CCNA Preperation study group

Hello CEan's πŸ˜€ ,

This thread is combined study group for those who are preparing to get CCNA Certification. We can share preparation plans, materials and clarify our doubts here.
I can share my preparation plan if anyone is out there ??😐

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Moving the thread to #-Link-Snipped-# section.
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Thanks Biggie for moving the thread to appropriate section.
    Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# here.

I've started preparation with the first topic from #-Link-Snipped-#:

1. Describe how a network works.
  • sachin.10
    sachin.10
    CAN YOU GIVE DETAILS OF CCIE CERTIFICATION & SCOPE.
  • iSyNc1
    iSyNc1
    sachin.10
    CAN YOU GIVE DETAILS OF CCIE CERTIFICATION & SCOPE.
    there are 7 CCIE certifications, which one are you looking for?
    CCIE Routing and Switching
    CCIE Security
    CCIE Service Provider
    CCIE Service Provider Operations
    CCIE Storage Networking
    CCIE Voice
    CCIE Wireless

& SCOPE- without work experience worthless.
    reason-1) Employers will think you are overqualified.
    2) or suspect you will charge a fortune for your services.
    (no offense, it's my outlook, if you are passionate about networking and have lots of money then go ahead)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I think you can guide the aspirants here, what say you? πŸ˜€
  • iSyNc1
    iSyNc1
    The_Big_K
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I think you can guide the aspirants here, what say you? πŸ˜€
    Dear, Admin
    Thanks for granting my membership, I am new out here, but I must admit the trophy rewards system is cool and quickπŸ‘ I like it.
    BTW, who is durga???? will there be any divine intervention in this thread? 😁
    just kidding!πŸ˜€
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    iSyNc1
    Dear, Admin
    Thanks for granting my membership, I am new out here, but I must admit the trophy rewards system is cool and quickπŸ‘ I like it.
    BTW, who is durga???? will there be any divine intervention in this thread? 😁
    just kidding!πŸ˜€
    What are the pre-requisites for the CCIE Exam ?
  • iSyNc1
    iSyNc1
    K!r@nS!ngu
    What are the pre-requisites for the CCIE Exam ?
    None
    there are 2 paths for CCIE-
    1. pass step-by-step CCNA-----CCNP--------CCIE(written+lab)
    2. directly go for CCIE(written+lab)
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I say ok!
    But what exact guidance is needed?Incase clarifications are posted I can answer them.
    As far as my experience with CCNA goes, it needs hardwork, immense amount of practise.
    My study schedule started in jan 2011 and I gave my exam in sep 2011.
    Cisco press books ( by Wendell Odom) are the best. Read them, understand them and take your own time to test each and every concept mentioned in the book. No stress, no hurry ,its not like do or die, so unless your ready , it doesnot make sense to read dumps and pass out in a month.
    There are lab softwares to practise, like Packet tracer (only for academy students ) or GNS3. use them to test your concepts.Don't do it for sake of doing, I know people in my team who are CCNPs but have zero confidence on their concepts

CCNA can be pursued in 2 path way or 1 way path.
    2 way path - ICDN1 and ICND2
    1way path- CCNA composite
    the exam fees is the smae - 250$ either ways..
    Finally, book an exam date, that will keep you on track

If I were to do CCIE, I will do it after 3-4 yrs of my ccna and real world experience. I would do my CCNP R&S, in couple of years and then prep for CCIE. Rushing through immense syllabi wont help us.But everyone has their own way of doing, so its more of personal choices.
  • iSyNc1
    iSyNc1
    First of all let me apologize, I am a newbie out here so I didn't know about you "who is durga???? will there be any divine intervention in this thread?" I take back my word.
    Neat explanation!
    let me add some more CCNA study materials- CCNA Study Guide by Todd Lammle,
    CBT Nuggets Cisco CCNA Certification Package(Videos) by Jeremy Cioara
    and last but not the least FREE YouTube videos by Keith Barker

Elders say "Don't give advice if you were not asked for" I just broke the rule.....my bad!
  • iSyNc1
    iSyNc1
    The_Big_K
    #-Link-Snipped-# ^ #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-# ^ Yup, thanks.
    ^
    ^
    ^
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    iSyNc1
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    First of all let me apologize, I am a newbie out here so I didn't know about you "who is durga???? will there be any divine intervention in this thread?" I take back my word.
    Neat explanation!
    let me add some more CCNA study materials- CCNA Study Guide by Todd Lammle,
    CBT Nuggets Cisco CCNA Certification Package(Videos) by Jeremy Cioara
    and last but not the least FREE YouTube videos by Keith Barker

Elders say "Don't give advice if you were not asked for" I just broke the rule.....my bad!
    vedios by Keith Barker are just amazing, CBT nuggets are good too.. but I bought INE vedios, Jeremy takes on casually while Brain does it in a classroom format. and compared to CBT nuggets , INE vdos are cheaper :-s.

I dont know how good Tod lammle book is, I have though heard many using them. But I will go with Wendell Odom, he authors books so well.

Dont worry about divine intervention. it wont happen unless you work hard πŸ˜€
  • iSyNc1
    iSyNc1
    durga
    vedios by Keith Barker are just amazing, CBT nuggets are good too.. but I bought INE vedios, Jeremy takes on casually while Brain does it in a classroom format. and compared to CBT nuggets , INE vdos are cheaper :-s.

I dont know how good Tod lammle book is, I have though heard many using them. But I will go with Wendell Odom, he authors books so well.

#-Link-Snipped-# Yes you are right! INE videos are cheap. Although I bought CBT nuggets in a group, still had to shell out good amount of money. I like Jeremy coz he is not boring and prevents you from sleeping 😴
    I have read Wendell Odom's book also, yeah he is good.
    And you are right AGAIN......CCNA is not an easy exam, it takes a lot of reading,listening,labbing,night-outs n repetition.

#-Link-Snipped-# Pardon me but you made a tiny mistake!!!!>>>>>>>> not "VEDIOS it's VIDEOS"
    As, you are one of the moderators, please don't kick me out for figuring out this. I just couldn't help myself 😁
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    durga
    vedios by Keith Barker are just amazing,
    I am studying Tod lammle book ... It is a good book for theoretical knowledge. Will try to watch the videos by Keith Barker. Hope I will finish my preparation within two months πŸ˜’ .
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    are you going the composite way?
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    durga
    are you going the composite way?
    composite way ??
    I am planning to go for 640-802 exam for CCNA.
    Since i am Computer science student... it is taking much time for me to understand basics of networking....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

VLC has reached a new version and brings loads of new features. Check our detailed coverage of the new media player and what new it's got to offer: https://www.crazyengineers.com/download-vlc-2-twoflower-for-windows-mac-now-1835/
CEans, I'm currently exploring the possibilities of having the whole site work on https than on http. But my knowledge of the secured http is very limited. If we make...
Hi , Actually I need guidance regarding the cloud computing , I understand what it is but I want to know: 1.Are there any criteria ie of experience etc for...
Guangdong Plastics Exchange is constructing an innovative civil engineering structure in the shape of 'Luck Coin' at Guangzhou, China near the Pearl River. Italian architect Joseph di Pasquale has designed...
Let us discuss the current hot topics for research in computer science field. Our discussion can give some of us ideas for doing research in this field. Some of the...