CE Project: CE Messenger (now called CE:IM)

CEans,

All said & nothing done. I think its time to get started with our long pending CE Messenger. We've discussed a lot about it but we didn't do anything. Recently, one of the CEans approached and wants to do a project with us. I think the time has come that our gang starts 'doing' something.

The aim is to build a messenger that is not a typical client-server. We'll need ideas on how to build the messenger with someone willing to guide/provide technical support to our CEan who will actually work on the project.

Do reply as soon as possible & let's get this started. For queries, just shoot a mail to admin at crazyengineers dot com.

-The Big K-

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Re: Let us develop the CE Messenger

The_Big_K
    CEans,

All said & nothing done. I think its time to get started with our long pending CE Messenger. We've discussed a lot about it but we didn't do anything. Recently, one of the CEans approached and wants to do a project with us. I think the time has come that our gang starts 'doing' something.

The aim is to build a messenger that is not a typical client-server. We'll need ideas on how to build the messenger with someone willing to guide/provide technical support to our CEan who will actually work on the project.

Do reply as soon as possible & let's get this started. For queries, just shoot a mail to admin at crazyengineers dot com.

-The Big K-

Hi Biggi,

Am back..
    Its a nice idea but I have some queries regarding this... You told inyour last mail that it wont be a typical client-server. If not a typical client-server then can't we ask for some collobration and have one for us. Like we have our CrazyEngineers mail box in collob with GOOGLE.
    Its Just a query, meantime I will be more then happy๐Ÿ˜ to do testing of that project, if fellaw devlopers develop the application inhouse.

Regards,
    -Crazy
  • Rocker
    Rocker

crazyboy
    Hi Biggi,

Am back..
    Its a nice idea but I have some queries regarding this... You told inyour last mail that it wont be a typical client-server. If not a typical client-server then can't we ask for some collobration and have one for us. Like we have our CrazyEngineers mail box in collob with GOOGLE.
    Its Just a query, meantime I will be more then happy๐Ÿ˜ to do testing of that project, if fellaw devlopers develop the application inhouse.

Regards,
    -Crazy
    Yep! I volunteer to be a beta tester of CE Messenger ๐Ÿ˜‰ ! Count me in !!
  • Sorayna
    Sorayna

Oh,me too..๐Ÿ˜€
  • DEP
    DEP

hi all,

biggie i want to know that when would be get started? i mean lets start working ont the project.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

DEP
    hi all,

biggie i want to know that when would be get started? i mean lets start working ont the project.
    As soon as we have commitment from 4-5 CEans who can do the magic. There is no specific start date as yet.

As I said, the only thing that is stopping us is response from CEans. The project will require few hours from all participating CEans each week. That's not an easy job, but I think we'll do it.

-The Big K-
  • waterjunk
    waterjunk

I can help out with graphical stuff. In case you guys need buttons/smileys etc
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

I.. can't do any programming magic ๐Ÿ˜” But I don't mind being one of the testers! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Btw, we were discussing about the messenger at this thread -> #-Link-Snipped-#

It was really promising. The foundations were being laid out, but some how the thread has become stagnant, haha. Desijays, where you at?
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya

How about using a third party software for this like meebo? Itll be quick and dirty ๐Ÿ˜€ But the basic functionality is put in place. End defines the means, eh?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

kidakaka
    How about using a third party software for this like meebo? Itll be quick and dirty ๐Ÿ˜€ But the basic functionality is put in place. End defines the means, eh?
    The aim is to come up with our own messenger so that we can do our own thing ๐Ÿ˜‰ with it.

Kidakaka, you talked about a messenger plugin for FF. Sounds like a good idea ๐Ÿ˜ ! As Ash says, we hope to have at least 2-3 CEans working on CE Messenger by CE's 2nd birthday.

ps: Congratulations for your 100th post ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-
  • bayazidahmed
    bayazidahmed

Is this topic dead or has it been moved?

I am free as of now and willing to contribute in the programming part. Is there a team ready? Is some one working on it? If any help is needed, feel free to rope me in...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Hi bayazidahmed,

The project has been halted for some time. But since lot of new members have joined (and the activity has shoot up) we can think about starting this project afresh.

What say, fellas?
  • bayazidahmed
    bayazidahmed

Hello! Is anybody out there willing to help?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

bayazidahmed
    Hello! Is anybody out there willing to help?
    bayazidahmed's shout echoes in the empty valley..

๐Ÿ˜›

Welcome to Crazy Engineers! Yep, looks like theres some activity again here. Keep posting the forums!

Before we start any project, we need a thorough plan (we ARE engineers after all). xheavenlyx has a good start with the CE Bot, giving a timeline and direction. One of us should post again the objectives and components of the CE Messenger.
  • bayazidahmed
    bayazidahmed

You call it activity, when only one more person starts posting? Big_K are you sure there are 9k+ members, or is the k there by a mistake?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

Ah, you are specifically talking about this thread? lol.. then yeah, there isn't much activity then. As I mentioned in the CE Bot thread, we need a critical mass of active people to get things going!

Just like you need to equal or go above the nyquist rate to avoid aliasing, you need to certain number of active members to avoid.. inactivity of projects ๐Ÿ˜€
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14

Hi All,

I am really very interested in taking the initiative for developing CE messenger.
    Not a big task,if few CEans can help me out.Those interested can post their view,ideas and requirements for CE messenger.

Regards
  • friendster7
    friendster7

shalini nice going ,taking initiative is nice.a few ideas from myside
    make it attractive and easy to use,let it be easy to install and have some cool smilies.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

Hi Shalini, check this thread out: #-Link-Snipped-#

CEans had some intense discussions regarding the development of CE Messenger there, but it sorta died down. Read through it, it'll give you an idea on the direction it was heading ๐Ÿ˜€

Hopefully we will post a summary of it, as well as a concise list of objectives!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Re: CE Project: CE Messenger

Alright, before we start compiling the goals for CE:IM, I think these are the stuff we seem to be agreeing on:

- It will be programmed using C/C++
    - First version will use the Command Line Interface (eg DOS), which can then latter be supplanted by simple GUI's.
    - Be portable

For more details, check Desijays post here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I dont have the faintest idea about the discussions on p2p and nodes are about, but hopefully that'll be clear once we compile everything up ๐Ÿ˜›

Oh, do you know what shocked me just now? Read this post dated 31st May 2007 on the same thread:
    thin_master
    Why dont we do a robot ?

A robot will require the skill sets of an electrical engineer, mechanical engineer and computer science engineer.

Let create one with the follwing sensors

Ultrasonic for proximity sensing
    Temperature
    Webcam to see on PC
    bluetooth or FM for controlling

#-Link-Snipped-#

check out the video
    Thats almost what we are doing for the CE Bot now!! This dude is a psychic.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Please continue discussions for the CE:IM here:

#-Link-Snipped-#

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, The following article has been written by our own CEan - Desijays. Initially, he wrote the article for a magazine we had a tie-up with ๐Ÿ˜€ . I'll post...
CEans! With the engineers in the special effects industry doing a great job with movies like Spiderman III, the future seems super-fantastic! However, if the movie story sucks, no special...
Hi! I'm currently doing a project on concealed wiring in buildings, for which I need to know: 1. when did concealed wiring come up in India, and 2. why (did...
Dear Friends, We provide placement oriented professional trainings in mobile communication technologies and mobile application domain.You can join any one of the mentioned training programs based on your interest and...
Hi!! recently i have completed my ccna certification.. n some of my fnzs advise me to do sap basis!! then u have a bright carrer ..To be frank i have...