Career in the Indian Air Force

Hello CEans! First of all, a great site! So I was facing a problem and my friend suggested this site. I had a dream of becoming a commercial Pilot and travelling the world (Both are equally fascinating for me, incase you're wondering). But as it is expensive these days I thought about joining the Indian Air Force (IAF). I know there are exams conducted twice every year and went through the IAF site but my knowledge is still vague about it. So if anyone wants to share their experience or knowledge, thanks a lot! Any advice is really appreciated!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dear #-Link-Snipped-# , welcome to CrazyEngineers. Glad to see you in the team. If your dream is to travel the world, joining IAF may not be the right thing to do. You should ideally look at obtaining a commercial pilot's license and look for a job in an airline company.

However, if you think IAF is the way to go; I'm sure our fellow CEans will help you out. My only concern would be to check if IAF would take you to fulfilling your dream.
  • Darshan.Chitagi
    Darshan.Chitagi
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dear #-Link-Snipped-# , welcome to CrazyEngineers. Glad to see you in the team. If your dream is to travel the world, joining IAF may not be the right thing to do. You should ideally look at obtaining a commercial pilot's license and look for a job in an airline company.

However, if you think IAF is the way to go; I'm sure our fellow CEans will help you out. My only concern would be to check if IAF would take you to fulfilling your dream.

I had the same doubt in my mind in the beginning. But all the other options, which involve both traveling around the world and working at the same time, are down the drain. Thus I landed on this decision. I am going to be honest here. Yes, I love my country. But joining IAF will only help me set my first step in my career as a Pilot. I am going to pursue my dream and become a commercial pilot after I have obtained my Pilot license. Since its hard to obtain a pilot licence unless you are ready to pour in a lot of cash, IAF is my only option right now.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# welcome to CE.
    If you are interested to be part of IAF or Indian Army. this schedule will help you to apply for upcoming notification.
  • Darshan.Chitagi
    Darshan.Chitagi
    Vikram S Bargah
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# welcome to CE.
    If you are interested to be part of IAF or Indian Army. this schedule will help you to apply for upcoming notification.
    Thanks a lot #-Link-Snipped-#. But I am still in my 2nd year. So i guess i still have time.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Darshan.Chitagi
    Thanks a lot #-Link-Snipped-#. But I am still in my 2nd year. So i guess i still have time.
    Welll friend you are now in the most appropriate position . As u need time to prepare for Written + SSB Interview i.e. mentally & physically.
    Go for it. Best of Luck.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

code.py # A simple notebook application import code_util as util # defining a class available_bookclasses = ('private', 'public', 'none') class notebook: # Varibles book_name = '' book_class = available_bookclasses[2] item_name...
Renault unveiled its new 2015 Twingo and, amazingly, it’s rear-engine and rear-wheel drive (RWD). Moving the engine to the back, Renault says, has given the new Twingo “pleasantly agile handling”,...
Jaguar, the British multinational car manufacturer, has now taken the wraps off its upcoming sports sedan - Jaguar XE. We were excited in March to know about the car's basic...
Please take a minute to look at my PyPi module "util_random" Here is the link-: https://pypi.python.org/pypi?name=util_random&version=1.0.0.0&:action=display
We just moved to our new office. Have a look !