CDAC DASDM Course Review

From the official CDAC website it is confirmed that the CDAC DASDM or Diploma in Advanced Software Development Methodologies course is aimed for those who want to enter the field of computing.

CDAC believe that after the completion of the course, students can work as one of the following in the IT Industry.
  • Software Developer,
  • Programmer,
  • Tester,
  • System Analyst
To understand what exactly is taught in the CDAC DASDM course, we have to look at the subjects taught under this course.

Following are the major subjects that are taught to DASDM students.

1. Fundamentals of Computing
  2. C & Data structure
  3. Operating System Using Unix
  4. RDBMS
  5. Software Engineering
  6. Objected Oriented Programming Concepts Using C++
  7. Core Java
  8. Web Technologies
  9. Software Quality Assurance-I
  10. Advanced Java
  11. Software Quality Assurance-II
  12. Android Programming
From these subjects it is evident that if you are doing this course after graduation in IT or Computer Science/Technology branches, it is the much essential revision of all major subjects. All these subjects form the basis of core knowledge you need to have to be able to work efficiently in a corporate IT environment on the technical role.

Anyone here has done the DASDM course? If yes, please share your experience with us.

Replies

• KomalFapale
    KomalFapale
    anyone for dasdm course??
  • Mukesh Dongre
    Mukesh Dongre
    Hey I have been selected for DASDM cousre....i have completed my BE in Computer Science but had very little intrest in this field....now i have decided to go for banking exams....and i came to know that i can do this....suddenly selected in dasdm....what should i do?????????????????????????
  • Abhijeet Kulkarni
    Abhijeet Kulkarni
    Even i have been selected for the dasdm course. But the drawback is that it is a diploma course and not a PG Diploma course. So after completing Engineering how useful a diploma course will be is a big question. Any previous batch students please help? Is it worth spending 9 months and 90k rs on a diploma course after completing engineering?
  • RANJEET SINGH RATHORE
    RANJEET SINGH RATHORE
    when i was selected i feel good but i spent many time on there is very less information meet so if anyone have please share
  • RANJEET SINGH RATHORE
    RANJEET SINGH RATHORE
    i am selected for CDAC JAIPUR center
  • RANJEET SINGH RATHORE
    RANJEET SINGH RATHORE
    Sub01
    Hi, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, which center did you all get.
    Even I am clueless about it as there is less info on the web.
  • RANJEET SINGH RATHORE
    RANJEET SINGH RATHORE
    i am selected for CDAC JAIPUR center
  • KomalFapale
    KomalFapale
    i am selected for Iacsd ,akurdi, pune.
  • Mukesh Dongre
    Mukesh Dongre
    i am also selected for Iacsd ,akurdi, pune.
  • Shubham Bhise
    Shubham Bhise
    KomalFapale
    i am selected for Iacsd ,akurdi, pune.
    And for which course?
    Mine is dac at IACSD PUNE
  • KomalFapale
    KomalFapale
    Shubham Bhise
    And for which course?
    Mine is dac at IACSD PUNE
    dasdm course
  • Abhijeet Kulkarni
    Abhijeet Kulkarni
    I got Kandivili, Mumbai center. I took admission for the course. I surveyed a lot and came to the conclusion of taking admission. Almost all the reviews of this course and CDAC were very good. There is a placement list of this course of the students of 2013 batch on the CDAC website. Many students were placed in Barclays, Cybage Software Ltd and some other companies. As far as i know Barclays pays 50k to interns. Though I am not sure. But overall the reviews were very good. The course content is also very good and seeing the time allotted for all the subjects, the course would be rigorous.
    Best Of Luck everyone!
  • Akshay Akki9
    Akshay Akki9
    Please any one could tell me which course is better? DAC or DASDM ?? i am very much confuse.waiting for rply.....
  • Abhijeet Kulkarni
    Abhijeet Kulkarni
    I have completed with three terms i.e. 6 months of in college training of DASDM and my fourth term that is the internship is going on right now. I would say that both the courses are really good. I will ultimately depend on the amount of hard work and sincerity you put in and also to some extent the center you will be getting. One of the major difference between the two courses is in DAC you will be having .net and in DASDM you will be having Android. This is the only major difference in terms of subjects. Rest all the major subjects are alike with very minute differences. And another major difference is in DASDM after you complete 6 months of in college training you have a 3 months internship according to the curriculum. After those 3 months you will have your campus placements. DAC does not have internship. After the 6 months you will be directly headed to the campus placement. So according to your preference choose the one that is best suited for you.
    You can ask anything else related to these courses. I will be more than happy to help.
  • Akshay Akki9
    Akshay Akki9
    Thanks Abhijeet for your valuable information. Friend could you please tell me ans of following Queries:
    1. Internship provided in DASDM will be at Company or In cadc centre(College) only???
    2.Which college should i prefer for DASDM course?
    3.In Internship will there any stipend? and is That 3 month Internship helpfull during placement?
    4.How is DASDM previous placemnt record compare to DAC??
  • Abhijeet Kulkarni
    Abhijeet Kulkarni
    1) Interviews for the internship will be aranged by the center at which you are learning at different companies. It is their duty to help you get internship.
    2)Definitely one of the pune center. But as I have said, ultimately it will be the amount of efforts and hard work you put in that will get counted.
    3) Stipend completely depends on the company. I am the only lucky person in my batch to have an internship with stipend. All my other friends are working without stipend. About placement I cannot tell much because I myself am doing an internship right now. But if you get to work on some real world project, I think it will surely help.
    4) The number of students in dac is way higher than that of dasdm. DAC is the flagship course of CDAC for the last 20-25 years. DASDM has just started 3-4 years back. So practically speaking DAC has better placement than DASDM. But again as I said work hard and the placement would be cake walk!
  • Akshay Akki9
    Akshay Akki9
    Thank You very much Abhijeet....😀 now let me know,

1.how many seats are there for DASDM in each centre?? 100 or 120? i know very few centre are having DASDM course.

2.is it possible to give both CET for DAC and DASDM together?. becose for both, CET and Schedule is different.
    i am asking 2nd in a situation, if i dont get DASDM seat atleast i can do DAC.
  • girishkolte
    girishkolte
    Hey #-Link-Snipped-#,
    I got admissionin KNOW-IT park in pune in DASDM course.Can you tell about the placement status for this course .I am worried about this course .Plz repy ASAP.
  • Akshay Akki9
    Akshay Akki9
    #-Link-Snipped-# still waiting for your ans friend.......😔
  • Akshay Akki9
    Akshay Akki9
    @#-Link-Snipped-#
    Hi friend..... from many friends and reviews i heard that know IT is good center.
    could you please tell me that what was your rank? and how should i prepare for C-CAT exam. on which topic should i concentrate?
  • Helper
    Helper
    Please dont go to the dasdm coarse.I am telling bcoz i am in iacsd dasdm coarse. In which institute coarse co-ordinater behaves like he is a boss. He dont solve the problem of student.
    There is always a comparsion between the dac and dasdm coarse.The teaching faculty for the dasdm like java,android faculty always pressurize the student. Everyone is fear with the faculty sono one asked the question.
    The intership concept also fake. All the student work at the home. The teaching has its own company and they provide the offer letter to its student. student completed the small project and the intership will be completed. This is real time scenario of the dasdm intership.
    I think that placement concept also be a fake one.
    so Again I telling to all of you dont go to the dasdm coarse.It is waste of time and mainly money.
  • Akshay Akki9
    Akshay Akki9
    @#-Link-Snipped-#
    are you sure friend?? so do i concentrate only on dac course?? friend i need your guidance very badly because of mixed comments i am confuse between dac and dasdm course.
    also tell me how is pune acts aundh placement record of dac practically?
    is everyone got placement one who gave his 100% to dac course?
  • Akshay Akki9
    Akshay Akki9
    Hye frnds lots of confusion between Cdac dac course and Dasdm course. which course is better in terms of syllbus, knowledge and placements???? could anybody help me??? require your guidance freinds....
  • KomalFapale
    KomalFapale
    Don't go for dasdm course.. Waste of money and time..
  • Akshay Akki9
    Akshay Akki9
    @#-Link-Snipped-#
    Friend Could you please tell me more about dac or dasdm preference? i required some guide.....
  • KomalFapale
    KomalFapale
    Go for DAC, but don't go for dasdm.. I am doing dasdm course now I am waiting for placement campus and worried about the placement.
  • Akshay Akki9
    Akshay Akki9
    @#-Link-Snipped-#
    Thank you very much dear for your valuable information. i am planning for dac from mumbai. please tell me which dac centre is better in mumbai between khaghar and vita in terms of teaching and placement??
  • Akshay Akki9
    Akshay Akki9
    @#-Link-Snipped-#
    All the best for your placement. don't worry you will surely get good company have faith on yourself. thank you once again for guide.....
  • ab7346
    ab7346
    Hello All,
    I am 2013 pass out.
    SSC 66%
    Diploma 76.25%
    BE 56.93%(final year)
    I am having 2 years and 6 months of exp in power sector. But, I want to change field because of lack of scope in power sector and present scenario.
    I am selected in IACSD, Akurdi for DASDM course for Aug 2016 batch.
    Now I am confused. Whether I will get chance in campus placement? Please help. I have to confirm admission by Monday. Please help.
  • RANJEET SINGH RATHORE
    RANJEET SINGH RATHORE
    please don't enrolled in this stupid and useless course I also done but there no companies come and I got only 6 chances and one more thing only 30-40 students were selected out of 400 my advise not to join 1 lakhs and 1 year also waste
  • RANJEET SINGH RATHORE
    RANJEET SINGH RATHORE
    please don't enrolled in this stupid and useless course I also done but there no companies come and I got only 6 chances and one more thing only 30-40 students were selected out of 400 my advise not to join 1 lakhs and 1 year also waste
  • ab7346
    ab7346
    ranjeetbanna
    Thanks for advice. what was criteria for placements?
  • KomalFapale
    KomalFapale
    #-Link-Snipped-# - you are 2013 passout and your aggregate is also low so dont join this course, you will never get any call... for fresher also there are less chances.. you have exp then switch to another company but dont go for dasdm..
  • KomalFapale
    KomalFapale
    I am from same center aug 2015 batch, i got job but from my batch still many students are unplaced ..
  • ab7346
    ab7346
    KomalFapale
    #-Link-Snipped-# - you are 2013 passout and your aggregate is also low so dont join this course, you will never get any call... for fresher also there are less chances.. you have exp then switch to another company but dont go for dasdm..
    Thanks for advice.
  • Joyeeta
    Joyeeta
    Abhijeet Kulkarni
    I have completed with three terms i.e. 6 months of in college training of DASDM and my fourth term that is the internship is going on right now. I would say that both the courses are really good. I will ultimately depend on the amount of hard work and sincerity you put in and also to some extent the center you will be getting. One of the major difference between the two courses is in DAC you will be having .net and in DASDM you will be having Android. This is the only major difference in terms of subjects. Rest all the major subjects are alike with very minute differences. And another major difference is in DASDM after you complete 6 months of in college training you have a 3 months internship according to the curriculum. After those 3 months you will have your campus placements. DAC does not have internship. After the 6 months you will be directly headed to the campus placement. So according to your preference choose the one that is best suited for you.
    You can ask anything else related to these courses. I will be more than happy to help.
    I want to do thia course and would like to appear for dasdm as i am from bscIT background. Should I go for the course? Will there be any loan facility ? And whether the course provides good placements?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

34. Application of Norton’s theorem to a circuit yields (a) equivalent current source and impedance in series (6) equivalent current source and impedance in parallel (c) equivalent impedance (d) equivalent...
Hey, I am trying to create LLC converter schematic in Saber software (A power electronics simulator). I have created the circuit but don't know what should be given at the...
Hi CrazyEngineers team, I have been working into IT for almost 4.5 years now. I am into development since last 3 years (which I was never really a big fan...
Hai! I am Paakkaran. It's not my real name. It's my nickname. Howzaaat!!! Well we are all engineers, right? We can make a design for almost everything. I am giving...
Hi, I did M.Sc. in computer science and then after Cdac dac course from acts pune in 2009. And I was placed in amdocs at that time but due to...