CAT 2009: Virus claim may trigger litigation

MUMBAI: With the online CAT to the IIMs turning chaotic — admission tests were cancelled at nearly 14% centres across the country owing to technical glitches — cyber experts say pinning of the blame on a virus attack may have worsened things for applicants.

Cyber guru Vijay Mukhi said the official explanation of a virus would open the doors for students to question the exams and approach courts to have it cancelled. ‘‘It could set a dangerous precedent if anyone goes to the court and court grants a stay,’’ he told, even as he questioned the virus claim. Cyber law advocates said a technical glitch is one thing, but admitting to a virus attack shows the online system may be tough to handle for authorities. Rajiv Kumar, a well-know lawyer, said the cancelled exams would give rise not only to question of inequality, but also denial of equal opportunity.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am doing my 6th semseter Btech in I.T and need to do a project... So the topic I choose is to control a PC by using a mobile...
Hi Guys, We have started a blog and one of the scetion is Altium Designer tips hope you find it useful. You can find it here. Chris
The TechCrunch baby, which is no longer TechCrunchs', "JooJoo" will be launched on December 11,2009, says the Fusion Garage CEO Chandrasekar Rathakrishnan. Fusion Garage has pegged the price of the...
Version: 1.10.01 File Size: 2032 License: Free Operating System: Windows 2000,Windows 9.x,Windows Vista,Windows 7 If your business requires you to respond to e-mail or mail requests, The Form Letter Machine...
Hi CEans, Join the Fight against Global warming and help spread awareness of the issues at hand. We're working hard to make others more aware of the growing problem of...