Ce Meet Bengaluru

ok..I was thinking if CEans from Bengaluru would come together for a CE meet??
Date, time , location would be decided on majority , once the number of attendees is confirmed?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What's the schedule? I met Akshay Cherian from Bangalore who's interested in organizing a CE Meet in Bangalore. We thought of an well-planned, productive meet unlike our CE Meets so far.
    durga
    ok..I was thinking if CEans from Bengaluru would come together for a CE meet??
    Date, time , location would be decided on majority , once the number of attendees is confirmed?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    my only agenda was to meet CEans in person, discuss on what topic each of us can take ownership on, to rake up the discussions at ce. If better agenda/schedule is on the board, bring it on.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    my only agenda was to meet CEans in person, discuss on what topic each of us can take ownership on, to rake up the discussions at ce. If better agenda/schedule is on the board, bring it on.
    Okay, I will attend it too. Let's see who's willing to attend the meet.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    great! now may be we just wiat for others to say 'aye!'
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I'm going to visit one customer in Nagpur or B'lore next week. Will try my best to attend if it's possible.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I'm in Bangalore.. If the meet is in a weekend, I can attend. πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Boy! That's a short notice. What about others?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I have shared this thread on CrazyEngineers FB Page. #-Link-Snipped-#
    It would be great if CEans can share it on their walls.
    Plus, do bring any engineers you know to the meet even if they have not registered on CE yet.
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    I am living in Bengaluru. I can come on weekends.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    may be SS was just hinting he is fine this weekend as well??

SS, are you fine if its next weekend?? we might be able to get more responses meanwhile?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    no one else?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    no one else?
    We could just fix the date and then start promoting the meet.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    And update the first post with the names who are interested in this meet. We can also update the banner for this meet what you say biggie?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yes, I think we will promote this via banners. I will create one. Just fix the date.
    Let's share it among everyone we know.

Also, let us fix a small agenda of the meet too.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    date -- a weekend in december. Coming weekend 17,18 would be fine but its way too short notice. How about Jan 2?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    How about 24th or 25th December? Holiday season around Christmas.
    Let's try to be quick in deciding so that the meet does not go un-promoted.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    works fine for me, since it's festive season - i thought it might not be appropriate to have a meet then, but if CEans can turn up! nothing better
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    So right now we have:

1. Durga
    2. Silverscorpion
    3. Kishan Gupta
    4. BigK

Can we have praveena or bioramani or anyone else up for the meeting?

@Durga: lets decide a small agenda here. Like points to discuss.
    To make it a little fancy, you can create tags with names of CEans like "CEan-Durga" and pin them on your shirts & tops after arriving to the meeting.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    right.
    Ok, I know this might sound crude, but is it possible to skim through the user locations :-s , and send a bulk invite for people mainly from bengaluru and to all others who are interested to attend?
    Just a thought
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I put up a flyer here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

@Durga: Will you be bringing someone along? It would be great to have at least 10 Engineers at the meet.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Search your engineer friends on email & facebook (search by current city) and bring them on.
  • manishks
    manishks
    sir even i wanted to attend, but my externals are going on and i will be going to delhi on 23rd dec. But i would like to promote this meeting and also i suggest we can have an online meeting were all the ceans will be invitedπŸ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We don't have an option for searching users or members by location.
    What We will so is put up a banner in sidebar of the front page & on the yellow notice above the forum, so that this thread does not go unnoticed, but it lies totally in the hands of people in bangalore to promote the event through their contacts.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    let me see, very few friends of mine live in Bengaluru, barring one or two who are Entrepreneurs, I will get in touch with them.
  • manishks
    manishks
    i am in banglore till 23rd..can i be of any help..?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ok, we are already closing the next weekend too. nevertheless.
    Date: 8 jan 2012 (ample time for everyone to plan)I am still unable to decide on agenda, intially I thought it would be a simple get together where CEans interact , talk on various topics , their work of choice , get few advices (a casual talk) and that might last for say 3-4 hours.
    Incase , a serious formal agenda is beign expected, I am afraid I dont have any as such.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    durga
    ok, we are already closing the next weekend too. nevertheless.
    Date: 8 jan 2012 (ample time for everyone to plan)I am still unable to decide on agenda, intially I thought it would be a simple get together where CEans interact , talk on various topics , their work of choice , get few advices (a casual talk) and that might last for say 3-4 hours.
    Incase , a serious formal agenda is beign expected, I am afraid I dont have any as such.
    What will be the venue?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    musicfreakmandy
    i am in banglore till 23rd..can i be of any help..?
    durga
    let me see, very few friends of mine live in Bengaluru, barring one or two who are Entrepreneurs, I will get in touch with them.
    godfather
    I'm going to visit one customer in Nagpur or B'lore next week. Will try my best to attend if it's possible.
    Kishan Gupta
    I am living in Bengaluru. I can come on weekends.
    silverscorpion
    I'm in Bangalore.. If the meet is in a weekend, I can attend. πŸ˜€
    Guys, I am ready to attend a meet in Bangalore. Please fix a date and a venue. Any weekend in february?

😁
  • manishks
    manishks
    i also want to come for ce meet...i can come on weekends...
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Ok,

How about Feb 11th or 12th?

Venue : How about the Forum mall? Suggest other places too..

Agenda : Now that's what I dont know. What should we do? Catch a movie, perhaps? πŸ˜›
    Just kidding. πŸ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @SS, same here. I have no agenda, hence gave up on the meet, but if we are still ok to proceed, I would rather suggest a calm cafe (a.k.a Cuppa) than forum mall :-s(Personally ,crowded places and noise put me off ).
    Here's the range of places (read cafes) in bangalore . #-Link-Snipped-#

ones in BTM, its good. There is aCUPPA in HSR , but that place is too far way from main city.There is one silver metro in total mall silk board, food is OK (buffet) and there is e-inn(buffet) beyond electronic city on hosur road(this one is purely veg).I feel BBQ nation is perfect waste of money, all i end up eating is- corn cobs :s
    I have mentioned only get together and eateries here, there are other activity oriented places as well if the meet is for 2 days or more. ( camping??/), since there is no aenda , we really dont know how long the meet would be

keeping all this aside, I might start working in shifts coming month on. I dont know the roaster yet, so I cant comment on dates
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Bengaluru calls!
    I might be able to attend if the meet happens soon enough. I'll be busy after a few days into February though.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ... and I might end up being in mumbai for second half of feb :-s.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Then how about we do it at the start of Feb? Feb 4th or 5th is fine?

How many are in? Where do we meet?
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    durga
    ... and I might end up being in mumbai for second half of feb :-s.
    Wow, then you can have a CE Meet in Bengaluru and another one when you come here to Mumbai. πŸ˜‰
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @ SS yes those dates seem feasible for me, but we have many others who need to confirm thier availability as well.
    We still dont have agenda and venue, so.... :-|

@ DE:I would definetly like to meet everyone here,
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    @Durga, that would be great! πŸ˜€

I see that it's possible for everyone to make it for the Meet during weekends. This weekend is very short notice, so you guys can fix it for the next weekend.
    And how about everyone, who is willing to come for the Meet, fill up this small Agenda form (all fields are mandatory 😁)

Date:

Time:

Venue:

Technology you working on:

Technology you want to discuss:

Startups:

Agenda:

Work hard, Party harder:
  • manishks
    manishks
    i will be available after 7th feb...and i am eagerly waiting for it...so hope venue and time will be finalised soon...and which forum mall you guys are talking about...there are two forum malls in banglore..if forum is selected as venue...please specify this also!!!
  • manishks
    manishks
    Date:12th feb 2012

Time:10:00 AM

Venue:Forum mall ,kormanglaa

Technology you working on: i am not working on any technology but i want to know about cloud technology and also android applications.

Technology you want to discuss: cloud technology and also android applications

Startups: i want to be part of such startups!

Agenda:
    1.Cloud computing and its applications
    2.Any new idea like developing a cool website or a new application!

Work hard, Party harder:
    i love watching movies! πŸ˜€
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Good Mandy. πŸ˜€
    Now the others can fill the Agenda form and it will be easy to fix the time, venue and Agenda.
  • manishks
    manishks
    Dancer_Engineer
    Good Mandy. πŸ˜€
    Now the others can fill the Agenda form and it will be easy to fix the time, venue and Agenda.
    thank you dancer_engineer...i think we are taking too much of time..we cannot conduct a meeting this week for sure but if any of us is serious about the meeting we should fill the form and come to a conclusion quickly..january is over..feburary 1st week is over..hope the event takes place as soon as possible!!
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    @Mandy,
    There are 5 of you for the meet as of now I guess:
    Durga, SS, Kishan Gupta, ET and Mandy. πŸ˜€
  • manishks
    manishks
    Dancer_Engineer
    @Mandy,
    ok..it will be more fun if more CEans join...anyways i want to be part of this meet and i leave to you and other members to decide the time and venue!!
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Dancer_Engineer
    @Mandy,
    My participation is not confirmed as of yet. And wasn't there AKD?
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    musicfreakmandy
    ok..it will be more fun if more CEans join...anyways i want to be part of this meet and i leave to you and other members to decide the time and venue!!
    Mandy, I currently stay in Mumbai. πŸ˜€

eternalthinker
    My participation is not confirmed as of yet. And wasn't there AKD?
    Ok. Oops, I missed out AKD and Biggie.
  • manishks
    manishks
    Dancer_Engineer
    Mandy, I currently stay in Mumbai. πŸ˜€

Ok. Oops, I missed out AKD and Biggie.
    and i am in Delhi πŸ˜€..I will be in banglore next week..I hope biggie help in deciding the time an venue soon!!!!πŸ˜€
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    musicfreakmandy
    and i am in Delhi πŸ˜€..I will be in banglore next week..I hope biggie help in deciding the time an venue soon!!!!πŸ˜€
    That's cool. πŸ˜€ Ramani Sir could also join you guys.
    I see some new members from Bengaluru. Hope they reply here. πŸ‘
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Though nominally my HQ is Bangalore, I just cannot be sure where I would be on a given day as I have a sort of roving commission, which is why I did not take part in this discussion. I will take rain check, if I may. I shall keep watching this thread and gate crash if I am in town.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    my weekends have moved to Tuesday and Wednesday this week on , I think I will be able to attend only if the meet's after 6 pm :-|, unless my shift varies
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This thread is doing great.
    I don't think I will able to do reservations for Bangalore on such a short notice.

Let us fix this meeting though.
    11th feb, saturday 6:00 pm at forum mall?

@Durga or Mandy - Start a conversation with all the attendees and add me in it too. πŸ˜‰

PS: Please take atleast one group photo and put it for us on the forum.
  • manishks
    manishks
    AbraKaDabra
    This thread is doing great.
    I don't think I will able to do reservations for Bangalore on such a short notice.

Let us fix this meeting though.
    11th feb, saturday 6:00 pm at forum mall?

@Durga or Mandy - Start a conversation with all the attendees and add me in it too. πŸ˜‰

PS: Please take atleast one group photo and put it for us on the forum.
    Fine descided! i hope everyone comfortable with time and venue!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I am sure that all Bangaloreans know that Forum Mall is LARGE, has entry from two different main roads both of which are called Hosur Road!
  • manishks
    manishks
    bioramani
    I am sure that all Bangaloreans know that Forum Mall is LARGE, has entry from two different main roads both of which are called Hosur Road!
    but sir there are two forum malls in banglore..one is forum value mall and and other is just forum mall!!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    musicfreakmandy
    but sir there are two forum malls in banglore..one is forum value mall and and other is just forum mall!!
    It may be best to specify a more localised meeting point within the Forum Mall.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Frum value mall is beyond whitefield :-, it will take me 2 hrs or more to reach there. Forum @ Koramangala is better . I am not too sure if we have 'get together' places at Forum???

@ Ramani Sir,
    We can have that KFC on ground floor as a specific point .
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I want to meet you all. 😭
    Especially Durga & Ramani Sir (since ages) 😳
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hmm.. AKD we can have another meet one may be bigger and better πŸ˜€ sometime this year
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    So is it fixed at next saturday at KFC in Forum mall, Kormangla?

What time?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    can I join you guys ar 7 pm?
  • manishks
    manishks
    all right i am ready!! next sunday, kfc, forum mall!...
    durga
    can I join you guys ar 7 pm?
    but it takes a lot of time to reach there..cant we meet before 7 pm...else i wont be able to reach my hostel in time!!!πŸ˜”
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    musicfreakmandy
    all right i am ready!! next sunday, kfc, forum mall!...
    but it takes a lot of time to reach there..cant we meet before 7 pm...else i wont be able to reach my hostel in time!!!πŸ˜”
    You guys decide the time as 6pm. Everyone will try to reach as early as possible.
    😁
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    wait...we need to first see where everyone resides, choose a point close to everyone.
    Ok people - I will start

I am put up at HSR layout

This exercise shoudl help us centre upon a closer location to most of the people
  • manishks
    manishks
    durga
    wait...we need to first see where everyone resides, choose a point close to everyone.
    Ok people - I will start

I am put up at HSR layout

This exercise shoudl help us centre upon a closer location to most of the people
    I am in Jallahalli!!πŸ˜€...
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I'm staying close to Old airport road.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ok, I have no idea where Jallahalli is πŸ˜” (how far is this place from Koramangala??) sorry about that, but seeing S location Forum is good till now. Once place is decided, we will fix a suitable timing ,,
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    MFM will take a l..o..n..g time to reach K'Mangala from J'Halli. Saturday eve traffic can be very bad at times.
  • manishks
    manishks
    bioramani
    MFM will take a l..o..n..g time to reach K'Mangala from J'Halli. Saturday eve traffic can be very bad at times.
    yes...thank you sir...but i can manage if we meet before 3pm...but then durga wont be able to make it..isnt it???
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hmm.. Its fine. we will have it at time convenient for most of the people attending meeting. Rest of us can try squeeze in
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Great going! πŸ‘ πŸ˜€
  • manishks
    manishks
    So whats the plan..please someone tell the finalised venue and time...we have 5 days left.
  • manishks
    manishks
    So whats the plan..please someone tell the finalised venue and time...we have 5 days left.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    If you guys decide a final date, time and venue.. we can possibly put up a notice on that day or a day before that CE meet is happening in Bengaluru.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    What's the status of the Meet? Is it happening?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    May be it can be in Forum Mall at 5pm. if my shift allows I can join you guys at 5 pm else by 6 30pm.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Ok, cool! So the Meet is taking place this Saturday, i.e. the 11th of Feb ?

Can everybody who is coming for the Meet confirm again?
    And what about the Agenda?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Folks, I have started an event and enabled RSVP, please confirm your attendance and let your friends in Bangalore know about it as soon as possible.
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Hey, what happened about this event? Any updates posted in some other thread?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @ ET : It did not happen.
    Nevertheless, are we ready for another meet ? I mean a preplanned well organiseed meet>??
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    #-Link-Snipped-# Always πŸ˜€
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    So, the meet has not happened yet?????????
    May be we can do it by the end of this month. May be a weekend, so that many can be available for the meet. #-Link-Snipped-# Can this be done???
  • Bashiruddin Naik
    Bashiruddin Naik
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# Still Waiting!!??
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Prashant, ET and myself did catch up for an eveneing. We had uploaded snaps as well πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi everyone.. I need a simulation software that can be used to design RF modules. Especially my circuit consists of a 2.4ghz transmitter, patch antennas, a rectifying circuit with schottky...
MIT, the mecca of engineering has developed world's fastest camera - and it can capture a slow motion video of the light passing through the bottle. The whole project is...
How if we start some awards for half yearly or yearly. Like. . . . . Electrical and Electronics Engineer of 2011 Computer Engineer of 2011 and so on. ....
sir, plz provide me some information about erp and virtual classrom system
If----- Duration of trial of boiler is 16 hrs. Total heating surface is 3000 m[sup]2[/sup]. Total grate area is 4 m[sup]2[/sup]. Mean absolute pressure is 12.5 bar. Total coal burned...