CE Forums Reorganization - Suggestions!

CEans,

We are about to complete 2 years of existence on the Internet (on 26th November 2007) & I think its high time we reorganize our beloved CE forum ๐Ÿ˜

Q. What are you talking about?

Big K: Well, reorganization of CE forums means we add/split the sections on CE forums so that the content is organized in a better way.

Q. So will there be new sections on CE?

Big K: Yes! I've been thinking of having a separate section for Project Related Ideas & Seminar Topics - there are 1000000s of engineering students who are looking for new ideas for their projects & seminars. New section will take care of such requests & will remove confusion about which is the appropriate section to post such queries.

Q. How about a Jobs section?

Big K: Yeh ๐Ÿ˜€ , we have a good number of engineers who are working in various engineering companies. They can post about the openings in their offices & it will benefit all those who are looking for jobs ๐Ÿ˜€ . Of course, I won't talk about the referral fees that you will earn for referring a 'Crazy' Engineer

Q. Can I post my own ideas?
Big K: Bah! Of Course! We rely on the wisdom of (crazy) crowd! ๐Ÿ˜

So, friends, waiting for your comments/ideas/suggestions!

-The Big K-

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yay, can't wait for it!

I was wondering, can the changes extend beyond the forums? Like, a place where we can upload things to?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Yay, can't wait for it!

I was wondering, can the changes extend beyond the forums? Like, a place where we can upload things to?
    Uploading option is good, but why upload directly on forum when we can upload somewhere else & put the link here ๐Ÿ˜‰ ?

Actually, we will introduce that feature in future. But no plans as of now. Right now the focus is to have forums restructured so that its less confusing to new members ๐Ÿ˜

So what do you think about a separate section for -

1. Project Ideas & Seminar topics
    2. Jobs & Careers
    3. Articles, Tutorials, etc.
    4. Merge our General Help & IT Help sections and form - "Help!" Section.
    5. Puzzles, Math, Quiz Section ๐Ÿ˜€
    6. Redefine the ' CE - InFocus ' section: It is actually a space to discuss latest news from the technology world.
    7. What to do with CE Higher Education Section? ( ideas? )

Your comments are needed! So post them!

-The Big K-
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    CEans,

Q. How about a Jobs section?

Big K: Yeh ๐Ÿ˜€ , we have a good number of engineers who are working in various engineering companies. They can post about the openings in their offices & it will benefit all those who are looking for jobs ๐Ÿ˜€ . Of course, I won't talk about the referral fees that you will earn for referring a 'Crazy' Engineer

Q. Can I post my own ideas?
    Big K: Bah! Of Course! We rely on the wisdom of (crazy) crowd! ๐Ÿ˜

So, friends, waiting for your comments/ideas/suggestions!

-The Big K-
    Nice Thinking .. Good going Biggi.

A few questions inline.
    How about a Jobs section?

Big K: Yeh ๐Ÿ˜€ , we have a good number of engineers who are working in various engineering companies. They can post about the openings in their offices & it will benefit all those who are looking for jobs ๐Ÿ˜€ .

CrazyBoy: As per I know CE rules says not to advertise any company or product. Posts about the openings, It will be tough to take care of that rule. Do correct me If I am wrong?

How About a higher education section separately (For CAT, GMAT..GRE etc)?

--Crazy Boy

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CEans,

Few ideas that have struck my mind lately -
    1. I think we should merge the CE-IT Help Section with Computer Science sections. Most of the IT related problems are typically posted under computer sciences section. It makes no sense to have a separate IT section.

2. Moreover, we can create a new section out of CE Higher Education section called "Careers, Higher Education, Jobs" section.

3. Separate section for Engineers who are entrepreneurs or want to start their own venture. Do you think such a section will be useful? Shall we rename the CE - Finance section to Entrepreneurship & Finance (makes sense?)

4. Merge Blogs section with Chillax-Chit Chat section.

Any suggestions?

-The Big K-
  • Elisa
    Elisa
    Go for it, K!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

(Source: email forwarded by my friend ๐Ÿ˜ ) Copy-Pasted text- Four men and four women are shipwrecked on a desert island. Eventually each one falls in love with one another,...
how to install linux plz tell me?
hi Can any one please suggest me efficient and successful simulator for FreeRTOS.
Hello I wonder if some can help me ? https://pia.khe.siemens.com/index.aspx?Nr=14278 I have an Siemens T35 terminal and Iยดm newbie in programming. Is there any one that help me do a...
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Fellas, I'll be attending an outbound training on 22nd of this month. We want a good name for our team! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Please suggest good name for our team! ๐Ÿ˜...