Career in IBM Mainframe

hello CEans,
my wishes to all of you.
i was planning to have my career diverted towards IBM Mainframe, so please can any one help me with the details regarding IBM Mainframe? please tell me about the institutes from where i can study a course and also some knowledge regarding certification.
thank you.
:smile:

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Its bit surprising that you're planning for a career in IBM Mainframes without knowing about it. What makes you think that you should opt for career in mainframes?
  • tanmeyamohan
    tanmeyamohan
    i had some information about the IBM mainframes and thought to do something different in my career instead of just making some application programs and getting kicked out of MNCs during recession period!!!
  • ankesh.cs2007
    ankesh.cs2007
    hay tanmaya, ibm mainframe is good course, it includes
    COBOL(programming language)
    jcl(compiler)
    vsam(file handler)
    db2(database)
    cics(for designing GUI).
    you need to study all those fields.
  • ankesh.cs2007
    ankesh.cs2007
    although the cost is very high (15k to 45k)
  • tanmeyamohan
    tanmeyamohan
    thanks ankesh.cs2007
    please can you tell me of some institute really good in this field + placements.
  • ankesh.cs2007
    ankesh.cs2007
    Hay can you tell me where whould u like to do this course. I mean to say place

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello CEans. my wishes. some days ago i attended a workshop on ethical hacking conducted bu innobuzz solutions, i felt some interest of mine in that field, so was thinking...
hello CEans, my wishes. i was searching on the net regarding a summer training/course of j2ee. i got a link about an association STEP, IIT Roorkee, which used to conduct...
hello CEans, my wishes. i got some information of an institute SQL STAR INTERNATIONAL SQL Star - Leading IT solutions & Business Software Developer while going through the knowledge services...
An earthquake measuring 6.9 on the Richter scale shook parts of Andaman and Nicobar Islands on Tuesday night leaving two persons injured but there was no report of any death...
* Scientists collide particles at highest energy ever * Success hailed as huge step in understanding universe * Mysterious dark matter, new dimensions may be found By Robert Evans GENEVA,...