Cars Made of Aluminum

I came across an interesting claim from Audi. Audi has patented its Aluminum space frame design. It says, Audi is the only car manufacturer in the world to use complete Aluminum parts for production cars.

But I can name many auto companies having 100% Aluminum frames.

Do you support Audi's claims?

Replies

• Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Of course Aluminum is the lightest material, so for the fast movement of vehicle Aluminum frames are used.. ๐Ÿ˜
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    rkvasan68
    Aluminum Is Striving for Mass Appeal, but With a Lot Less Mass - The New York Times
    just check the link
    Boss, he's asking, is Audi the number one guy to make a car fully of aluminium!!!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yeah how can Audi claim a patent as many auto companies are using Aluminum?
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    Engine blocks and mountings are usually made of aluminum alloys these days, at least in middle-class to high-end automobiles. The only other mainframe part left is the chessis plus space frames. As the article states, Acura (made by Honda) introduced an all-aluminum chessis and space frame before Audi did.
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Praveen-Kumar
    Boss, he's asking, is Audi the number one guy to make a car fully of aluminium!!!
    sorry i got it..๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜ญ
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    rkvasan68
    sorry i got it..๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜ญ
    Don't cry buddy, btw, they didn't have the patents... ๐Ÿ˜›
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    aarthivg
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    ohhoo... pls read the full thread..

Praveen-Kumar said: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Boss, he's asking, is Audi the number one guy to make a car fully of aluminium!!!โ€‹
    sorry i got it..๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜ญ
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    rkvasan68

Boss, he's asking, is Audi the number one guy to make a car fully of aluminium!!!โ€‹
    sorry i got it..๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜ญ
    #-Link-Snipped-# The information posted by aarthivg and you is relevant in the sense that it relates with aluminum. It many times happen that a thread initially posted for some cause makes up some other good idea. Here we are getting some information on Al- vehicles. Let the discussions proceed.
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    #-Link-Snipped-# ok.... any one is ready with an idea that, Y audi applied for patent for its Aluminum space frame design....?๐Ÿ˜
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    rkvasan68

sorry i got it..๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜ญ
    I think I am right. Please read the content link
    P.S. if wrong sorry for it

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys tell me how to determine the following: consider two v-pulleys connected by a v belt. the speed at which the driving pulley rotates is known . how do...
I did not give GATE this year & I think I may have to wait till next year GATE 2013. What are my options ? how can I utilize this...
It is normal for a person to get hungry all of a sudden. But when it happens in a place you don't know much about, You will be in a...
I have done R.S. Aggarwal books. Can anyone suggest me some other good books for bank preparation? I am looking for reasoning & verbal books. I also have wren &...
Wishing you many many Happy returns of the day Pensu HapPy BirThDAy ๐ŸŽ‰