CE Forums on AllTop.com - discussions!

Discuss the following announcement in this thread!

#-Link-Snipped-#

😁😁

Replies

• Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    This is great news. Surely this is going to drive lot of traffic to CE. Cheers!

Interestingly the latest threads automatically get rolled up, so whatever good discussions we have will not attract much larger audience. 😁
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    wow! This is huge biggie!! Kudos to the CEans πŸ˜€

But with this you also have to realize that the mods have to work extra hard at removing spam, unsolicited content and other forms of rubbish from the forums.

Any conversions on the site through alltop?? What is the referral count from alltop??
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Also, I would appreciate it if the no. of feedreaders could be shared with us πŸ˜€
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Well I think it will take some time to get referrals as this development is very recent. But I agree that the mods have to now work extra hard.

By the way I observed, not all posts that are active or recent get listed. I wonder how do they filter. Is there a mechanism?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, this is no doubt a great achievement for CE. Recently techcrunch mentioned that Alltop has introduced Engineering as a new category. I sent a mail to AllTop and told them we've interviewed Guy Kawasaki πŸ˜‰ .

They checked our forums and though its indeed a nice place for engineers. I got a mail from the few hours back saying they are including CE in their directory & it will take some time for the traffic to develop. I'm expecting some good traffic from USA & Europe. πŸ˜€

Unfortunately, we do not have the number of feedreaders available with us. Also, we'll have to wait to get the data from analytics - few hours time is just not sufficient.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Oh yes, more traffic means more spam which in turn means more work for mods.

If we start getting more spam - we'll have more mods on forums.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Awesome stuff!

As long as there is (nearly) round the clock moderation, handling spam will be okay πŸ˜€
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Fast work biggie!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi guys....i'm back... i'm doing final year mechanical...... i have planned to do a project on the following.... We all know tat sound energy is one form of energy.... why...
Hello but i'm seriously noob! Diploma Level from Singapore.
Hello there, I have some electronic devices which I need advice/suggestion on where I might be able to find people who are interested. My dad's friend had them for his...

Lcd

Hi,everyone! Hope you everything goes well! I am Ivy Wei from Shenzhen,China,work in Thingwell Electronics Internatioanl Co.,Ltd (ThingWell International Limited Company), Hope that can be friend with all of you....
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii this is my first post. HEllo to all😎