can buy whatever they want.
    Is it only for CEans?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I would say that lets start some survey on CE saying who are interested in buying the shirts.
    Since, i saw many times that before the product is out people say that they would buy it , later they dont buy , which in turn puts CE in losses.
    I would prefer this idea..
    "Once the type of T- shirt is finalized then announce that T- shirts can be bought, take orders take money and then order and deliver! Here you can be sure that you will not be in loss!"

This might sound rude but if you order around 1000 T- shirts and none buys them then unnecessarily CE will be in loss.

Next regarding your options , this depends on people opting and buying!
    If more people want customized shirts then they need to pay more!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, we won't be at loss if we go with option #1. That is because the t-shirt is printed on per order basis. This gives us ample choice of size, color and slogan on the front side of the t-shirt.

Second option requires us to print over 100 t-shirts in advance.

Also, if we can commit a monthly purchase number to the t-shirt vendor; they'll offer discount to us. Which means the cost of t-shirt will come down. I'm more inclining towards option #1 => totally customized t shirt. Those who want it will get it anyway.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    I would suggest to go for option #1. If we have good quotes, there are chances that more people will buy them.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gaurav.bhorkar
    I would suggest to go for option #1. If we have good quotes, there are chances that more people will buy them.
    We've got like - 40+ of them! ๐Ÿ˜
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    The_Big_K
    We've got like - 40+ of them! ๐Ÿ˜
    Whoa! 40+. Thats good. We can choose the best ones and I'm sure many will buy them.
  • kunaljd
    kunaljd
    what's date for ce-store going online?? i will be the first person to buy t-shirt.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
  • adinickluv
    adinickluv
    I'm interested and ready to buy the T-shirt. Its the coolest way to publicize the coolest site of engineers.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have an assignment which is : write an article for a person who hasn't entered university yet on The benefits that engineering has brought to the world. It has...
Egypt Telecom has suffered 13% revenue loss through voice calls over the prior year. The reason being the cheaper VoIP calls. The government has sprung into action and has specifically...
Indian Prime Minister, Mr. Manmohan Singh said - This morning I met the chairman of Dell Corporation. He informed me that they are buying equipment and parts worth $25 billion...
Has anyone here thought of making a home made particle accelerator? What are your ideas on building one (for fun ๐Ÿ˜‰)?
hi.... i m L.n.panigrahi,now i m studing in CSE branch 2nd year as a B-tech student,i can't understand wt type of summertraing will i do?