CE Fun Da Mentals

Gaurav Talks! -
Hello CEans!

The purpose of this article is to help all the new OR dormant CEans who may have been actively viewing the forums but just not gone ahead with the posting business. Let me hereby help you to clear all your doubts related to posting business.

Let’s start from absolute zero i.e. the basics. The foremost and the most important thing is that one needs to be logged in with a registered user ID to be able to go ahead with any activity related to putting forth his/her views on the forum. This activity could be related to starting a new thread, replying to a post in an existing thread, replying with other user’s quote embedded in your post.

Starting a new thread

Navigate to the CrazyEngineers Forum page from the CE portal (HomePage). The CE-Forums link is displayed on the CE Home Page just above the login panel.

The different Sub-Forums with their brief description are displayed on the CrazyEngineers Forum page under different heads. Navigate to the appropriate Sub-Forum depending on the thread you want to start. E.g. A thread related to Electronics Engineering concepts should be started in Technical Discussions Sub-Forum under CE: Discussion Corner heading.

There could be further Mini-forums under the different Sub-Forums. A thread could either be started in the Sub-Forum OR the Mini-forum. Use sound judgement to place your thread under the most appropriate and relevant sub-forum OR mini-forum. If any topic of discussion is contextually broad enough, a separate mini-forum could be created for it. Obviously the admin reserves the right for this. Direct your queries to the admin in such cases. Make sure you don’t spam.

Once you are decided with where you want to start the thread, click on the button with ‘NEW’ as the caption. This will navigate you to the Post New Thread Page. Give suitable title to the thread, post your message and submit the thread.

E.g. If I start a thread titled Digital Signal Processing, its typical navigation path would look like -

CrazyEngineers Forum > CE: Discussion Corner > Technical Discussions > Electrical and Electronics Engineering > Digital Signal Processing

Posting on an existing thread

If you simply wish to post your views on an existing thread, click on the Reply button located at the top OR bottom of the page. This will navigate you to the Reply to Thread Page. Enter an appropriate title for your post and submit the thread.

If you wish to reply to a specific post an existing thread and want to include that particular quote in your reply, click on the Quote button located at the end of that particular post. This will navigate you to the Reply to Thread Page with the specific quote/post embedded in the message body. Give suitable title to the thread, post your message below the embedded quote and submit the thread.

CE ranks

Depending on the quality of your posts and the value that you add to any discussion in the forum, different CE ranks would be awarded to you over a period of time. The different CE ranks in existence as of now are New CE Team Member, CE - Regular Team Member, CE - Value Adder, CE - Regular Contributor. Depending on the Administrator’s views along with feedback from the CEans, new special ranks may be introduced and awarded to the value adders on the forum.

Important Note: Before going ahead with the posting activity on the forum, it is recommended that you kindly go through the CE-Common Sense Guide. It will not take more than two minutes of your time but will certainly go a long way in keeping the forum clean and rich in content.

Wishing Happy posting to all CEans 😁

Cheers,
Gaurav
CE – Value Adder
CrazyEngineers
Your questions, concerns will be answered in this thread.

-The Big K-

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Lately, lot of new CEans have asked questions about how to post on CE. We have an article written by CEan - Gaurav which explains it in simple words. Posting here so that the article remains on top for some time 😀

-The Big K-
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I think this thread needs update. Biggie, Ash are you reading?

We need to add few things like quick reply and other features. Also it might be a good idea to introduce some of the sections here, especially the help section.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mayur, would you mind being regular on forums? Quick Reply is already there (at the bottom of every thread). Other features will be added in our next upgrade.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I know Mr. Big K and I'm using the feature quite often (even now). I was referring to the thread above by Gaurav.

It needs update.
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    hmm..keep it on ..till it ends...Mayur!😉

Anyways Biggie ...good post😁 ,for all new comers in CE to get a clear picture out of this,for what they are and can do in

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans! I'm totally excited to present the new theme for our forums 😁! The new theme uses "The Red Effect" ! Shout your opinion in the poll! Long Live CE...
CEans! This thread is dedicated to "Lateral Thinking" related discussions. Let us try to come up with simple answers to questions like - What is lateral thinking anyway? How does...
Hello CEans! We have a pretty good bunch of Chemical & Civil Engineers. Yet we do not have a dedicated sub-forums for these engineering trades. Before we introduce a section,...
Can u explain what is the effect on the KVA rating of a transformer when frequency is reduced (say 50 Hz to 25 Hz)......VOLATGE REMAINING CONSTANT......????
Hello CEans! I'm trying my hand at Harmonica! I doubt if we have anyone who plays harmonica! If you do, please share tips & tricks. The Basics, I mean 😁...