CE Associates with BITS Pilani Apogee - 2009

Here's latest from BITS APOGEE 2009

APOGEE 09
BITS Pilani

Date : 23rd to 27th March

The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), pilani is an institute globally respected as a knowledge centre par excellence. The annual technology festival APOGEE, a five day fiesta, sees the confluence of thoughts amongst young minds from Asia’s best universities. The dictionary lists APOGEE as ‘the highest point’. APOGEE truly justifies this definition representing the zenith of science and engineering in a landscape of future visionaries, scientists and inventors.

During the course of 28 years APOGEE has continued to ceaselessly grow in size and quality. Following suite, APOGEE 09 has branched out to include all avenues in science, technology and finance. Some of the highlights of this years fest includes, Momento Critico which basically aims in gauging and improving the students knowledge in finding solutions to tackle post disaster problems while optimizing the given resources. Then there is Model UN which as the name suggests is a simulated session of intergovernmental organization to educate the participants about civics and effective communication. TechBazaar has always been the crowd puller if APOGEE since it creates an interface between venture capitalists, serial entrepreneurs, corporate and participants. To make the fest more relevant to the day-to-day issues, we’ve introduced an event called ‘ECHO GREEN’ as an initiative to provide solutions to pressing environmental issues and energy crisis. Workshops and projects form the backbone of a technical festival and APOGEE is no exception. Trial blazing workshops in upcoming arenas like robotics, forensics, F1 car design, hacking, film making, astronomy and biometrics adds quality to the event while exhibition of projects that our students have worked on for months showcases our unparalleled academic excellence. APOGEE is the Holy Grail for all quizzing enthusiasts with intense quizzes like Brain of BITS, Overhead Transmission etc. in order to explore all aspects of science APOGEE also has events of the economic and financial divisions like Forex, Googol, Stock market. Paper presentations also receive a large proportion of the participation. Scientific papers are presented over a 5 day period on wide ranging industrial application and scientific processes.

Saving the best for the end, BSL, Bioloid Soccer League is definitely going to be the most happening thing in campus this APOGEE. With high tech robots brought from south korea and programmed by our own robotics team, BSL would train students to control these robots and take part in a one on one soccer league.

Keeping in mind that too much of anything is bad, we have a major event called Mithali which is basically a cultural show complete with dance, drama and music. That makes APOGEE a feast to the eyes too.
For further details log on to Apogee 2022

Replies

• jstchill
    jstchill
    Online event launched | apogee'09

Apogee | 23rd to 27th march’09 | BITS-PILANI[FONT="][/FONT]
    [FONT="]ONLINE EVENT[/FONT][FONT="]:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]C.O.D.E.R[/FONT][FONT="] | 24 hours of coding ecstasy |[/FONT]
    [FONT="]Online coding contest of BITS-Pilani is back for the second season with more thrills and frills.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]1st Round: 14th Feb (1800hrs) - 15th Feb (1800hrs)...Ended[/FONT]
    [FONT="]2nd Round: 28th Feb (1800hrs) - 1st March (1800hrs)...Launched!![/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
    [FONT="]3rd Round: 14th March (1800hrs) - 15th March (1800hrs)[/FONT]

[FONT="][/FONT]
    [FONT="]Story so far[/FONT][FONT="]: A group of scientists have discovered a secret to turn anything to gold. With the help of a top coder Mr. R, a thief finds a way to get through the security and reaches the Louvre museum.[/FONT]

[FONT="][/FONT]
    [FONT="]Weekend 2 preview[/FONT][FONT="]:[/FONT][FONT="] In season 2 French Nationale Police face the tough task of preparing a security system for guarding the entire museum. For that they seek the help of a top level coder. With the help of some possible floor plans our coder begins his assigned task to guard one of the world’s deadliest secret.[/FONT]

[FONT="] [/FONT]
    [FONT="]The problem statement for Weekend2 was uploaded at 6PM on 28th Feb and the competition will stay active till the stipulated end time.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]Participation in first season is not necessary[/FONT][FONT="]. You can solve individual seasons also. An overall winner will be declared at end of 3 seasons along with winners for each season. Don’t miss your chance at this high octane coding contest this time around.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]For additional information and for registration visit the contest website:[/FONT]
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I remember there were times when if a person was employed with a private firm, he was It later changed as the privately managed organisations started offering more money and...
Hi everyone, Could anyone tell me what is the SEO and and other things related to it iam sorry but iam little new to such things..If I have a website...
Hi there everyone, I'm really glad I found this forum! And since there's a special place for introductions I figured I'd make use of it 😎 I'm trying to think...
Alright, I found this comment on lifehacker. Someone commented that if we set config.trim_on_minimize = true Firefox will return system's precious RAM. Anyone's got more information on this?
I started this blog for all electrical students pls join this and share your feelings https://sai353.blogspot.com:cean: