CE Bengaluru Meet, July 2012 at Bangalore, karnataka on Jul 29, 2012

Hello CEans!

The CE Bengaluru meet 2012 is being planned to be held during July.
We are setting a flexible date between 15th and 25th.

More details will be updated as discussions progress.
RSVP your presence ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thanks #-Link-Snipped-# Let us decide a date from any of the two weekends that fall between 15th and 25th July.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Have a proper agenda for the meet. Should be a little more than just a casual meet, I think.
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Yes. People, place your votes on either 16th-17th or 23rd-24th

Personally I'd prefer the earlier date ๐Ÿ˜
    But let the choice of date be one that supports maximum participation!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Great initiative! All the best for meet.
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Good Luck for the meet guys... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Any weekend is fine. But it's better if it is in the evening, (after 1 PM) since I might have some things to be done in the morning.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yup the timing can be 4 pm onwards. We need more CEans from Bangalore. If anyone of you know any CEans from Bangalore, please tag them here.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I am tagging the super heros of Hyd meet, The Avengers ๐Ÿ˜€

#-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Forgot to include #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Reya
    Reya
    Tagging few CEans from bangalore.

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    If it's anytime around 15th July, I can come! After 20th it shall be too tedious for me!
  • Reya
    Reya
    The same goes for me. I won't be able to attend if it is after 20th.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We have two options -> 14th and 15th
    or 21st and 22nd.
    I think we should plan a two-day activity for all CEans joining in.

Let us take votes from most CEans and decide a date first.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    English-Scared
    I am tagging the super heros of Hyd meet, The Avengers ๐Ÿ˜€
    #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
    I will try my best to attend the meet, But I can't say anything right now.
    Hafta see with my work.
    And its good if the meet is on sunday.
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    We can always move the main part of the meet to a sunday. And plan two-day activities including the CEans who can reach early in the weekend ๐Ÿ˜€
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    I'll be visiting Bangalore for some work 1st week of July onwards and staying almost the entire month. I'll try to attend the meet and get in a few people too.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thats great. Think up ideas for spending quality time with CEans and post them here. #-Link-Snipped-# what do you suggest?
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thats just great! ๐Ÿ˜€ Ask everyone to RSVP yes.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    , i was thinking .. may be sunday and monday??
    monday- we can visit few local engineering colleges for promotion of CE? may be we could borrow like 30 mins of the class and introduce them to CE?
    (can this be called an agenda???)
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    But Monday leave for many people might be difficult! My manager is ready to kill me now for the number of leaves I took in last 6 months ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    English-Scared
    But Monday leave for many people might be difficult! My manager is ready to kill me now for the number of leaves I took in last 6 months ๐Ÿ˜€
    Very same here.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    when can we get the confirmed dates? Need to apply leaves ๐Ÿ˜› or start saying some stories.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Why have #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# RSVPd 'Maybe'? ๐Ÿ˜จ
    Also, we want a word from you #-Link-Snipped-#

Dates can be confirmed only when a majority of CEans from Bangalore agree to attend. Else we will have to postpone the meet.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Dear AKD,
    I have a roving commission. There is no guarantee that I would be in town on any given day. I would love to attend at least for a part of the event. I will have to take a rain check. I shall keep track of the developments and turn up if I am in town.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    AbraKaDabra
    Why have #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# RSVPd 'Maybe'? ๐Ÿ˜จ
    Also, we want a word from you #-Link-Snipped-#

Dates can be confirmed only when a majority of CEans from Bangalore agree to attend. Else we will have to postpone the meet.
    As I said, I would be able to attend if the meet is in the evening. I'm quite held up in the mornings on both Saturday and Sunday. That is the only thing to be confirmed. Otherwise, I'm free in the weekend, and will be able to attend.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    silverscorpion
    As I said, I would be able to attend if the meet is in the evening. I'm quite held up in the mornings on both Saturday and Sunday. That is the only thing to be confirmed. Otherwise, I'm free in the weekend, and will be able to attend.
    The meet is DEFINITELY in the evening. ๐Ÿ‘ Day-long activities will be planned only if atleast 10 CEans turn up.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    AbraKaDabra
    The meet is DEFINITELY in the evening. ๐Ÿ‘ Day-
    long activities will be planned only if atleast 10 CEans turn up.
    Then you can count me in! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Reya
    Reya
    #-Link-Snipped-# The count will be 10, if all the CEans who RSVP'd as maybe turn up for the meet.
  • Reya
    Reya
    #-Link-Snipped-# Confirm your presence there.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Hmm.. Confirmed!!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    may be -- because I want to be, but I dont know if I can be :-s.
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    AbraKaDabra
    Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thanks for the tag, an yes I can attend if its on 14th or 15th evening.
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    durga
    , i was thinking .. may be sunday and monday??
    monday- we can visit few local engineering colleges for promotion of CE? may be we could borrow like 30 mins of the class and introduce them to CE?
    (can this be called an agenda???)
    That would be great, but i dont think many will be free on Monday ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Is the date confirmed? any updates here?
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Folks, according to the date suggestions in the replies, what about focusing on 14th-15th.
    Those who might be having issues with the above weekend please reply.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    If there are not sufficient people on any of these days, we can postpone the meet by a few weeks.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    yeah, lets say that the dates are 14th and 15th and see who all will turn up.

If the head count is less lets postpone this meet to next month or next possible date for a huge number.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    14th and 15th is fine for me. Who else is in?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    14th and 15th I am IN ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    Me, I'm In ๐Ÿ˜€
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Everyone, do comment on this date.
    Those who can't, please do specify a convenient time (may be weeks later as AKD said) when they can attend.

A complete info will help us to plan out things better ๐Ÿ˜€
    BTW I'm okay with virtually any weekend ! (as long as I'll be in Bengaluru then, and no unexpected appointment comes up)

PS: What about putting up an excel sheet in google docs where interested CEans can express their date suggestions/convenience in a better way?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like we don't have many 'active' CEans from Bangalore right now.
    #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# what to do? We can still conduct the meet, if most of you agree to turn up there.
    or should we postpone the meet?
  • sookie
    sookie
    #-Link-Snipped-# Please notify me once if there is any Delhi/NCR meet. Thanks!!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    sookie
    #-Link-Snipped-# Please notify me once if there is any Delhi/NCR meet. Thanks!!
    Will do. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    AbraKaDabra
    Looks like we don't have many 'active' CEans from Bangalore right now.
    #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# what to do? We can still conduct the meet, if most of you agree to turn up there.
    or should we postpone the meet?
    I'll confirm my availability.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The list of people who are ready for the meet are more or less the people who attended the HYD meet.
    So, Do it really make sense if we meet again at Banglore?

Since , I see after the meet the people who attended the meet are regular here (Especially myself) so I would say we need few people or majority of the people from Banglore so that we can have them active again.

Lets see for few more days, if anyone from Banglore could turn up.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    If I am in shift then its an issue. unless our roaster gets generated i cant promise. I will let you guys know by july 1 .
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Lets say if we have 5 members from Banglore we will meet ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    And, Can #-Link-Snipped-# make to this meet?
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    ^ I too would like to meet him ๐Ÿ˜€

I cannot say anything for sure at the moment. As of now, I cannnot meet you guys on or before 15th~16th July. Even afterwards I cannot guarantee my participation as it would depend on my work that am going there for. Even so, I would try my best to be present ๐Ÿ˜€
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Google+ Hangout for us who cannot be present physically. One person can bring the laptop and we can set up the meet through Google+ account of CE, if CE has one.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Yes. We did get godfather and Biggie on video call in the Hyderabad meetup.
    So, what say guys, should I book the tickets for Bangalore for a weekend? Please speak up, so that we can have most members attend.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Guys confirm your presence here by the end of this week. People will start booking tickets ๐Ÿ˜€
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Yes, let the head count begin ๐Ÿ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    i will definlty confirm by this weekend. Thats when raoster for july will be rolled out
  • Reya
    Reya
    So, CEans who are willing to join the meet via Google+ Hangout should RSVP as "Yes" there?

#-Link-Snipped-# You gonna join in Google+ hangout?
  • Reya
    Reya
    I would like to mention that only 9 people can join in Google + Hangout.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Let us know about your presence.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    As I said, I'm completely fine with 14th/15th, as long as it's in the evening. The next weekend (10th/21st) will also work for me. I'm available on any weekend.. Who else's presence is confirmed? So, what say we fix a date and place?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think most people are ready for 15th only. Thats too early. Anyway, I will find out ways to reach there.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# The headcount will be -
    Myself, you, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# and if possible we can travel to be where #-Link-Snipped-# is. I don't want to miss this opportunity to meet every active CEan from Bangalore.

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# you guys please confirm soon. Will book the tickets for 14th and 15th July.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    My 'Maybe' has changed to 'Yes'! ๐Ÿ˜€ I'm definitely coming.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    #-Link-Snipped-# Can you give me the Google+ details? I have been out of touch for a while and who will be the invitee etc. Biggie, has me in his circle do I need to add someone else too?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    15th is so early. Anyways will confirm in 2 days.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Sada
    15th is so early. Anyways will confirm in 2 days.
    I have no idea why we are not going for 21st and 22nd July. The third weekend of the month.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    AbraKaDabra
    I have no idea why we are not going for 21st and 22nd July. The third weekend of the month.
    Yes 15th is very early, I think we don't even get the tickets. Have to book at least before a month.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Sada
    Yes 15th is very early, I think we don't even get the tickets. Have to book at least before a month.
    #-Link-Snipped-# we can work out that. We wil come to hyderabad and then we can drive from there to bangalore. No need of reservations then. But still, if 22nd is fine with most people, lets go for it.
  • Reya
    Reya
    I cannot confirm my participation right now. Bangalore is just 3.30 hrs from my hometown. I will try my best to attend the meet. If not, I will join you people in Google+ Hangout.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    AbraKaDabra
    #-Link-Snipped-# we can work out that. We wil come to hyderabad and then we can drive from there to bangalore. No need of reservations then. But still, if 22nd is fine with most people, lets go for it.
    This is a fantastic option ๐Ÿ˜€

To me guys, all weekends I have to be at office in July and August. So if we confirm any weekend I will inform that I will not be coming ๐Ÿ˜€

I am YES for the meet!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Great. I am changing the date of meet to 22nd July, Sunday.
    We will try to be on Bangalore on 21st and 22nd.
    #-Link-Snipped-# I leave it on you to decide upon an agenda for the two days.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Also, let us put up a notice of the meet for a week in July, so that more CEans from Bangalore get to know about the meet.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Now its confirmed on 21st and 22nd ๐Ÿ˜€ Nice. I will do my arrangements ๐Ÿ˜€
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Everything seems to be going great!

The idea of 15th came up just because some date had to be (almost) confirmed to get the opinion from the people ๐Ÿ˜
    So let us draw the conclusion on the date: the weekend of 21st and 22nd

Everyone, start planning your travel for this weekend, and those who are still tentative try to confirm soon ๐Ÿ˜€

We will keep the main meeting on 22nd I guess?
    Will plan out rest of the agenda with #-Link-Snipped-# !

PS: Everyone who will be coming please RSVP as Yes as soon as you are sure!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    So finally the date has fixed. Will look in to it and I will confirm my presence in 2 days.
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    22nd is also fine with me. In fact any weekend was fine!
    Looking forward to it ๐Ÿ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Ok, 21st/22nd it is.

Now about the place.. People from Bangalore update your locations. I'm staying near old airport road. If the locations of those attending the meet are known, we can fix a place easily accessible to everyone.
  • Reya
    Reya
    #-Link-Snipped-# I am not sure of the CEans who will be joining the meet in Google+ Hangout. Add Ankita Katdare to your circle. She is the invitee.
    I may join the google+ Hangout if I'm not attending.

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# Will you be able to join in Google+ Hangout?
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    silverscorpion
    Ok, 21st/22nd it is.

Now about the place.. People from Bangalore update your locations. I'm staying near old airport road. If the locations of those attending the meet are known, we can fix a place easily accessible to everyone.
    I stay in Vidyaranyapura near to Yelahanka. On what criteria would the place be decided????
    Is any of the mall okay????? If that is the case then i would like to suggest the new ORION mall, near the WORLD TRADE CENTER . Its really great.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    We need a quiet place, last time at hyd the coffee day was quiet for sometime after that a big group came and it was noisy. We need a place which is calm and mall is a big NO ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    English-Scared
    We need a quiet place, last time at hyd the coffee day was quiet for sometime after that a big group came and it was noisy. We need a place which is calm and mall is a big NO ๐Ÿ˜€
    +1.
    And we need to fix an agenda. We can surely have a good discussion about CE. But apart from that, I think CEans from Bangalore should arrange some group activity. CE meet should be memorable to everyone.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    #-Link-Snipped-#: wokay. but as I said before give me time till this weekend.

..and I am put up at hsr layout near silkboard that is.. the only nearest place I can think of is Koramangala.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    #-Link-Snipped-# since the dates have been pushed back I can still try to manage my schedule up for the meet. I have important engagements on 15-16th july so made a 'no' to rsvp.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    ๐Ÿ˜ณ
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Mr.Don
    ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    If you want to join, you can ๐Ÿ˜›
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    Reya
    #-Link-Snipped-# I am not sure of the CEans who will be joining the meet in Google+ Hangout. Add Ankita Katdare to your circle. She is the invitee.

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# Will you be able to join in Google+ Hangout?
    If i am not able to make it to Bangalore then i will surely make it to Google + hangout at least...
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    cooltwins
    If i am not able to make it to Bangalore then i will surely make it to Google + hangout at least...
    It would be great if you can turn up. You can RSVP May Be and change it to a 'yes' soon. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    #-Link-Snipped-# sure will try ๐Ÿ˜€ I so want to meet you all ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Sada
    If you want to join, you can ๐Ÿ˜›
    I'll be in Chennai at this part of time. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I'm not able to make this time. Very tight schedule.
  • Vignesh Raghav
    Vignesh Raghav
    Hi people ..pleasant morning โ˜• very well I can join from Google + hangout !!!
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    durga
    #-Link-Snipped-#: wokay. but as I said before give me time till this weekend.

..and I am put up at hsr layout near silkboard that is.. the only nearest place I can think of is Koramangala.
    Koramangala is very good indeed. Do you know of any place there, where we can have the meet?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Mr.Don
    I'll be in Chennai at this part of time. ๐Ÿ˜
    Reya said it's just 3.5 hours from Chennai to Bangalore, You can try it out if you really want.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Sada
    Reya said it's just 3.5 hours from Chennai to Bangalore, You can try it out if you really want.
    That is three and a half hours from Chennai city limits to Bangalore city limits. Usually one hour at each end is needed to negotiate traffic snarls. Unless you are on on a high power Monster bike (and you are a Don).
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    If #-Link-Snipped-# sir comes, I will try to attend too!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    @GF : This is not acceptable ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I may not be in India at that time.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    bioramani
    That means an opportunity is missed by all of us.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I am the loser.
  • Reya
    Reya
    #-Link-Snipped-# I told that my home town is just 3.30 hrs from Bangalore. Chennai is not my hometown. Katpadi, Vellore is my hometown. It's impossible to reach bangalore in 3.30 hrs from chennai.
  • Reya
    Reya
    #-Link-Snipped-# Sir, Is it possible for you to join us in Google+ Hangout? We would love to have a conversation with you.
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    bioramani
    I am the loser.
    We are!!!!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Reya
    #-Link-Snipped-# I told that my home town is just 3.30 hrs from Bangalore. Chennai is not my hometown. Katpadi, Vellore is my hometown. It's impossible to reach bangalore in 3.30 hrs from chennai.
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Oh!I was mistaken ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Adivy
    Adivy
    Its been a long time since I logged in and as I see there's a meet going to happen.So I am in๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Adivy
    Its been a long time since I logged in and as I see there's a meet going to happen.So I am in๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
    We've had a meet at Hyderabad on June 9 ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Adivy
    Awesome. Stay connected, so that you know the updates.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    i wotn be able to make it on 14/15 july . I am in second shift.
    on 21. 22 I can.. i will be working in night shift
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    durga
    i wotn be able to make it on 14/15 july . I am in second shift.
    on 21. 22 I can.. i will be working in night shift
    Awesomesauce. 21-22 it is. Talking to other outsiders about reservations. Once done, I will update here.
    You and et, decide an agenda and post it here. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I am In as I already told. Depending on the number of people come with me I will decide whether to book tickets or not ๐Ÿ˜€

And I am not worried about not getting tickets , any bus will do ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Still don't know whether I can or not ๐Ÿ˜”
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I Just saw #-Link-Snipped-# online. it woulkd be great if he can come. he was a old cean and anyone who wants to know about himc an read his posts.
  • Reya
    Reya
    Hello CEans,

Can we postpone the meet to 29th? CEans who can't attend the meet on 22nd(3rd sunday) are comfortable with fourth weekend i.e on 29th-sunday. Fourth saturday is a holiday for them. They don't need to take leave on saturday.Even I cant attend the meet if it is on 22nd. I can turn up for the meet only if it is on 29th. I want to meet you all. What do you say CEans? DO you guys have any objection ?

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I dont have any objection ๐Ÿ˜€ I am ok with any weekend.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    But lets see what others say, we need to go with the Majority always rite?
  • Reya
    Reya
    English-Scared
    But lets see what others say, we need to go with the Majority always rite?
    Yeah ๐Ÿ˜€ That's why I tagged everyone to know their opinion about postponing the meet.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Reya
    Hello CEans,

Can we postpone the meet to 29th? CEans who can't attend the meet on 22nd(3rd sunday) are comfortable with fourth weekend i.e on 29th-sunday. Fourth saturday is a holiday for them. They don't need to take leave on saturday.Even I cant attend the meet if it is on 22nd. I can turn up for the meet only if it is on 29th. I want to meet you all. What do you say CEans? DO you guys have any objection ?

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
    I am in for 29th! ๐Ÿ‘
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Reya

I guess I could, though my upload bandwidth is a little slow ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Reya
    Reya
    ash
    I guess I could, though my upload bandwidth is a little slow ๐Ÿ˜›
    Whoa! That's nice. We will converse with all the moderators and this Bangalore meet is going to be awesome and exciting than Hyderabad meet๐Ÿ‘

#-Link-Snipped-# you can add #-Link-Snipped-# in your Google+ circle. She is the invitee.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Reya
    Whoa! That's nice. We will converse with all the moderators and this Bangalore meet is going to be awesome and exciting than Hyderabad meet๐Ÿ‘

#-Link-Snipped-# you can add #-Link-Snipped-# in your Google+ circle. She is the invitee.
    Alrighty, I think done, lol. Google+ interface is quite confusing ๐Ÿ˜‰ AKD, please take note!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Guys, I hope 29th in confirmed. I will change the first post then. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Reya
    Reya
    #-Link-Snipped-# I just want a word from #-Link-Snipped-#. If she is not comfortable with 29th i.e on sunday I can't turn up for the meet.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Hmm.. Postpone a few more weeks and I might not be in Bangalore then.. ๐Ÿ˜’ ๐Ÿ˜ I'm ok with any weekend until mid August or so, but please confirm soon.
  • Reya
    Reya
    silverscorpion
    Hmm.. Postpone a few more weeks and I might not be in Bangalore then.. ๐Ÿ˜’ ๐Ÿ˜ I'm ok with any weekend until mid August or so, but please confirm soon.
    Waiting for #-Link-Snipped-# to reply. If she can attend the meet on 29th, then the date will be fixed.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ok my shift as of now is 1st on sat and 3rd on sun. But I think there are already 9 people who have confirmed for 21/22nd . Please confirm with rest as well
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    Reya
    Hello CEans,

I am okay with any weekend until it is not beyond august....... ๐Ÿ˜€

Also, I am new to CE, and would love to attend this meet........ This will be my first one!!!!
  • Reya
    Reya
    So, I think the meet can be scheduled on 28th(saturday) of this month since everyone is comfortable with the date.

Guys, decide the venue and agenda of the meet soon.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Ok, if this is finalized then chance the announcement and lets confirm who all are coming once again. and Agenda and logistics ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    July 28th - Saturday is now FINAL. No changes will be made to this.
    The event above has been updated for the same. Hope to see many CEans there.
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    So the venue/agenda need to be planned only for Saturday afternoon to late evening right?
    I'm assuming that everybody plan to leave on Sunday morning..
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    eternalthinker
    So the venue/agenda need to be planned only for Saturday afternoon to late evening right?
    I'm assuming that everybody plan to leave on Sunday morning..
    Yup. That is the main time-span for agenda. Should anyone plan to stay on Sunday *with CEans*, that can be discussed later. ๐Ÿ‘
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    bioramani
    I guess then we are destined to meet in March next year!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    If CEans from Bangalore have decided a venue, please post the complete address here so that the first thread can be updated.
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Ankita, I have updated the venue (Cubbon Park) in the event map.

As Cubbon Park is a vast area, I'll be more specific.
    We're planning on the area near to Chinnaswamy stadium (See map).
    If you zoom in, you can see the smaller MG park beside the stadium.
    Our entrance will be around this part.

Now, even if we're deciding to change corner, I guess it won't be a problem since the venue is fixed ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    Cubbon park!!!!!!
    Okay.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Any reason why Cubbon park? Cubbon park is fine for me, but I guess, somewhere in this thread we were talking about Koramangala. Also, I believe Koramangala would be closer to some people, since they are staying nearby.
    #-Link-Snipped-# any comment on this..

And then, what about the agenda? What are we gonna do? Any tentative plans?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @ SS.
    Cubbon park is suitable for many reasons
    1. We wont be haing time restriction as what we have in cafes.
    2.Lesser noisy environment
    3. Its green

Later in the day, we could stroll to any nearest eatery and have dinner.

Agenda, still needs to be finalised yet
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Ok then, we can have it in Cubbon park. No problem.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Everyone attending the meet - How many of you can be available for 29th Morning in Bangalore?
    Depending on the number of people available, we can plan for a group activity (like hiking to a nearby place) on 29th morning. Everyone can be free by noon.

Waiting for immediate replies from -
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# and any other CEans interested.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    yes from my end.
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    May or May not come on 29th.
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Of course yes ๐Ÿ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I'm not free in the morning. ๐Ÿ˜”
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    not sure.
    I am now in first shifts till month end
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Yes I'm in ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Adivy
    Adivy
    I am also free in the morning.๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Guys, chances are that we won't be able to make it to the meet. No reservations available. We are trying to work out something, but chances seem too low.

If we can't make it, we will surely join-in on Google+ Hangout or Skype. So please make sure that you get internet working wherever the meet happens.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    what? can you people make it to Hyderabad at least ?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    ๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • Reya
    Reya
    #-Link-Snipped-# Why don't you book tatkal tickets? You can easily get it. It would be great if you and Ambarish join with us.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# Oh yes! We are planning for tatkal tickets. That is why I said "we are trying to work out something." Let us hope for best. I will post confirmation by 26th afternoon. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Reya
    Reya
    #-Link-Snipped-# My brother is working in Railways. I will ask him if he can do anything about the tickets.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    hmm... Wondering if flying is ruled out... ๐Ÿ˜’
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    We're really trying hard to get those Tatkal tickets.
    But if those are not available, we'll definitely not be flying to Bangalore. Let's see how things go.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Let's hope for the best. Besides, I heard tatkal booking has become a lot easier nowadays, since it begins at 10 AM and not at 8 AM. I also heard irctc site response during that time is good. In fact, just the past week, I booked a tatkal ticket for my friend from Chennai to Bangalore. It was hassle free.. So, hope everything works out!! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yeah lets hope for the best. our bokings will depend on yours.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's super great to see the enthusiasm here and I'm very sorry that I won't be able to make it to the meet. Behind the scenes, we're working on big things that are taking some nasty long time.

I'll be there on Google+ hangout for sure. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Now lets update the final list of attendees!
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    English-Scared
    Now lets update the final list of attendees!
    I'm in.
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    So below is the expected final list of attendees. Please confirm:
    1. Durga
    2. Silverscorpion
    3. Prashanth
    4. Sandy
    5. Adivi
    6. Rahul
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    eternalthinker
    1. Durga
    2. Silverscorpion
    3. Prashanth
    4. Sandy
    5. Adivi
    6. Rahul
    Yes!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    eternalthinker
    1. Durga
    2. Silverscorpion
    3. Prashanth
    4. Sandy
    5. Adivy
    6. Rahul
    Send a PM to those CEans for fast confirmation.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ok, i am still in.
    Seems there is a possiblity of me having weekeoff on sat and sun , nevertheless i will be around
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    I am extremely sorry. I will not be attending the meet. I feel really bad about it. I can'y help anyways. Yesterday I got to know from My Lead that I should be attending office this weekend. ๐Ÿ˜”โ€‹
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Prasanth, will you be able to attend by late evening?
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    eternalthinker
    Prasanth, will you be able to attend by late evening?
    That is what even I was thinking.
    I am expected to be here in office till 9PM.
    Actually there is some activity in Production environment that is held this saturday. So it requires the developers who worked on it to stay. If that finishes early, surely I will be available as soon as I can. It takes almost 1 hour to reach Cubbon park from my Office, so it all depends on how long will everyone(CE ans) be available. If you all are available till 10 Pm as it says, then May be I might get an hour or two to meet you guys.

But, seriously I am feeling really bad about it. i almost had a fight at home and with my lead on this.๐Ÿ˜”
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Guys - since all of you are in Bangalore, the meet can happen on Sunday too. Do what is comfortable for all. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    We can do a quick switch to Sunday. But we'll need input from Sandy regarding this.
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    eternalthinker
    We can do a quick switch to Sunday. But we'll need input from Sandy regarding this.
    Please do not postpone if it is only me!!!! Let it be as it is planned.
    I can still manage to come on Saturday at least for a few hours.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I am not attending the meet, I have to be at office tomorrow and its a emergency. I cant give more details as I am at office now.
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    CEans of bangalore, now that we have more flexibility with the meet timings (since no one is travelling from outside), let us make sure everyone can participate.

Let me know your suggestions regarding Sunday morning and Sunday evening.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    dont stress. sunday should be fine. #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# to confirm
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Unfortunately, not available.
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    Just sent a text to #-Link-Snipped-#. Sunday evening is fine.
    Thanks!
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# has confirmed.

#-Link-Snipped-# has informed of not feeling quite well. Hope she'll be able to attend tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    Can anyone please update the start date and end date if not the time at least, for now? So that I can RSVP to Yes back again. It does not allow me now!
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Updated the date ๐Ÿ˜€

So folks, the meet shall happen in Cubbon park on July 29th Sunday, 2012 !
    The starting time is 4pm. Be there ๐Ÿ˜€

Cubbon park being a vast area, below I am pinpointing the area where the meet shall happen.
    Come in through the entry near the Cubbon aquarium and children's park area, beside the MG park.

Meet y'all there, and be in for small surprises ๐Ÿ˜€

capture3
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    eternalthinker
    Updated the date ๐Ÿ˜€

So folks, the meet shall happen in Cubbon park on July 29th Sunday, 2012 !
    The starting time is 4pm. Be there ๐Ÿ˜€

Cubbon park being a vast area, below I am pinpointing the area where the meet shall happen.
    Come in through the entry near the Cubbon aquarium and children's park area, beside the MG park.

Meet y'all there, and be in for c ๐Ÿ˜€
    Great ๐Ÿ‘ and small surprises ๐Ÿ˜
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    I am still in Office. Wouldn't have made it if it was today!!! Thanks guys!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Waiting for updates from the meet, guys! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    So! Me, #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# are here at Cubbon park ๐Ÿ˜€

Unfortunately #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# couldn't make it
    Starting up with some CE discussions ๐Ÿ˜€
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Is AKD online? Can we set up a google hangout or skype video chat?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    How is it going so far? What did you guys discuss?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am joining over video call soon. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Have a great time guys. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Got to see everyone. The meets should keep happening. Like ET says, this is just a beginning. To the three of you made it - thank you for keeping the momentum going.

We will soon reveal what the little surprise was. ๐Ÿ˜€ Keep checking for updates from them.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    One of my team mate was terminated, so I had to be at office yesterday till 8 PM to clear all his system files etc , and taking backup of whats needed. It was a useless task and I had to do it ๐Ÿ˜” and I missed coming to banglore. I promised few of my friends there , now they are like :Grrrrrrr:
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    First of all - congratulations to everyone who made the meet successful! You are the pioneers of first ever CE meet in Bangalore! ๐Ÿ‘

Durga and I discussed today that we'll continue to have meets every month and try to cover as many cities as possible. Next meet at Bangalore should follow up soon and I'm sure it will be bigger.

I'll attend the next meet at Bangalore and I'm quite sure it will be a bigger meet. Let's keep the spirit of the CE Meets on!

PS: Photos & updates, please? ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Guys, I am moving the last few posts into a separate thread.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

whatever i do it becomes my passion..!!
guys i have been given a project...out of these four i have to make one.. oscilator,amplifier, function generator,electrical clock.!! which one should i make and how??
sir please help me in taking my decision weather i should drop this year or not my ranks are as follows iit rank 14493 , aieee rank 10178 , bitsat...
My name is Babatunde Folorunsho, a student of the Electrical/Electronics department Bells University of Technology Otta Ogun state Nigeria
Name: Arthur Wyss *Engineering Trade: Electrical Engineer Location: Suzhou (่‹ๅทž), Jiangsu Province, China (PRC) Longitude: 120ยฐ 36' 54.4021". Latitude: N 31ยฐ 18.544182'. *Occupation: Engineer Work Experience: Six years working in...