CCNA or JAVA

hi friends m in 3rd year (ECE) and i wanna go for some some additional courses. so regarding that i wanna know will it be better for me to do CCNA or should i go for JAVA. Being a ECE student which one would be fruitful for me. please help me out .๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What's the motive behind learning JAVA or certification in Network Administration?
  • Paritosh222
    Paritosh222
    motive is just to get knowledge and to get edge over others to get placed in a company
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I guess you are comparing apple with oranges.

CCNA is network administrator course, and JAVE is development lanuage. If you wanna go in development go for JAVA, or your interest side is networking.. go for CCNA. You being a ECE engineer, I will advice you to go for CCNA, as you will have an edge over others as you have basic knowledge of networking.

-CG
  • Paritosh222
    Paritosh222
    but some people say jobs on hardware side are hard to come by so go for software side do some language even if u r a ECE engineer. so thats why i am very confused can u help me out from this situation.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    It really depends on your interest, Paritosh. Forget about the prospects for a minute and think about which field you believe you can perform well in. Once you are good at something, theres always a path open for you.

Sometimes the easy way is not the best way ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Paritosh222
    Paritosh222
    okay sir thanks for the advice
  • akkumon
    akkumon
    I consider you to go forward for CCNA or MCSE
  • Paritosh222
    Paritosh222
    yes i m also looking to go for any of these
  • georgeryder9
    georgeryder9
    As a ECE you should go for CCNA, but there are so many students who knows CCNA so getting software skills is also not bad. If you can you should learn CWNA (Certified Wireless Network Administrator). Moreover you should have knowledge on O&M (operation and maintenance) software upgrade or memory upgrades knowledge which is used in BSC (Base Station Controller) system as a Telecommunication engineer. I am one.
  • Suneet Chaudhary
    Suneet Chaudhary
    I think Development is where you may apply the concepts of networking and knowledge of Networking (depending upon the application to be developed), therefore knowledge of Networking is an absolute advantage.
  • VENTHAN
    VENTHAN
    i am studying BE(ECE)....now i am final yr student....i completed java nd sql...now i planned to learn to CCNA is this useful..pls anyone say best for my future
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    VENTHAN
    i am studying BE(ECE)....now i am final yr student....i completed java nd sql...now i planned to learn to CCNA is this useful..pls anyone say best for my future
    If you've already learned JAVA and SQL - I'd recommend that you should build your skill-set in Java itself; and try to gain mastery. Have you coded any small projects on your own using Java and SQL? If not, it's time to hone your skills by building small projects that you can show to potential recruiters.
  • VENTHAN
    VENTHAN
    thnq sir..bt my lecturar said to learn CCNA course...now i am confused which one is best for my future..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    VENTHAN
    thnq sir..bt my lecturar said to learn CCNA course...now i am confused which one is best for my future..
    Well, if you don't take efforts to write full details; we'll never know the exact situation. Your lecturer asked you to take CCNA course, but you have NOT told us why did he/she favour CCNA? Did you ask your lecturer why he/she thought CCNA is better choice? What career opportunities will it open up?

If you sought advice from your lecturer, why are you still confused? What's causing your confusion?

Take time to write in detail so that others can understand your questions and offer better help.
  • ramyakrishna.n
    ramyakrishna.n
    Hi All,
    I am working in Mainframes(COBOL) and was trained in that. I am from Electronics background. Its been one and half year I am working on this.But I am not interested in the language that I am using. As per the comments that I obtained, many Say COBOL is no where used and have less opportunities. So I am planning to take either JAVA or CCNA. I am confused, Both are different routes which we cant compare.

But I am working on COBOL since an year. Could you please suggest which is the best path to pick up? which have more options( option means Job offers and payable scales).
  • Vishal Borana
    Vishal Borana
    Iam currently pursuing my btech in computer science,final year.
    I have done routing and switching training on live Cisco devices from a software solutions company.
    I also have completed HP summer training in networking with security concepts.
    Should I go for networking and get CCNA certified or should I go for Java development.
    Java's initial package is more as compared to networking.
    Please help me out.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vishal borana
    Should I go for networking and get CCNA certified or should I go for Java development.
    Java's initial package is more as compared to networking.
    Java seems to be the right option from the information you've provided. Be sure to develop a portfolio of open source projects to build your Java knowledge and go for a certification in Java. That should give your resume a big boost.

PS: If you are looking for personalized suggestions from our industry experts, Head over to: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey can anyone give me some ideas or any designs for T-shirt Civil Engineers..???๐Ÿ˜• Please its a crises..!!!โ˜•๐Ÿ˜ญ PS : - Sorry MODS if this is not the right place...
Hi guys welcome to the quiz event.In this Section you will have 10 questions to answer..The one who answers all the ten questions will be declared as CRAZY ENGINEER OF...
I wanna do a project(may be a mini project) within a duration of 1 month. The condition is that i must use C++. No other restriction. I wanna do something...
hi friends i wanna know how can i get a online part time job and it shouldn't be a fake one . ๐Ÿ˜
hello friends can u please suggest me what are the best courses for an ECE engineer to do. which would be fruitful for his carrier.