CE Small Talk - Who would you like to see in our Small Talk?

CEans,

We have been running CE Small Talk on our front page for over one year. How about seeing your favorite personality on Small Talk? Post your suggestions in this thread - Who would you like to see in the Small Talk section?

If anyone of you is willing to help, please let me know here or through private message.

-The Big K-

Replies

• Elisa
    Elisa
    I would love to hear from iPod architects.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Hey Biggie,

How about the following -
    1. Richard Stallman
    2. [SIZE=-1]Bjarne Stroustrup
    3. [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Rasmus Lerdorf
    4. [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Tim O'Reilly

for starters ๐Ÿ˜
    [/SIZE]
  • mahul
    mahul
    i wd love "Steve Jobbs" if u haven't already got him earlier( i never actually checked out)..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Great going ๐Ÿ˜€

Let's get people from other engineering industries as well. Let's say people who design rides in theme parks, build aeroplanes etc.

What say? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Keep adding, I'm hunting ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Hey Biggie,

A lot of these robotics fellows are out here on this forum, how about some celebrity in this field?

Suggestions anyone?
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Moustafa Amar, Singing engineer ๐Ÿ˜
    Moustafa Amar - Wikipedia

Never mind ๐Ÿ˜ whoever is an engineer is the right man to talk with
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    MaRo
    Moustafa Amar, Singing engineer ๐Ÿ˜
    Moustafa Amar - Wikipedia

Never mind ๐Ÿ˜ whoever is an engineer is the right man to talk with
    Why not? I'll need some time to work on this. If things go right, we may have Moustafa Amar on CE ๐Ÿ˜€
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Good, that will be really greattttttttttt ๐Ÿ˜

If you'd like to, I can arrange contact
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    MaRo
    Good, that will be really greattttttttttt ๐Ÿ˜

If you'd like to, I can arrange contact
    That's amazing!

Get in touch with me through email/pm with details ๐Ÿ˜
  • mahul
    mahul
    _k pls arrange for someone who is a celebrity in the robotics field like kidakaka said. i'm not able to suggest a name now but i will definitely try to come up with some.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mahul
    _k pls arrange for someone who is a celebrity in the robotics field like kidakaka said. i'm not able to suggest a name now but i will definitely try to come up with some.
    Why not? Shall we try to get AIBO / ASIMO creators from SONY? ๐Ÿ˜€

...and who'd like to help me out find contacts & get in touch with these guys?

Volunteers are welcome!

-The Big K-
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    How about some engineers from Dell or the Zune team as well Biggie? I do know someone in Dell ... sales though ... but they will know someone in product development as well. Are you game?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kidakaka
    How about some engineers from Dell or the Zune team as well Biggie? I do know someone in Dell ... sales though ... but they will know someone in product development as well. Are you game?
    Hey there!

I've contacted Dell couple of times, but looks like they are just too busy to reply ๐Ÿ˜’ . I haven't yet contacted Zune, but I'll sure add it to the list ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

Can anyone here get us in touch with the Apple's iPod/iPhone team? If yes, please get in touch with me over PM or email : admin at crazyengineers dot com

Right now, I'm trying to get in touch with the makers of Bruj Dubai ๐Ÿ˜
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Hi Biggie,

Have asked SAP India about SmallTalk. Lets see if it pans out or not. Have CCed you in on the mail.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kidakaka
    Hi Biggie,

Have asked SAP India about SmallTalk. Lets see if it pans out or not. Have CCed you in on the mail.
    Wow! ๐Ÿ˜€ SAP!

I'll check it out soon. I'm traveling right now and for some dumb reason, the mailbox is not accessible ๐Ÿ˜’ . I'll try to reply asap.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Btw, can anyone here get us in touch with the Visual effects teams that work for Spielberg movies ๐Ÿ˜
  • gohm
    gohm
    Anyone from Lucasarts, especially: 1. Industrial Lights & magic or 2. thx divisions.

Sal Brogna, exec engineer with intuitive surgical, the company behind the Da Vinci 3d surgery system.

Mark Rosheim, Ross-hime designs in Minneapolis, MN. Robotics work that has been done for nasa, lockheed martin, surgical etc. also author. He also leactures on the Leonardo Da Vinci's robots: the man, the lion & the cart, all built in the 1500s!

prof. Ihab Farag with UNH biodiesel group (or any another company) who produces biodiesel from algae.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gohm
    Anyone from Lucasarts, especially: 1. Industrial Lights & magic or 2. thx divisions.

Sal Brogna, exec engineer with intuitive surgical, the company behind the Da Vinci 3d surgery system.

Mark Rosheim, Ross-hime designs in Minneapolis, MN. Robotics work that has been done for nasa, lockheed martin, surgical etc. also author. He also leactures on the Leonardo Da Vinci's robots: the man, the lion & the cart, all built in the 1500s!

prof. Ihab Farag with UNH biodiesel group (or any another company) who produces biodiesel from algae.
    Great!

Can anyone here help us get in touch with them? Any help would be appreciated. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • gohm
    gohm
    I do not know of these people personally, however I could do some research in finding contact info. How should it be co-ordinated? Should I give you the contact info, or contact them and give them your contact info?

The_Big_K
    Great!

Can anyone here help us get in touch with them? Any help would be appreciated. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gohm
    I do not know of these people personally, however I could do some research in finding contact info. How should it be co-ordinated? Should I give you the contact info, or contact them and give them your contact info?
    Thanks a ton. I searched a bit and I think we can get in touch with Mr. Sal Brogna. Let's see how this goes.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    [Bumping into old thread]

I know few of our Small Talks are pending. While we are working hard at getting big people to respond; it won't hurt to see who do our CEans want to see in our Small Talks.

So - who should be on CE Small Talk?
  • gohm
    gohm
    a couple ideas off the top of my head:

center for green chemistry & green engineering at yale
    tesla motors inc.
    large hadron collider
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gohm
    a couple ideas off the top of my head:

center for green chemistry & green engineering at yale
    tesla motors inc.
    large hadron collider
    Gohm - Tesla Motors is already on my list ๐Ÿ˜€ !

I absolutely love their cars! [โ€‹IMG]
  • kedarjk
    kedarjk
    Hi biggie, can we have a small talk with NVIDIA CEO JenSen Huang?
    He is also the cofounder of NVIDIA.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    kedarjk
    Hi biggie, can we have a small talk with NVIDIA CEO JenSen Huang?
    He is also the cofounder of NVIDIA.
    Oh why not? Do you have any contact there who can lead us to Jensen? It will be like t dream to interview him ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • kedarjk
    kedarjk
    Hmm, I will try to find it out and let you know soon.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kedarjk
    Hmm, I will try to find it out and let you know soon.
    Just wanted to let you know that we'll try to have Jensen on CrazyEngineers. There are couple of interviews lined up, so we'll have to wait for some time.
  • gohm
    gohm
    great! Since I am in the US as well, you can have them ship me a test vehicle for the article... ๐Ÿ˜‰

The_Big_K
    Gohm - Tesla Motors is already on my list ๐Ÿ˜€ !

I absolutely love their cars! [โ€‹IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gohm
    great! Since I am in the US as well, you can have them ship me a test vehicle for the article... ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Yep, agreed. In fact, the one you are looking at through your window is yours! We couldn't get you the Yellow one. I hope you won't mind. [โ€‹IMG]

-----------------------------

How about having someone from construction world? Burj Dubai, Petronas Tower designers? :smile:
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The_Big_K
    How about having someone from construction world? Burj Dubai, Petronas Tower designers? :smile:
    Yeah. And I'm also trying to contact the guy behind the Bandra Worli Sea link here in Mumbai. Its an 8 lane sea bridge with a length of 5.6kms.

Check you tube video [youtube][SIZE=-1]DVJGxnfrWno[/youtube]

Also check the wikimapia link here Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!
    [/SIZE]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I was wondering if we could get -

1. Creators of Deep Blue.
    2. Creators of Aibo & ASIMO
    3. Gmail Engineers
    4. iPod, iPhone designers

Can anyone help us with contacts?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The_Big_K
    4. iPod, iPhone designers
    *gasp* why? ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Why not? They've changed the world! What say?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CEans,

I'm bumping this old thread. I was thinking if we could get someone from Mathematica creators in our Small Talk. Suggest names, please.

Maybe Mr. Stephan Wolfram?

[...and if possible, email/link ] ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Guys, no answers here? I'm even trying for the creators of MATLAB. Would you like to suggest any names?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hmm..

was thinking of some one whose applications we use almost very day
    makers of gmail? skype??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all.. I am a crazy Mechanical engineer...Now i am @ my 6th semester ...This is the time for mini project....I am Interested in designing field... My project team consists...
Hi , People can you please help me understand why people say that real power is useful power and reactive power is useless
hi. CEans i have an urgent need . I want project ideas on image processing..specalised on mobile and web based printing technology.pls help me urgently.. thanking you.
Dear CEans. Happy new year to you all and hope that 2008 will be a peaceful year to all people around the world.๐Ÿ˜ As the title of my thread indicates..i'm...
Hey, im a grade 11 student and our teacher has asked us to make a circuit with a 555 timer, a speaker, and resisters so the sound is different. What...