Carrying out FAT at Site instead of at factory

Hi all,
i want to know if it is ok to carry out FAT at site. FAT akka Factory Accetance Test needs to be done at factory itslf. But if vendor proposes to conduct FAT at site itself, is it safe and not violation of any norm?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    FAT and SAT are rather different.
    There are nearly 100 pages of info here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • lal
    lal
    Well, ideally FAT is conducted at the manufacturing facility itself. But then, if the vendor and client are in to some kind of agreement, FAT and SAT may be conducted together. It all depends on client and their requirements.

Simply put, some way the client has to make sure the machine/project meets the required specifications through a series of tests. And altogether those are called acceptance tests.
  • barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    usually most of the tests by a vendor on his product will be done in his place of expertise which is factory shopfloor.. but may be if there is some test like hydrotest or nitrogen purge test, it would be agreed with customer to do in site itself..
  • NARASINGA RAO Ganga
    NARASINGA RAO Ganga
    Yes... Correct.. I agree with above friends... Generally FAT is Factory acceptance test and it is conducted at the manufacturing facility itself and it should meet they requirements and specifications of the good and after testing it can be send to SITE location then SAT can apply and it is conducted at the site after reaching and inspected by related qualified persons and need to do close inspections and tests accordingly the specifications.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I need project ideas based on braking system, steering system, emission control system. Please suggest me some ideas in any one of the following.
The British company Jaguar, which is currently owned by Tata motors has recently launched an updated Indian version of its flagship XJ Jaguar car in Mumbai. Priced at INR 98.03...
Japan and Robots are harmonious, and they seem to be taking on one industry after the other. This time, it is farming and cultivation. Spread, a Lettuce Production Company in...
After launching in almost all other major countries , BlackBerry's finally decided to launch their latest Smartphone - BlackBerry Priv - in India. The smartphone , announced in Sep 25,...
Project Abstract / Summary : Abstract The title of our project is Mobile fruit picker. The name fruit plucker itself suggests that the basic operation being performed is of plucking...