CDAC or GATE Prep ?

Is it worth spending 6 months in CDAC and putting 79k(WiMC)+35K(accomodation) on it? Or staying at home and going to some coaching centre and preparing for GATE and IES?Which one has more success rate. I usually dont believe in luck and i dont possess it too. I work hard and have determination but i lack goal and i loose motivation quickly.

I am really not that much interested in IT jobs. I gave GATE this year and i did not qualify. I dont have a good CGPA in UG also. Seeing my situation many people are suggesting me to learn java and get into some IT job. I went for Java training. Java was ok but is not my cup of tea. I have no interests in specific that i want to take up as my career. As i mentioned above i lack a goal in life and i am not able to set up one for myself.

I like to study and i am not able to sort out what path i should take as my career. I am interested to do M.tech (dont know the reason behind it).

Please clear my below queries :

1. Is spending 70k or 80k worth for cdac , i mean if we go to some local institutes we can learn those courses with much lesser cost.
2. I am a fresher ( 2013 passout). Gave GATE , didnot qualify. I want to work on it and get a good score and do M.tech in a good college. But i am backing off my thoughts on this because of two reasons :
a)Less percentage in UG. I have genuine reason for it but reasons cant get me jobs.
b)What if i dont qualify in GATE or get a good score? what should i do then? One year will be wasted for me by then.
3.Is UG percentage also considered while attending interviews after PG?

Replies

• vikasjoseph
    vikasjoseph
    see my friend,if you do pgdiploma in local institute they may not provide u the facilities like 24hr lab,faculty,placements as cdac,and also top companies go there and recruit, as u said i am hardworking..keep working for the next 6mnths u will hav better future in cdac.
    and about gate don't get frustrated abt not qualifying if u hav interest admit in cdac and there u will hav cls's 2hr and 4hr lab ,u can use the remaining time for gate preparation if u r really interested only then go for it.it's my opinion.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    CDAC is an option and since your not in pure IT Job in IT is out of the list.

Gate and IES have similar portions so works on them both at the same time there will not be much difficulty in doing that

PS: If you are in need of money that direly try to clear IES and that will land you in a decent job
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I would like to hear more from someone who is doing/done CDAC & M.Tech.
    Tagging few : #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    3.Is UG percentage also considered while attending interviews after PG?

I don't think so. but some companies look for at least 60%.

a)Less percentage in UG. I have genuine reason for it but reasons cant get me jobs.
    That's right, and you need to forget about it. Nobody going to believe whatever reason ware. If anywhere you are not getting chance with less percentage, just accept it.

After few year in industry, your skill will talk not the percentage and probably the companies which are not accepting you because of percentage they will come to your doorstep by themselves.

You need to decide between Masters and job hunt, it's totally depends on your choice and financial condition.
    If you are going for job hunt then you should add skills/knowledge in your resume, joining CDAC will give you edge of having experience for 6 months and skills on paper, though I will suggest to work in that skill exta mile than learning in CDAC.
    Joining local institute may save your money but if you don't get job in 6 months you have no experience on resume this my be taken as waste of time.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    vikasjoseph
    see my friend,if you do pgdiploma in local institute they may not provide u the facilities like 24hr lab,faculty,placements as cdac,and also top companies go there and recruit, as u said i am hardworking..keep working for the next 6mnths u will hav better future in cdac.
    and about gate don't get frustrated abt not qualifying if u hav interest admit in cdac and there u will hav cls's 2hr and 4hr lab ,u can use the remaining time for gate preparation if u r really interested only then go for it.it's my opinion.
    LOL! No way its 2hr + 4hr. Its min. 10 hrs to max 14 hrs per day. If you're having any side goals, its better you don't do cdac. That's all I've to say. The schedule is very tight.

CDAC is good option especially for the people from DAC course. Placements has started and there are like 4 companies visiting each day for them. Its been 12 days and the scenario is same. Other courses, the companies are not that frequent but still there are good number of companies.
  • SP.Engr
    SP.Engr
    [Prototype]
    LOL! No way its 2hr + 4hr. Its min. 10 hrs to max 14 hrs per day. If you're having any side goals, its better you don't do cdac. That's all I've to say. The schedule is very tight.

CDAC is good option especially for the people from DAC course. Placements has started and there are like 4 companies visiting each day for them. Its been 12 days and the scenario is same. Other courses, the companies are not that frequent but still there are good number of companies.
    Do you have any info about CDAC Juhu? They said timings are from 9 to 5:30?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    SP.Engr
    Do you have any info about CDAC Juhu? They said timings are from 9 to 5:30?
    No. I don't have any information regarding that. Ask me about CDAC Acts, Pune and I'll be able to answer.

There's no predefined schedule here. For over a month, our classes went from 7:30 am to 8:30 PM. Otherwise, it was from 10 am to 8:30 pm. Besides, the coordinator will regularly scold you for going home at 8:30 pm. According to them, you should stay there till 12:00 am or so...๐Ÿ˜
  • SP.Engr
    SP.Engr
    My UG percentage is less. And i am not that much interested in IT jobs. I like to know about new gadgets which is most common now a days in everyone of my age and my well wishers are pushing me towards IT to which though i am getting convinced at first but not able to opt it when i should take it up.

People are saying that spending that much time on GATE Prep is waste and asking what would i do if i dont get qualified or dont get a good score even after spending this much time preparing.

I would be thankful if any one would come with a solution for my dilema. Thank you.

[Prototype]
    No. I don't have any information regarding that. Ask me about CDAC Acts, Pune and I'll be able to answer.

There's no predefined schedule here. For over a month, our classes went from 7:30 am to 8:30 PM. Otherwise, it was from 10 am to 8:30 pm. Besides, the coordinator will regularly scold you for going home at 8:30 pm. According to them, you should stay there till 12:00 am or so...๐Ÿ˜
    OMG !! Thats too much. All this 10+ hours of theory classes only?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    SP.Engr
    My UG percentage is less. And i am not that much interested in IT jobs. I like to know about new gadgets which is most common now a days in everyone of my age and my well wishers are pushing me towards IT to which though i am getting convinced at first but not able to opt it when i should take it up.

People are saying that spending that much time on GATE Prep is waste and asking what would i do if i dont get qualified or dont get a good score even after spending this much time preparing.

I would be thankful if any one would come with a solution for my dilema. Thank you.

OMG !! Thats too much. All this 10+ hours of theory classes only?
    4-6 hours will be theory and rest will be practicals. This depends on course to course. I am not aware of how Embedded classes were held. This was my experience. Other courses might be more rigorous.
  • vikasjoseph
    vikasjoseph
    i am sry becoz i got seat in cdac this yr, nd when i enquired abt cls's my frnds gave me wrong info... that there wil be cls's for 2+4 hr's but i came to know that it is more than 10+ hr's...
  • yasmin sultana
    yasmin sultana
    i am preparing for CDAC december test..i want to know dat the toughness level of cdac entrance is same as gate or lower..n also want some previous year questions
  • vikasjoseph
    vikasjoseph
    but now i came to know that in cdac hyd 2hr theory + 4hr lab as i posted early......it is right,but if you want to prepare for gate there may be no time becoz schedule is tight as prototype said,full of assignments and extra labs etc......,
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    vikasjoseph
    but now i came to know that in cdac hyd 2hr theory + 4hr lab as i posted early......it is right,but if you want to prepare for gate there may be no time becoz schedule is tight as prototype said,full of assignments and extra labs etc......,
    Well don't know if its that way in Hyderabad. The schedule I told was for ACTS, Pune. First 3 months were hell. Then we just got used to it. Assignments, yes, you'll always have that. All in all, you'll not find any free time to do something else. You'll always have something pending to work on.
  • Alok mishra
    Alok mishra
    yasmin sultana
    i am preparing for CDAC december test..i want to know dat the toughness level of cdac entrance is same as gate or lower..n also want some previous year questions
    no its not gate level test but somewhat like placement papers comprising aptitude ,reasoning and basics of c,data strc. ,oops
  • arindam2812
    arindam2812
    hii everybodiy,i need ur help....
    i am a 2013 passout with 60% marks i used to be a good student but due to some health conditions i could not make it,now i am preparing for GATE but suddenly have started feeling that there is no point studying so much ,becoz after getting a decent score you dnt get placed anywhere rather u have only a few choices like ggoi0ng to a good college for MTECH or trying for the PSU's ,even aafter MTECH from a reputated NIT or IIT ur gonna get the average package of 3.6lpa ,and as i have heard from CDAC courses i can earn an average package of 3.2Lpa as my first salary and more-over will save 2years of MTECH hassel,my interest lies in practical work but GATE and MTECH are quite theoritical,so i have a few questions if u would all please have the time for your valid comments....

1)am i thinking correct or is MTECH through GATE that much more than any CDAC course.

2)i have chosen 3 courses,DEVLSI DAC or DESD
    ps.i m of electronics discipline... and dnt like IT that much
    i am more inclined towards embedded projects,which out of the three has better placements..

3)how should i prepare for CDAC exams ,are they of the same level as gate or more,there are a few subjects in section B of paper which i have no idea about such as DATA STRUCTURE,Operating Systems,Data Communications & Networks etc so what effect should this bring on my score ,if i leave these study the rest...??

4)lastly which are the best training centres if i happen to chose out of the above three courses...

whew,that was that please help me.... need ur support....๐Ÿ˜–
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    arindam2812
    hii everybodiy,i need ur help....
    i am a 2013 passout with 60% marks i used to be a good student but due to some health conditions i could not make it,now i am preparing for GATE but suddenly have started feeling that there is no point studying so much ,becoz after getting a decent score you dnt get placed anywhere rather u have only a few choices like ggoi0ng to a good college for MTECH or trying for the PSU's ,even aafter MTECH from a reputated NIT or IIT ur gonna get the average package of 3.6lpa ,and as i have heard from CDAC courses i can earn an average package of 3.2Lpa as my first salary and more-over will save 2years of MTECH hassel,my interest lies in practical work but GATE and MTECH are quite theoritical,so i have a few questions if u would all please have the time for your valid comments....

1)am i thinking correct or is MTECH through GATE that much more than any CDAC course.

2)i have chosen 3 courses,DEVLSI DAC or DESD
    ps.i m of electronics discipline... and dnt like IT that much
    i am more inclined towards embedded projects,which out of the three has better placements..

3)how should i prepare for CDAC exams ,are they of the same level as gate or more,there are a few subjects in section B of paper which i have no idea about such as DATA STRUCTURE,Operating Systems,Data Communications & Networks etc so what effect should this bring on my score ,if i leave these study the rest...??

4)lastly which are the best training centres if i happen to chose out of the above three courses...

whew,that was that please help me.... need ur support....๐Ÿ˜–
    DAC has best placement. DESD also have quite decent placement. You'll get to sit in 5-6 companies very easily, even more. I would highly suggest not to go for the integrated course DIVESD. Six months span is too less for covering both and few of my friends who took that course admitted the same.

The level of exam is quite low. For dac, Section B makes a significant difference in your score as for DAC only Section A & Section B are considered. For other two, all the three sections are considered so leaving any 1 topic from Sec B can be compensated in Section C. If you really don't have any idea about Section B, then DAC course is not for you, its better you don't opt for that.

Its pretty easy to crack. Prefer CDAC ACTS, Pune as your first choice.
  • dark_lord13
    dark_lord13
    [Prototype]
    No. I don't have any information regarding that. Ask me about CDAC Acts, Pune and I'll be able to answer.๐Ÿ˜
    i graduated this year from a college in pune.i have 54% in BE(aggregate),61% in final year.and i have a year drop as well ๐Ÿ˜”.i am from E&TC but i am not interested in the elex courses of cdac,i want to go for the IT courses.i have the following queries
    1.what IT courses am i eligible for? 2 of the courses require 55%,is that 55+ in final year or 55+ aggregate?
    2.is it worth for me to go for cdac?my engg % is abysmal.even if i manage to get into some course will i have any chance of getting placed?
    3.i have read/heard that pune-acts,aundh is the best in the country for DAC.what sort of rank would i require in the C-CAT to get into pune-acts?
    4.in the C-CAT,i am pretty sure of scoring well in paper-A(had 97.88 %le in cat 12).considering this,how many marks would i require to get into pune-acts for DAC?
    5.when will the form for the CCAT december come out?
    HTIA ๐Ÿ˜€
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    dark_lord13
    i graduated this year from a college in pune.i have 54% in BE(aggregate),61% in final year.and i have a year drop as well ๐Ÿ˜”.i am from E&TC but i am not interested in the elex courses of cdac,i want to go for the IT courses.i have the following queries
    1.what IT courses am i eligible for? 2 of the courses require 55%,is that 55+ in final year or 55+ aggregate?
    2.is it worth for me to go for cdac?my engg % is abysmal.even if i manage to get into some course will i have any chance of getting placed?
    3.i have read/heard that pune-acts,aundh is the best in the country for DAC.what sort of rank would i require in the C-CAT to get into pune-acts?
    4.in the C-CAT,i am pretty sure of scoring well in paper-A(had 97.88 %le in cat 12).considering this,how many marks would i require to get into pune-acts for DAC?
    5.when will the form for the CCAT december come out?
    HTIA ๐Ÿ˜€
    1. You're eligible for DAC! If you're going for an IT course, choose no other than this course.
    2. You might not get lots of chances (people with 60%+ gets like 30 chances), may be under 10. You have to work extremely hard and make it through. You've score well in their exams. But yes, unlike colleges, you'll surely get a chance and you'll have to make it through because there's no assurance when you can get another if any.
    3.You've heard it correct. There are 240 seats in CDAC. About 350-400 should get you inside. December batch generally have low cut offs.
    4. There are no marks, you directly get ranks. The level of Sec A is very low, hence lots of people generally score good here. The deciding factor would be Sec B for you.
    5. The forms will come out by November. Keeping checking Advanced Computing Training School . They even publish it in newspaper.

Being an EC guy, opting for DAC, be very sure that you're more than comfortable with programming. Go through the modules they will be teaching and make sure you'll be able to cope up with that.
    Modules can be viewed here -> Modules
    Courses can be viewed here -> Post Graduate Diploma
  • KedarPatil01
    KedarPatil01
    C-DAC is obviously a better choice. You get intense training on latest software technologies and become eligible for placement just within 6 months. Placement ratio is also good. Join top centers from Pune only in the order 1. CDAC ACTS 2. Sunbeam 3. IACSD 4. KNOW-IT . Other centers from pune not recommended.
  • arindam2812
    arindam2812
    [Prototype]
    1. You're eligible for DAC! If you're going for an IT course, choose no other than this course.
    2. You might not get lots of chances (people with 60%+ gets like 30 chances), may be under 10. You have to work extremely hard and make it through. You've score well in their exams. But yes, unlike colleges, you'll surely get a chance and you'll have to make it through because there's no assurance when you can get another if any.
    3.You've heard it correct. There are 240 seats in CDAC. About 350-400 should get you inside. December batch generally have low cut offs.
    4. There are no marks, you directly get ranks. The level of Sec A is very low, hence lots of people generally score good here. The deciding factor would be Sec B for you.
    5. The forms will come out by November. Keeping checking Advanced Computing Training School . They even publish it in newspaper.

Being an EC guy, opting for DAC, be very sure that you're more than comfortable with programming. Go through the modules they will be teaching and make sure you'll be able to cope up with that.
    Modules can be viewed here -> Modules
    Courses can be viewed here -> Post Graduate Diploma

hii there ,i'd like to ask prototype,i have secured 538 rank (a+b+c) in CDAC and 451 candidates above me have applied for DESD, 260 in DVLSI and 271 in DIVESD , i have to fill up the online counceling what should be my preference order such that i must get the best institute interms of placement and yeah one more thing i have a keen interest in DESD,kindly reply as soon as possible,dear prototype...
  • arindam2812
    arindam2812
    and one more thing suppose i dont get PUNE in first councelling ,should i go for the second 1 or should i chose any 1 out of BANGLURU or HYDRABAD, which one out of BANGLURU AND HYDRABAD has better placement in DESD,i have kept BANGLURU as my second preference and HYDRABAD as third in DESD...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The choices mentioned are too wide and that should make the decision making process very easy. CDAC or GATE or IT Job? Well it all depends on what are your future plans for yourself? If there's no clear picture of which way you want to travel; you should first figure out what kind of profession do you expect to be in, say 5 or 10 years. We don't need specifics; but a 'very general' idea of your profession. For example - do you wish to go into research or teaching? Do you want to see yourself in an IT Job? Then CDAC and direct IT Job are the recommended options.

CDAC will ultimately land you in a job that is directly related to IT. So better decide the destination first and then take the best possible route.
  • sneha8888
    sneha8888
    [Prototype]
    What are the placement ratio regarding other courses. Im interested in WIMC & DITISS, so provide the placement scenario of these courses specifically. I read in CDAC advt that cmpny interviews are held jointly in some of the centres acc 2 regions, that means students of other centres come 2 participate in interview process or what.
  • sneha8888
    sneha8888
    I've heard that DAC is the most preferred course in terms of placement.... What about placement scenario of other courses, not every one has interest in developing field. Could any one provide this year's placement stats of all courses.

In addition, i want 2 know what are the best centres for WIMC & DITISS in terms of placement & what should be the preference order.
  • ankur_good2004
    ankur_good2004
    Hi friends,

My A+B rank is 517 and i applied for PG-DITISS.
    151 candidates is above me.

which centre is good for PG-DITISS and what will be my chances to get
    CDAC-pune or
    CDAC-BANGLORE(E-CITY)
  • Harish Tiwari
    Harish Tiwari
    I've checked with some passed out and they told that CDAC Pune and Bangalore are same however placements chances are better at the Bangalore Center. I have got 121 rank for the same course.
  • GOURAV KHANIJOE
    GOURAV KHANIJOE
    need ur help !!!
    i am a student of kurukshetra university, final year(8th sem) ECE. i m also placed in TCS campus placement drive. I want to join tcs but my dream area of interest/work interest lies in embedded systems, bcz m having interests in making projects. i have also made projects like robotic arm during my minor. During whole of my b.tech, i have studied all my subjects deeply and m also a topper. bt suddenly, lost interest in theorotical studies, bcz i found embedded more interested n as my cup of tea. so nw, i am confused, that after securing tcs job, as its joining would come in feb 2015, i have 1 year. so shoud i prepare for PSU means GATE-2015 by taking training from made easy as it would make my future bright or should go for embedded from cdac pune....???
    please help me by understanding all my conditions...eagerly waiting for ur replies...๐Ÿ˜€
  • d@rc
    d@rc
    Hi I have completed my engineering last year that is in 2013. My college doesn't have any placements so I had to take a small job of software developer in my own city that pays me 1.2lpa. My CGPA was quite good 8.4. Now I have work experience of 7 months but still no hike or not a better job. My question is should I go for CDAC for better placement? I am keenly interested in IT and programming. Should I give C CAT and go for it? I was pretty good student but just because my college had no placements I am suffering it. Plz reply
  • stephin abraham
    stephin abraham
    Hey.. final year student of ec, and looking forward to do the course of embeded system from c-dac. can someone help me out regarding this query?
  • vishen
    vishen
    what about the other institute in pune cdac such as
    know it?
    and iacsd pune? WHAT ABOUT THERE PLACEMENTS
    my academics records are
    10th:-67.6% 2007
    12th:-60.6% 2009
    BTECH:-6.52CGPA 2013
    IS IT WORTH TO TAKE ADMISSION IN OTHERS CNTERS OF PUNE AND IF A CANDIDATE SCORED WELL IN CDAC THEN WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF HIS PLACMENTS IN BETWEEN ONE YEAR GAP I HAVE 4 MONTHS OF EXP AS TECHNICAL RECRUITER
    KINDLY REPLY FRIENDS I AM EAGERLY WAITNG FOR YOUR RESPONSE.
  • mayuri singh sengar
    mayuri singh sengar
    i graduated last year in cs branch with an aggregate 0f 79 %..... i am currently made easy,delhi student...recently i got placed in iacsd pune....should i go for it or rather concentrate on my gate prep rite now,plz do rply wat will b beneficial for my career gate or dac course in pune??????????????????
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Try to think long-term. Do whatever gets you interested. Try to search for what kind of jobs are offered to M.Tech pass-outs and CDAC pass-outs. Which ones appeal to you more? That should help you decide.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have some doubt in power transformer relating it with the frequency. 1. what will happen to the power transformer which is designed for 50 hz is connected to 100...
Hey Guys, I am writing this article related to obfuscated coding. It has a high utility in software security domain. Do rate this with your comments. Obfuscated coding is the...
Here is an interesting death dealing device: https://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2013-08/watch-homemade-coilgun-destroy-laptop
Hey guys, I want to particulary tag the Good Admin " Kaustubh Katdare" to read this. We thank you for everything you have made out of us by giving us...
Pathology slides may be the last place one may look for aesthetics. Yet surprising beauty lurks in the images of the medical world. More here: https://www.medgadget.com/2013/08/ex...feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Medgadget+(Medgadget)