CE Media Kit: The documentation squad

The documentation squad will be responsible for coming up with PDfs to be included in our CE Media Kit.

Remember folks, our ultimate aim is to have CE Media Kit size to be under 1MB.

Here are few guidelines for the CE documentations PDfs. In this thread, we will brainstorm over -

1. How many PDFs should be included. [Status: Undecided]
  2. What should each PDF contain (topics, sections). [Status: Undecided]
  3. Overall structure & length of each PDF. [Status: Undecided]
  4. Font, Color Scheme to be followed throughout the documents. [Status: Undecided]
Remember, we are aiming to create world's awesomest PDF ever. So make your great brain think hard.

I will update the status in the first post (this post) as soon as we freeze the items.

First decision to be taken:

1. How many PDFs & What Should Each PDF contain?

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ah.. if you intend to have things like logos, posters, etc in this kit, perhaps we can add other extensions like psd, svg, etc?
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    1st PDF- Rules, About CE core team
    2nd PDF- How to's [Post a new thread, use the PM,VM etc.,]
    3rd PDF- Text Editor Options
    4th PDF-CE Labs

Discipline oriented,
    1st- CS best threads,
    2nd-Mech & Auto best threads,
    3rd-ECE, etc.,
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    i think we can add maximum 5 pdfs not more than that.

and ms_cs your suggestion is good i am with you man. 😁
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    If maximum 5 pdfs means, In the fifth pdf we can add the sticky threads,and that thread should possess all the good threads links.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Including a separate pdf to mention trade specific threads might not be a very good option, provided we have to keep the size to minimum.

Those threads can be included as examples.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    So, 4 PDFs ? Whether Your first question is answered now ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes - if everyone agrees.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I agree with 4 or 5 pdfs.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    godfather
    I agree with 4 or 5 pdfs.
    Thank you GF,

I think, If images are used means, the length of the PDF goes beyond the 1MB.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ms_cs
    Thank you GF,

I think, If images are used means, the length of the PDF goes beyond the 1MB.
    well if we use minimum images then we can target 1 MB easily like There is very less images used in CE-Resume document although it is very attractive.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looks like this project has come to a halt without me ( 😉 ). I'll be back with something better soon. Currently 100% occupied with urgent projects.
  • gohm
    gohm
    If it is a media kit than one file should be a catchy graphic with CE logo and website address. Another should be a document with a bio & mission statement on the website with maybe a simple graphic/pic or two.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello people, I'm a new user of Simulink. i wrote an algo' for pupil detection in matlab, now i want to convert this code to simulink code because i want...
Hello people, i'm working on simulink with real time camera, i wrote embedded matlab code with loops that run's on the frame matrix and this makes a delay in my...
Learning a foreign language is not just a hobby anymore. Needless to say, It’s got more benefits than ever. Here's bringing you a simple way of learning Basics of Japanese....
I am BACK !!! with another series of Can You Design: This time its differnt then las times... you need not to jump into technicalities. All of us live in...
CEans, Let's finalize this one as soon as possible. We'll need a general agenda for our CE City Meets. So share your ideas on what do you expect from CE...