CE Newsletter

Hi CEans!

I'm glad to announce the launch of CE Newsletter - beta! Here comes a detailed explanation 😁

What is CE Newsletter?
- CE newsletter will be a Newsletter for the CEans by the CEans! Will it be weekly, monthly or yearly ( πŸ˜€ ) is yet to be decided. The newsletter will contain short articles, stories, information about events, news and happenings on CE forums.

When will it be ready?
- Did you visit our homepage? If not, click -> CrazyEngineers and check out the bottom - left corner . You have to enter your email address to subscribe to it. Don't panic, we do have 'unsubscribe' option too. We will need a sufficient number of subscribers before we actually send out our first newsletter!

I'm not registered on forums, can I subscribe to the newsletter?
- Oh well, you need not be registered on the CE forums to subscribe to the newsletter. But it is highly recommended to get registered to attain the revered 'CEan' status 😎

Will you spam my mailbox?
-Yes! Probably, once in a month or week. The schedule is open for discussion.

Do registered users get the newsletter automatically?
-The newsletter service is optional. So you will have to take pains to go to our homepage and enter your email address.

So, starting today, we get into subscriber gathering mode and initiate discussions regarding contents and schedule of our newsletter. I'd like to have your feedback on -
  • Contents of Newsletter: What would you like to have in a newsletter?
  • Schedule: Once a week, Once a Month, Twice Every Month ...
  • Location of Γ’€˜Subscribe To Our NewsletterΓ’€™ section on homepage. Currently it is located in the bottom-left corner.
  • Any other ideas!
Do not forget to vote on the poll !

-The Big K-

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    beta testers are welcome

I'll be beta-testing the newsletter for the next couple of days. So anyone interested in beta-testing the newsletter please send a private message to me. Include your email address to which the test newsletter can be sent. πŸ˜€

Thanks! 😁

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    any error?

Guys, do let me know if you get any error message after submitting your email address to subscribe the newsletter. Under normal conditions 😁 you should see a thank you message after successful submission of email id.

I tested it couple of times and everything is working fine. πŸ˜€

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    beta testers

Oops! I didn't expect what a beta-tester does!

A Beta - testers will be the first ones to get the test-newsletter. They will make sure that the format of the sent newsletter ( html/text ) is okay and the newsletter looks cool.

Beta - testers will send their feedbacks about the newsletter to me via pvt. message or email. πŸ˜€ So if you'd like to help us beta - test the newsletter, send me a private message along with the email address to which the newsletter will be sent.

Thanks!
    -The Big K-
  • rick
    rick
    count me

😁 count me in !
    biggie check your pm. you may spam my email with newsletter πŸ˜‰ !

Newsletter can have links to interesting discussions on forums as well as short writeups by forum members.

I suggest that the newsletter should be sent out once every month. that will give us ample time to think about new content for the newsletter!

rick
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    changed the location

Hi All!

The location of 'Newsletter' has been changed. It now appears in the right column, just below the 'Forum Stats' section.

Thanks rick! 😁 We will continue to gather the Beta-testers so that we ensure the smooth functioning of newsletter service!

-The Big K-
  • crook
    crook
    wow

Hey big! newsletter is a goood idea 😁I just subscribed to. I am in as a beta tester πŸ˜€ ! check your private message !

Short articles for the newsletter is a good idea too. I will write something for sure !

hurray 😁

crook
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    thanks

Thanks crook. I have added your name to the beta tester list ! 😁
    I will write something for sure !
    That is cool! Send your article to me by email. Really nice response to the newsletter ! 😁

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    woppie ! 😁

We have 6 beta - testers for the newsletter. But we need more! Anyone wants to be a beta-tester for newsletter, send me a private message along with your email address πŸ˜€

Also, let me know if the current position of 'Newsletter' section on main page is okay. We will be able to start the newsletter only if more members subscribe to the newsletter.

Rick suggested that all the registered memebers should be the default subscribers of newsletter. What do you think?

-The Big K-
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    ya thats a good idea..defalut subscribers! i think you know my mail id big k.. send it on gmail.
  • crook
    crook

integratdbrains
    ya thats a good idea..defalut subscribers! i think you know my mail id big k.. send it on gmail.
    protocol breach πŸ˜•

CrooK
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    few more

Guys! We need a few more beta-testers for the newsletter πŸ˜€ !

Right now, our count stands @ 11

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ready with first beta

Hi everyone!

The beta -1 newsletter is ready & I'll send it to the beta testers (hopefully) on Sunday.

Will wait for your feedback & comments. Also, do post your ideas about what would you want to see in a newsletter.

The beta tester's group is open to join 😁 , send me a private message along with your email address.

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Beta Newsletter is Out

All the CE Bulletin Beta Testers !

The first beta newsletter should be in your mailboxes. If it is not, check your spam/bulk mail folders 😁

Awaiting your feedback.

-The Big K-
  • Jerry
    Jerry
    got it !

I will post the reply that I sent to biggie.

1) We do not need html mails. Plain text does the job.
    2) Unsubscribe page needs rework.
    3) The newsletter could be sent from news@ce or newsletter@ce or editor@ce .

We could form a newsletter team which will work on drafting the first newsletter. I am pretty sure many will volunteer.

Jerry.
  • crook
    crook
    rocks

The beta 1 newsletter was cool. Shall I also try out the unsubscribe option? πŸ˜›

I'm not happy with the way it shows the unsubscribe page.

Rest all is good. Waiting for the beta 2 😁

Crook
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    yup!

Yep, guys! I got your mails. Already started working on that. Do not 'unsubscribe' as it will remove your name from the subscriber's list. We are currently maintaining a separate list for beta testers.

Unsubscribe page needs lot of rework πŸ˜• . Moreover, we have decided to continue with 'text only' support in Newsletter. HTML formatting is weird ( quite lot of times πŸ˜€ )

Waiting for more replies !

-The Big K-

p.s: I'm thinking about setting up a conference for deciding the contents of our first newsletter. Anyone interested?
  • crook
    crook
    waiting

will you send the second newsletter tomorrow? i'm waiting for it 😁

what about our meeting to decide the contents of first letter to everyone? wasn't it scheduled this friday?

πŸ˜’

CrooK
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    quick reply !

I hope this reply is quick 😁

will you send the second newsletter tomorrow? i'm waiting for it 😁
    I will try my best. The newsletter system is down and has lots of bugs πŸ˜” ! Let us see how things work out.

what about our meeting to decide the contents of first letter to everyone? wasn't it scheduled this friday?
    Yes, it was. But I could not really get everyone on Yahoo. I knew its going to be difficult. Besides, the zoho chatroom was bit difficult for me to understand πŸ˜› . The biggest challenge is to setup a common time for everyone to join the conference.

I will schedule it soon. Keep checking your email 😁

-The Big K-

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

You are not allowed a PG by your family members.and they insist that u start a business instead.but they are not sponsoring you,neither you r allowed to take loans.. nor...
Got a article from a forum... a good one so thought that i should post it here too... It will be benefecial... Play With Vocab..!! Mirth, genial, convivial, enraptured, blithe,...
I didn't saw a thread dedicated to idioms on this forum... Aren't we too late ... we should have start it too early... here i am starting a thread on...
Assume that each statement is either true or false. What is the unknown (whole) number from the following possibly false statements: At least one of the last two statements in...
Hello everyone! while you read this new post get a cup of coffee to really enjoy it!! πŸ˜‰ I am posting here a story which has made a lasting impression...