C/C++ interfacing to MySql Database

Hi CE
I am trying to write a program that should be able to obtain it's data from a MySql database, my problem is that i dont know how to go about it. I also don't understand the tutorials from the official MySql website. I am using Borland 5.0 as my compiler.
Any code, information or useful website would be appreciated.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Always search before you post. Look here -> #-Link-Snipped-#

Does this help?
  • Munguti
    Munguti
    @Big K
    Sorry for not first searching. The link helped a little, what i really want to know is specific to mysql and C++. Also more information on mysql.h would be appreciated mostly wether it works with borland C++ on windows sytems, most of the stuff on the internet seem to imply that it is used on linux sytems.
    Also the thread never says how the data in the Database can be used and manipulated in c++.
    @goyal 786
    Please read the CE posting rules
  • ngwanem
    ngwanem
    Hope I am not late with this post 😉

Hmm.... I created an similar database interfaces for mysql with c++ with the code for:

1. GCC-based compiler (i.e the Mingw compiler in the CodeBlocks IDE)
    2. Visual C++ (in Visual Studio 2008)
    Also used the Boost::Any Class to act as my variant type, alongside some generic programming with templates.

Please reply to let me know particular where you need help and I may send you my header and source files. However, I have not tried on the Borland compiler but I guess it will run.

As a matter of fact, you just have to configure the compiler to link the mysql.dll file to run mysql as an embedded server (if you wish) or you may connect to an instance of mysql connected on the machine. Just tell me, which of the options you would like to implement...
  • Munguti
    Munguti
    @ngwanem
    Thank you but I managed to pull it in both borland and MicrosoftC++6.0, anyway maybe you can send me the dll for mysql mine keeps giving the register alert notice every time its used

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm officially forming the CE World's Longest Thread Squad. The members of this squad will be responsible for posting in the world's longest thread on CE - https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/chillax-chit-chat/4384-looo0000oooooo000oong-thread.html Following are...
Can any one tell me how I can do the thermal analysis of solar radiation concentrated by a magnifying glass and falling on a metal plate?
My Acer Laptop 4763z series just turned 3 and it coincided with Acer turning 10. Kind of feel lucky. Anyone celebrating their laptop anniversary.😁
Please give me the brife details about wireless sensor network........
I am a fresher, I've finished Computer science engineering in 2009. Now since there are several paths like Javaprogrammer, DotNet programmer, Oracle, DBA, Networking, VC++, C# and much more, I...