CE Code site created!

I have created a new Google Site for CE Code
#-Link-Snipped-#

Mainly for:
  • Programing beginner tutorials. No particular programing language, just the basics:
    • How to think like a programmer
    • Slicing complicated problems
    • Writing pseudo code
    • Flowcharts
    • Specifics on Object Oriented Blah
  • Language specific starting guide, simple and short.
  • MAIN CONTENT:
    • Programing competitions and results!
    • Discussion on ways to do this and that... compact ways, specific programming in engineering
    • Improve code. A given code snippet has to be improved, optimized, same point as above ๐Ÿ˜€
Biggie, if you have any reservations against this please please tell!! We can remove this Ce site or improve it according to others.

A copy of this thread is posted on Computer Engineering section.

===EDIT===
I removed the above "cecode" from Google Pages and constructed a Google Code page (like Sourceforge).

As for publishing our own software like CE-IM or CE-something....we can use sourceforge OR Google Code.

I have made a test Google code page which has:

1. Main Project page
2. Download section
3. A Wiki section
4. Issue tracking or bug tracking
5. Source Code display
6. Developers

A file is uploaded. Download it for a surprise! [โ€‹IMG] It is a CE Installation package to distribute our future programs.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Wow, good initiative bro!

But remember, only those with a "CE Mail" account can log in and comment (or upload). Other than that, anyone can still download stuff. Google Sites has 10 GB of storage per domain ๐Ÿ˜‰

In the long run, perhaps its better to use a wiki that uses our CE Forum accounts. MediaWiki can be integrated with vBulletin pretty well.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    The problem with wiki is its a headache editing it! I tried it once and the editing in NOT WYSIWYG. We can still try it and see if any editors have come out yet. There wasnt any before. Lets see ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I echo Ash's views. This is interesting stuff xHx.

Although I have not seen Mediawiki and the editor, I feel the site might have to be integrated with the forum some time down the line. And we will need to think about problem we might face that time around.

By the way, this can turn out to be a BIG training ground for all those who keep shouting on the forum for mini projects.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Reservations? No way! This is great ! [โ€‹IMG]

I'll try to move this onto our own dedicated URL, possibly under CE-Labs. But again, this needs some tweaks.

Let's keep adding content. Let's ask CEans to contribute to the CE Code. I hope we'll get really good content over there.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Guys, you can try out MediaWiki here ๐Ÿ˜€
    #-Link-Snipped-#

There are other wikis to use.. I'm trying out PmWiki as its simple and useful to be integrated into a website that doesnt have MySQL, but MediaWiki is good for our purposes because it can integrate with CE Forum accounts! (that is, the vBulletin forum system), and is the same system that Wikipedia uses ๐Ÿ˜€

Its not THAT bad, xhx! Basic buttons here and there, but its very easy to add content. Try out the demo, and click the [edit] tag to add something!
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Yea, hehe, wiki has changed, its looks easier now with the basic buttons.

ash, ok, I get it now, you mean this can easily be integrated with the CE website and the Vbullient! That will be very very useful with all the things we need permanent and easily accessible by anyone who is a CE member. Yeaaa, wiki is fast and clean too.

You know why I was thinking Google site again? Its got this amazing file storage where we can publish our CE Code programs like the messenger files for compilation and other user created programs! That was the main and only reason. Take a look at the present file cabinet there...got good tuts on Python for now.

If we can find another way to store stuff on CE server (can it be private server in future?๐Ÿ˜›) and have it easily linked to CEwiki then awesome, if you got time look for it. (Something like sorceforge you know)

And true this! lol :
    By the way, this can turn out to be a BIG training ground for all those who keep shouting on the forum for mini projects.
    EDIT----OOOH yea, if we have wiki on CE server then file storage will also be on CE server!! --- coolll Ash! ๐Ÿ˜€

Ok, so can you think of a good interface from wiki to files? Or just simple link?? Man, that was good thinking I just realized it. So we gotta also compare 10GB of Google site and Biggies, server storage space! ๐Ÿ˜€ free or paid or something...
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I'm liking the direction of this! Do you know with our own wiki, we can be another "wikipedia", but specifically for engineering content! Besides codes, we can place engineering definitions, formulas, etc. Thats a possible CE Project for the future. The good thing about it is that any CE member can add content to it whenever they like, so it can be on going ๐Ÿ˜€

https://wiki.crazyengineers.com
    that sounds good ๐Ÿ˜‰

In the meantime, we'll focus on our present projects (CE Bot, CE: IM and now CE Code). I'll be finished with exams next week, and I've got a 2 week break to focus on those projects. .starting with CE Bot, which I've been neglecting for a while, haha.

Fileden is a good file host to use for directlinking big files.. the free account has 1GB of space. Im thinking of using it for the screencasting, because I want to have a bigger screen size than the one youtube provides (its too small!)
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Yea, wiki.crazyengineers.com will be good ๐Ÿ˜€ That will be really usefull for those pesky questions on seminar topics and collecting our tutorial list (which we should be increasing) and other specific things.

As for file hosting, Fileden would be good for all the files if it does not remove them automaticly after no-use of some months. Other option which we anyway will have would be our own CE server (where biggie has hosted this forum...i guess has a minimum of 5GB).

And for your screen casts, yea better to use something else then youtube. Also check Google vids(kinda larger size) if we have problems streaming live from Fileden.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Ok, I was thinking, and am planning to remove cecode on Google Site because we dont need writing and plus uploading more than uploading .exe files...Google Site does not allow uploading .exe files ๐Ÿ˜”

So for written material and related editorial we can have wiki included with CE.

As for publishing our own software like CE-IM or CE-something....we can use sourceforge OR Google Code.

I have made a test Google code page which has:

1. Main Project page
    2. Download section
    3. A Wiki section
    4. Issue tracking or bug tracking
    5. Source Code display
    6. Developers

A file is uploaded. Download it for a surprise! ๐Ÿ˜€ It is a CE Installation package to distribute our program.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Give feedback!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hey, thats impressive! Great work xhx! That place is perfect for coding stuff and adding the related info at the wiki. *looks to see if Biggie is around* Psst.. don't you agree Google is so innovative!

I downloaded the program, but can't run it from the library computers at Uni (need admin privilleges etc). I'll do so once I get back home later today. Can't wait to test out the parrot stuff! Perhaps we should attempt to code the solutions for most of the mathematical quizzes here. That'll be great practice! (and an activity to do for CEans ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

Oh, how do we join the place btw? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Man, I gotta figure out the developers thing....

I just created it as a test so I will invite many people. But the person who is making a particular software for CE will (should) create his/her own GCode and invite other developers. I donno, lets see how this one goes...I will invite others now.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    A new test software has been released! Some more surprises in it ๐Ÿ˜‰

#-Link-Snipped-#

Text2Hear. Old concept, stupid name, but fun application ๐Ÿ˜€

Try it out:

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have created a new Google Site for CE Code https://sites.google.com/a/crazyengineers.com/cecode/ Mainly for: Programing beginner tutorials. No particular programing language, just the basics: How to think like a programmer Slicing...
Hello! Is it able to make your own blocks for DasyLab using C++ tools and import them in DasyLab. (DasyLab is a tool for signal acquisition)
Hi, Cant locate a thread on mobile software developers yet... so thought of starting one...๐Ÿ˜Ž I am working on symbian mobile (I have n95 to install all the crazy sis...
i had completed my B-tech 2nd year and i like to do a project basing defence any can give me some idea on the companies which provied the opportunity for...
hi everyone.i need a small help in C. i want to know if there can be a socket which is a blocking one.just the syntax and header files necessary.something like...